Author Topic: Bledsoe, Monroe, Green trade idea  (Read 1667 times)

Bledsoe, Monroe, Green trade idea
« on: August 24, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If two restricted free agents can be involved in the same trade, which I'm not sure is possible or not, then I think this could be an excellent trade for all teams involved. I think this works with the salary cap, though I'm no expert.

Bos Out: Green, Phi 2015 1st (2 2nds)
Bos In: Len, Datome, 2015 Det 1st

Phx Out: Bledsoe, Len
Phx In: Monroe, Phi 2015 1st

Det Out: Monroe, Datome, 2015 Det 1st
Det In: Bledsoe, Green

Why Detroit does it: This puts Smith back at the 4 and gives them an actual 3 to play alongside Drummond and Smith. A lineup of Bledsoe, Meeks, Green, Smith, and Drummond is super athletic, excellent defensively, and able to make some noise in the East.

Why Pheonix does it: This finally settles the Bledsoe situation with them, while turning Bledsoe into an area of need for them in the frontcourt. They lose Len through this, which is why we give them the conditional Philly pick; however, they turn a negative into a positive. A Dragic, Green, Tucker, Morris, and Monroe lineup is nice, and they will do just as good if not better than last year.

Why Boston does it: We get out of Mr. Inconsistency's contract and make room for Turner to showcase his talents. We also pick up Detroit's first and get an expiring contract. Finally, we get an actual center with promising upside.

Who says no?

Re: Bledsoe, Monroe, Green trade idea
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:04:08 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I don't think Phoenix does this.  It's not horrible in terms of value (slightly uneven but not terrible), but I don't think they'd be interested in Monroe.  Offensively they could make it work; he'd clog their spacing a bit but his passing could compensate and he's a good post scorer which would bring a new dimension to their offense.  I think they'd want a more stout defender at center than Monroe though given the rest of their personnel.  I like it for us and Detroit though and I commend you for not proposing a deal that's horribly lopsided in favor of the Celtics  ;D

Re: Bledsoe, Monroe, Green trade idea
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:27:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Yeah, I think Detroit is the clear winner in this deal, but we would get some value for Green if it would go through.