Author Topic: Team USA Final Roster Announced  (Read 1035 times)

Team USA Final Roster Announced
« on: August 23, 2014, 12:49:43 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Named as members of the official 2014 USA Basketball World Cup Team were: DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings); Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors); Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans); DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors); Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons); Kenneth Faried (Denver Nuggets); Rudy Gay (Sacramento Kings); James Harden (Houston Rockets); Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers); Mason Plumlee (Brooklyn Nets); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); and Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors).

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/08/23/usa-final-roster-release/

Damian Lillard, Kyle Korver, Gordon Hayward, and Chandler Parsons were the four cuts.

Re: Team USA Final Roster Announced
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 01:15:48 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Surprised Fareed made it over Parsons. Team USA running 5 traditional big men, must really be concerned about Spain's size.

Re: Team USA Final Roster Announced
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 02:05:05 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Was rooting for Drummond and DeRozan to make it. I thought they played well. Plumlee also earned his spot. Gay and Faried made it to fill in for versatility that George and Durant were suppose to supply the team. Not great options for scoring but you needed a true Sf and a some one at Big-SF/ Small-PF.

Keeping so many bigs may be a good to battle for boards as Curry and Thompson only "shooters" I trust on the team. ( Do still hope other guys can hit a good 3% with the closer line.)

Overall I like the strong front line players and a smooth back court options for 2014 team USA.
GO USA!