Author Topic: suns trying to steal Love?  (Read 3903 times)

suns trying to steal Love?
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11394176&src=desktop

Someone else may have mentioned or saw this.....but i wonder what they are offering for love..bledsoe and.....?

Re: suns trying to steal Love?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
interesting if true. but would love extend in phoenix as he seems to have promised to do in cleveland? i admit that i would enjoy seeing lebron left standing at the alter.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:32:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
MEH

Love to Cleveland, done deal!!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 05:41:19 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
nothing to see here.  move along.  these are not the players you are looking for.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
nothing to see here.  move along.  these are not the players you are looking for.

Probably right,  but initial reports were that Minny was looking for players to compete now. My understanding was that our deal wasn't attractive to them because very young players and picks weren't attractive to them. Obviously Wiggins as the #1 overall pick has a lot more panache than what we had to offer so they're probably taking it.

However, a deal centering around Bledsoe or Dragic along with Len and or Plumlee, TJ Warren and Ennis may move the dial for Minny. I think that package is better than what Cleveland can offer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n7o5fgg

Here's hoping!! Would love to see the self-proclaimed "king" not get every blankin' thing he wants.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 05:56:29 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Can't move the dial,  you haven't seen Flip tap dancing about the deal?  I don't blame him,  he did about as good as you can.

Oops i think i reported my post trying to edit it.

Anyway, i know it isn't official but it's done and I imagine Flip doing cartwheels all over the place.  No offer the Suns can make would change this from being done. No way Flip gambles that Bledsoe would stay in Minny or that he'd work with Rubio.  They take the package they are getting and running with it. Wiggins had to stay for 4 seasons,  Bennett 3 more?  Thad probably doesn't matter but I don't know his contract situation, a 4m TPE, and they get a pick.  No one will beat that offer.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:12:35 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 06:25:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
No way Flip gambles that Bledsoe would stay in Minny

It would be a sign-and-trade, so Bledsoe would be locked down under contract for 3-4 years.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
If I were Flip, I'd ask for Bledsoe, Len, TJ, and Ennis. That would be soooooo much more than they would've had from the Cavs.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If I'm Flip I'm like "You need to compensate me for losing two #1 overall picks AND for ticking off every other GM in the league for backing out of a virtually done deal. It needs to be clearly better by enough that every other GM totally understands my backing out of this to do another deal. Further I'm not happy about the idea of totally burning bridges with another team. I want to work in this league. So feel free to blow me away. Big time"

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 11:10:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
If I were Flip, I'd ask for Bledsoe, Len, TJ, and Ennis. That would be soooooo much more than they would've had from the Cavs.

How so? Bledsoe would be a rental.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

How so? Bledsoe would be a rental.
No way Flip gambles that Bledsoe would stay in Minny

It would be a sign-and-trade, so Bledsoe would be locked down under contract for 3-4 years.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not a chance. Next.

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 10:13:02 AM »

Offline revtodd64

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Just wishful thinking by the Suns, who are in a jam.  They are calling around the league to see what sticks.  Its ridiculous that they offered Bledsoe basically the same package that Avery Bradley got.  At the same time, Bledsoe believes he deserves the max.  Neither side is being realistic, so maybe this is the Suns way of trying to show Bledsoe his value.  They can say, "Look, we tried to trade you and no takers.  So lets get this deal done."