Author Topic: BOS/SUNS/PACERS trade idea  (Read 3522 times)

BOS/SUNS/PACERS trade idea
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:11 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I really think bledsoe would be great with the pacers...when PG returns they would be like a westbrook/KD combo.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mvg72za
I think salaries would work out with bledsoe getting 14-15 mil a yr

Suns OUT: Bledsoe
IN: Bass, George Hill, Chris Johnson, BOS pick or picks

Pacers OUT: Hibbert, Hill, Copeland
IN: Bledsoe, Green, Fav

BOS OUT: Bass, Green, Fav, CJ, Pick(s)
IN: Hibbert Copeland

WHY:
SUNS~ im not sure its enough for bledsoe but maybe...they do get something in return with bass and hill filling out their bench with vets to make playoff run and waive CJ for lil cap relief plus the picks are nice
Lineup: Thomas,Dragic, Green, Morris, Plumlee with hill, bass on the bench

Pacers~ They make the playoffs and  get a real point guard
Lineup: Bledsoe/Stuckey/Green/West/Mahinmi...with scola, allen, cj watson
then when PG returns.... bledsoe/stuckey/PG/West/Mahinmi and green is in 6th man role

Boston~ get legit rim protector that rondo will  get going
lineup: rondo/bradley/turner/KO or Sully/Hibbert

thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:30:35 PM by Humble G »

Re: BOS/SUNS/PACERS
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I like the trade, but the Suns may want more.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 11:30:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I like this trade as well. The suns may want more, but what more can they get for Bledsoe?

Bass/George Hill and a pick or two is a lot for Bledsoe, they are having a bargain in my opinion

Re: BOS/SUNS/PACERS trade idea
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well I believe it be more likely that deal between those three teams would be
Pacers get Turner (allowed to stay with Pacers; pacers use IRE to sign him), Sully and Bledsoe.
Pacers lose Hibbert, future 1st and pair of 2nds.

C's get Hibbert, 3 picks from Pacers.
C's lose Turner*, Sully, Green and Bogans.

Suns get Bogans and Green
Suns lose Bledsoe.

Suns can't ask much for Bledsoe because Pacers take the risk of paying the guy. Green fits in with the Suns. Bogans saves them $.

Pacers have Bledsoe, Hill, Turner, West, Sully.  Until PG is back. Not a bad squad.

C's back out of Turner deal and move Sully to appease Pacers and Turner. C's get back plenty of picks that could swing to the positive. C land center with size that can hopefully turn it back around from his half year collapse. Green had his time now they move on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:23:09 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
It's a nice idea. I'm not sure what to think of Hibbert after last year's collapse, but if it turns out that was a fluke, then this trade is a huge win for the C's. Pacers might do it out of frustration, and Suns do it just because their relationship with Bledsoe is unsalvageable.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
It's a nice idea. I'm not sure what to think of Hibbert after last year's collapse, but if it turns out that was a fluke, then this trade is a huge win for the C's. Pacers might do it out of frustration, and Suns do it just because their relationship with Bledsoe is unsalvageable.
I think Suns and Pacers do make out rather well in my version. C's have biggest risk/reward.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think Suns and Pacers do make out rather well in my version. C's have biggest risk/reward.

Lol, I don't think so.

Where's the risk?

Losing Bass, Faverani and Jeff Green?

I mentioned in another post that if the Celts could somehow get Hibbert and he ends up playing well on a new team, that would be a steal for the Celts.

Not to mention he's only under contract for a couple more years so if he doesn't pan out, it's not like your stuck with him.

If anyone said no to this deal it would either be Indiana and possibly Phoenix as well.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Lol, I don't think so.

Where's the risk?

I mentioned in another post that if the Celts could somehow get Hibbert and he ends up playing well on a new team, that would be a steal for the Celts.

Not to mention he's only under contract for a couple more years so if he doesn't pan out, it's not like your stuck with him.

If anyone said no to this deal it would either be Indiana and possibly Phoenix as well.
you do have a valid point that moving Green, Bass and Fav isn't much of a risk from a talent perspective since we're not losing a lot.  I think the risk comes from including unspecified picks and players on short deals for someone who's on a longer contract and stunk badly in last year's playoffs.
Danny would have to be dead positive Hibbert isn't a lost cause headcase before making this deal. 

Not really sure of the appeal for any of the teams tbh.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Lol, I don't think so.

Where's the risk?

Just paying 14 million to a guy who gets 0/0 in a playoff game is a risk. So not sure how any one can write lol at that.

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I like this trade as well. The suns may want more, but what more can they get for Bledsoe?

Bass/George Hill and a pick or two is a lot for Bledsoe, they are having a bargain in my opinion

No it's not Bass is a role player and Hill is an overpaid third guard.  That's not half of Bledsoe's value.  Even with a pick or 2 thrown in.  The Suns would want talent for Bledsoe not picks they have enough of those...

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Well I believe it be more likely that deal between those three teams would be
Pacers get Turner (allowed to stay with Pacers; pacers use IRE to sign him), Sully and Bledsoe.
Pacers lose Hibbert, future 1st and pair of 2nds.

C's get Hibbert, 3 picks from Pacers.
C's lose Turner*, Sully, Green and Bogans.

Suns get Bogans and Green
Suns lose Bledsoe.

Suns can't ask much for Bledsoe because Pacers take the risk of paying the guy. Green fits in with the Suns. Bogans saves them $.

Pacers have Bledsoe, Hill, Turner, West, Sully.  Until PG is back. Not a bad squad.

C's back out of Turner deal and move Sully to appease Pacers and Turner. C's get back plenty of picks that could swing to the positive. C land center with size that can hopefully turn it back around from his half year collapse. Green had his time now they move on.

I really dont like this trade for us...giving up too much for hibbert and basically 3 2nd round picks bc pacers should be in playoffs for long time...plus leaves us with no SF besides wallace and young and we have less trade assetts to fill that void then. Imo if we r trading for hibbert we r headed down the win now path

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 04:44:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
That is a different take then me. I see Hibbert more long term because he has to mature more. He isn't a win now guy to me given his collapse last year you can't depend on him. I see him as better and ready to fully compete and help lead in another year at 28. I also think you can move Rondo for a promising SF and more.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
That is a different take then me. I see Hibbert more long term because he has to mature more. He isn't a win now guy to me given his collapse last year you can't depend on him. I see him as better and ready to fully compete and help lead in another year at 28. I also think you can move Rondo for a promising SF and more.

But arent we trying to get hibbert to pair with rondo? In hopes brad and rondo can get him on track....and i agree that it will take hibbert a year to get back but we will need  a sf to pair with rondo and hibbert.....we have picks to trade butusually it takes more than just picks to get legit players....if we trade anyone else ...bradley rondo ko....to get sf then we have another hole unless ur banking on smart to develop into borderline allstar in one year
......idk i just feel like we were giving up too much.....jusylt uncomfortable bout losing green and turner....sully i might be ok bc we have KO....idk BUT we can agree we both would like to give hibbert a shot here so TP for that my friend :-)

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 05:30:43 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
not sure boston is needed here, if i'm the suns i just offer bledsoe for hibbert. suns get a rim protector, pacers get a scorer.
indiana is toast anyways no matter what they do this year, IMO. seems like a lateral move unless they really are having problems with hibbert behind the scenes. they should dump west (while he still has value) and just tank for a year.
if they trade west for an expiring and a pick, they'll get 2 picks in this draft, and have space for a max free agent in the off-season.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Lol, I don't think so.

Where's the risk?

Just paying 14 million to a guy who gets 0/0 in a playoff game is a risk. So not sure how any one can write lol at that.

Because it's quite possible that Hibbert either wants out of Indiana or there was something going on with the team that was bringing everyone down.

I agree Hibbert looked awful in the playoffs but a change of scenery could do him a world of good.

Plus, last year's playoffs aside, Hibbert is a career 11/7 guy and one of only a few legit, talented centers in the league.

I think the reward of Hibbert responding well to a new team with an actual point guard in Rondo and new coach in BS is worth the risk of dealing scrubs like Bass, Green and Faverani.

Also, it's not like Hibbert has this albatross of a contract.

He only has 1 year left with a player option for 2015/16
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:44:22 PM by gpap »