Author Topic: Woj reports the 76ers/Minny/Cav trade done, but with a twist.  (Read 19296 times)

Re: Woj reports the 76ers/Minny/Cav trade done, but with a twist.
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 03:41:57 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I thought thats a solid hal for Minny. Two kids with high upside and a starter level player for a Star whose leaving anyway and a couple of reserves.

And Philly, wow. They have the Apocalypse while we only have a Grizzly Tank. (High five to whoever gets the reference).

i agree it's a pretty good haul for the wolves, but philly should have gotten more on their end, it's fortunate for the wolves that philly is so willing to dump young, surely there's some other team in this league that could have offered more for young...

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2014, 05:52:37 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Fired up for the Wolves. Philly got a little back but not that much.

Wolves are stocked with young and young-ish talent.

Shabazz Muhammad
Gorgui Dieng
Pek
LaVine
Wiggins
Bennett
Thad Young
Brewer, K Mart, Barea
Budinger
Rubio

Rubio, KMart, Wiggins, Thad, Pek starting lineup
LaVine, Shabazz, Brewer/Budinger, Bennett, Dieng primary backups

Awesomely high upside nucleus. I haven't given up on Shabazz. The media hype from 2 years ago still has me pumped up. Hype!!

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm officially rooting for the Wolves to make the playoffs the first year Love is gone.

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm officially rooting for the Wolves to make the playoffs the first year Love is gone.

Why??

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 07:54:12 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Why??

I for one is p---ed that Cavs traded Wiggins. I really hope they regret that decision and the kid succeed in Minny along with Bennett. I still have hope for the other canadian after looking his summer league highlights.

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2014, 08:14:43 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I hope Young gets traded by the deadline to a legitimate contending team.  He's had a really unfortunate career so far being stuck on mediocre-at-best, godawful-at-worst teams.

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
As many have said quite the haul for minny.

Solid proven talent in Martin young and Pek.
A young nucleus with lots of potential in

Rubio Lavine wiggins Bennett and dieng.

Flip Saunders did well.

Depending on how you feel about wiggins our best offer would've been on par with this one. I think the kg deal hurt us.

Green, number 6, number 17, and sully along with our ability to absorb contracts (bogans and trade exception) and to provide future picks in my opinion was a great offer after all.

I can't fault the wolves for wanting wiggins more then smart or randle but it'll be interesting to see how he does compared to them.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Flip Saunders absolutely killed it on this one. I thought he had no real leverage, but he certainly did. What a return to speed up Minny's rebuilding process.

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2014, 09:09:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Flip Saunders can go straight to hell

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2014, 09:09:03 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Flip did kill it. The Sixers crushed this too. Amazing. More assets for giving up a stiff like Young. That Miami pick is going to be big. They'll flip the other players for 2nd rounders to move up in the draft. Hinkie showing why he's one of the best GM's around. Wish the Celtics were doing things like this.

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2014, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Flip did kill it. The Sixers crushed this too. Amazing. More assets for giving up a stiff like Young. That Miami pick is going to be big. They'll flip the other players for 2nd rounders to move up in the draft. Hinkie showing why he's one of the best GM's around. Wish the Celtics were doing things like this.

Why, what's his claim to fame?

Is intentionally making your team bad now viewed as being a good thing?

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2014, 09:26:22 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I would guarantee that Miami pick is in the 20s. Thad is as good as players in the 20s unless they make a big hit.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2014, 09:39:14 PM »

fitzhickey

How is Young a stiff at all?

And how is making your team abysmal a good thing??

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 11:15:09 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I thought thats a solid hal for Minny. Two kids with high upside and a starter level player for a Star whose leaving anyway and a couple of reserves.

And Philly, wow. They have the Apocalypse while we only have a Grizzly Tank. (High five to whoever gets the reference).

Kirov reporting
- LilRip

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
great trade for all sides, IMO.

Wolves got a ton of value from a guy who was 100% guaranteed going to walk away. Cavs obviously got an allstar. And the sixers...well, i'll go into a little more detail on why i like it.

Thad Young was quite unhappy last year and so maybe this is them doing him a solid (since the Wolves will be an exciting team next year). Additionally, getting a mentor for Embiid (yes, i believe the reason) is a great move. I am in the camp that believes young teams absolutely need vets to teach them about off-court stuff, which usually translates into good on-court habits.

The Sixers are getting a lot of flak but essentially, what they're doing is still securing assets. But instead of acquiring a treasure trove of mid-tier draft picks, they're making sure their own picks are gold. And for all this talk about "they're going to need to pay those kids some day", "they have too many high upside guys", etc. etc. Well, you saw what happened with Love. Some team is going to give up proven talent for upside. You see it even on these forums, with all these trade Rondo for <young guy> ideas. It's not unreasonable to think that at some point in the next 2 years, the Sixers could likely package MCW+Embiid for a perennial all-star, and the #2 overall pick in 2016 for another all-star.

- LilRip