Author Topic: Suns now looking to trade eric bledsoe  (Read 11836 times)

Re: Suns now looking to trade eric bledsoe
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo for Bledsoe does nothing for the suns. You got one guy leaving after a season with another older guy possibly doing the same.

If i was Mcdounaugh i would want Marcus Smart for Bledsoe , and that is not happening.  We could send them Green and picks, but then Rondo needs to be traded elsewhere

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 07:23:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd swap Rondo for Bledsoe, but I'm sure we would need a third team as Rondo doesn't make a ton of sense for the Suns. 

I think this one makes some sense for all three teams.

Boston - Bledsoe, Stauskus, Williams, Landry
Sacramento - Rondo, Green
Phoenix - McLemore, Bass, Sac 1st (earliest they can trade it)
that's a lousy deal for Boston.

Rondo > Bledsoe and Rondo's cheaper right now.
Green > Williams by a mile.  Williams is bust material right now
Bass > Landry .  Landry is an overpaid, undersized PF
Stauskas is an unproven rookie that plays the same position as 3 other guys on the roster: AB, Thornton and Turner (regardless of whether he claims to be a SF, he's been more of a SG)

why would this even be considered a fair, never mind good, deal for Boston?

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I'd swap Rondo for Bledsoe, but I'm sure we would need a third team as Rondo doesn't make a ton of sense for the Suns. 

that's a lousy deal for Boston.

Rondo > Bledsoe and Rondo's cheaper right now.
Green > Williams by a mile.  Williams is bust material right now
Bass > Landry .  Landry is an overpaid, undersized PF
Stauskas is an unproven rookie that plays the same position as 3 other guys on the roster: AB, Thornton and Turner (regardless of whether he claims to be a SF, he's been more of a SG)

why would this even be considered a fair, never mind good, deal for Boston?

I agree Slam, I want no part of Landry.  Williams I could care less about, he could be a restricted free agent after this year or the Celts could renounce their rights to him making him an unrestricted free agent.  I do like Bledsoe and Staukas though, if Bledsoe is signed to an affordable contract.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Rondo for Bledsoe does nothing for the suns. You got one guy leaving after a season with another older guy possibly doing the same.

If i was Mcdounaugh i would want Marcus Smart for Bledsoe , and that is not happening.  We could send them Green and picks, but then Rondo needs to be traded elsewhere

Why not?

Rondo and Bledsoe would be a sweet backcourt.

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 08:09:58 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

Why not?

Because smart is going to be as good or better then Bledsoe this year at A much better price.

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:27 PM »

fitzhickey

Why not?

Because smart is going to be as good or better then Bledsoe this year at A much better price.
If Marcus Smart averages 18 5 and 5 I will eat my shoe.

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Why not?

they are both 6'1. You can't have them on the court at the same time for too long.

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 08:51:43 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Why not?

haha that one made me laugh.  I doubt Smart will average those numbers either, but I don't think the comparison is fair right now.  Give Smart 2 years in the league and see what he is averaging. 

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 08:58:46 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Rather keep Rondo.

Clearly if Phoenix is ready to move Bledsoe, he is asking for more then they think he is worth.

He didn't even stay healthy for his breakout season.

And if the Celtics are going to trade Rondo, I would hope it would be to strengthen another positions vs. another SG with PG size.  Give Smart the PG position.

Problem with that is Smart is an unknown and no one really knows how he would fare as the team's starting point guard.

Could be wrong about this, but I don't think the Celts drafted Smart to be the opening night starting point guard but rather a capable back-up who could also start when needed.

And everything we have seen of Bledsoe as an offensive pg is not good.   He is a sg.  That's why the Suns got Thomas.  To keep Bledsoe at sg.

And I'll admit, I haven't seen enough of Bledsoe to form an opinion.

I know he's fast, athletic and a pretty good 3 point shooter but don't know too much beyond that.

My first preference is KEEP Rondo and add a couple veterans with him (like his buddies Smith/Gay) but for whatever reason, Ainge doesn't seem to want to go that way.

There has been drastic drop-offs the last two years in terms of the offense when the lead PG is in and when Bledsoe takes over. 

For example, when you look at Dragic on/off court stats per 48 minutes, the offense is a plus 10 when he is on the court.  (the defense is only a plus .6)  When he was off the court, the majority of the time, I imagine that Bledsoe was running the team.  (Bledsoe is a minus 3.2)

The year before, Paul was a plus 11.9.  Bledsoe was a minus 8.3.  (I would bet he played less SG that year)

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 09:05:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Why not?

You're going to video tape this right?  ;D

Although I agree with the sentiment. Why do a Rondo - Bledsoe backcourt when we can develop a Rondo - Smart duo for a cheaper price. Will Marcus Smart average 18/5/5? Dont think so, not this year at least, but theres potential in that kid that we are not overpaying. If we trade for Bledsoe, we trade Rondo too, either for Bledsoe or to someone else.

But I dont like to overpay for Bledsoe. I mean, he's not a max guy, that kid is full of it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Bledsoe is overrated.

There, I said it.

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:47 AM »

fitzhickey

Why not?

You're going to video tape this right?  ;D

Although I agree with the sentiment. Why do a Rondo - Bledsoe backcourt when we can develop a Rondo - Smart duo for a cheaper price. Will Marcus Smart average 18/5/5? Dont think so, not this year at least, but theres potential in that kid that we are not overpaying. If we trade for Bledsoe, we trade Rondo too, either for Bledsoe or to someone else.

But I dont like to overpay for Bledsoe. I mean, he's not a max guy, that kid is full of it.

Why not?

haha that one made me laugh.  I doubt Smart will average those numbers either, but I don't think the comparison is fair right now.  Give Smart 2 years in the league and see what he is averaging.
In reply to both of you, I think Smart could actually develop into a similar player to Bledsoe. Maybe even getting stats like that one day. I just don't think he will be that good in his rookie season.

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 01:20:09 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
If we're giving Rondo for Bledsoe, I want additional assets, too. Not sure they want rondo next to Dragic. But Green, waivables and a pick or two for Bledsoe, you might talk them into it. Then you're committed to trading Rondo, though.

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 08:27:53 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If we are trading Rondo, I want a big not another guard. I might consider a 3-way deal with Rondo to Phoenix, Bledsoe to Detroit, and Monroe to Boston along with a Phoenix 1st round pick.

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 08:35:10 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Phoenix gets Green also and maybe it makes a little sense for Phoenix.
If Bledsoe signs a Q.O. then Phoenix has no leverage.  Thus, if they move him and pick up some useful pieces in the process it is better than him just riding out his 1 year and them getting nothing (they can't even really trade him since he can veto all trades and the team acquiring him wouldn't have Bird rights so the value to that team is a lot less).  Now maybe you swap Bass and Green in the trade, but that is much less attractive to Sacramento especially given they could very well lose Rondo after the season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip