Author Topic: Marcus Smart as a small forward?  (Read 6945 times)

Re: Marcus Smart as a small forward?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »

Offline cm43sports

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
LeBron CAN guard 1s and 5s, but not as well as Tony and Iggy guard 1s.  How many times has he even done it?
[/quote]

Well he locked down Derrick Rose during Rose's MVP campaign while in the playoffs. Once they put LeBron on Rose, that series was completely finished.

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 11:39:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
LeBron CAN guard 1s and 5s, but not as well as Tony and Iggy guard 1s.  How many times has he even done it?

Well he locked down Derrick Rose during Rose's MVP campaign while in the playoffs. Once they put LeBron on Rose, that series was completely finished.

I would much rather put LeBron on a point guard than on a Center, actually.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:48 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

[/quote]

Hasn't stopped Parker or RR. I don't know if the person was saying he couldn't do it (doubt they were b/c there is proof), I'm sure he is saying that he can't do it to as many of them as TA or Iggy can.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying what I think that poster was trying to convey.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 02:25:01 AM »

fitzhickey

Like Nick said, I'd want Smart to learn his actual positions (PG and SG) instead of trying to learn a position he'd have serious difficulties playing.

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 04:25:19 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sure, if Stevens wants to play Rondo, Bradley, and Smart together for a play or for a few minutes to create a spark, Smart will probably guard the small forward.  I don't see that happening often.

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 05:21:04 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 07:19:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That's great but he didn't defend him all game.  We might go three guard it happens sometimes in basketball.

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 07:26:13 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He'd of course be better than Jeff Green, but asking Smart to play small forward is asking a lot.
i have high hopes for smart BUT jeff green is a very good defender at the sf position, wallace is a very good defender at sf position, marcus smart might be built like a bull but if he is guarding a tall powerful sf for longer than 5 minutes it won't look nice
side note: tony allen can guard most sf in league but his height does hurt him in certain match ups