Author Topic: 2014-15 UEFA Champions League  (Read 54571 times)

Re: 2014-15 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
PSG - Chelsea today.

If PSG plays the same way they did the first leg, Chelsea will probably run out of luck.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2015, 03:02:54 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
PSG - Chelsea today.

If PSG plays the same way they did the first leg, Chelsea will probably run out of luck.
Matic back today for Chelsea. No soft midfield for PSG to beat up on.

I think PSG's best chance has already come and gone.

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2015, 03:45:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Chelsea playing interesting team. Oscar playing alongside Matic, Ramires and Fabregas. I wonder if Oscar will play out on right wing or if Mourinho will turn to his trusted 4-4-2 diamond formation. Try to pack that central area of the pitch.

At kick-off, Oscar starting centrally. Ah Ramires is out on the right side. Matic as defensive midfielder. Fabregas playing deep alongside Matic. Oscar attacking mid. 

Attacking start to this one. Both sides hitting balls into the box early.

Almost all of Chelsea's attacks are coming down this left hand side. Costa is spending most of his time over there looking to create 1-2s with Hazard and triangulation of play with other midfielders. Ignoring right side of the pitch. Oscar veering to the left as well. Ramires is right sided midfielder. Playing deep when Chelsea defend though.

PSG need to get a few more aerial balls into Ibrahimovic and Cavani. Maxwell was wasteful with a low cross when PSG had a lot of players in the box particularly Zlatan who was running in late unmarked. Pastore not really looking to get crosses in. Through balls and flicks. I love Pastore's game but he is not making good use of Cavani or Ibra thus far. Veratti is a beautiful player as always in midfield. Thiago Motta has been impressive so far.

Fast tempo to this. Lots of energy pressing. Both teams looked like scoring early but have cooled down a bit over last few minutes. Neither team figuring out how to beat other team's defense. Both team's defenses smarting up to what the other wants to do. Lot of possession in own half and an in midfield. Little possession in final third for either team. Neither team getting much penetration in final third.

Pastore wastes another possession. PSG had a runner through in counter attack and others looking to join. Pastore can't thread the pass through. Turns it over. Wasteful. Pastore not taking good care of the ball early. Given it away a bunch of times already. Only 27 minutes in. I think PSG need to take Pastore off. He is wrecking too many of their attacks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:12:53 PM by Who »

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Questionable Red Card given to Zlatan.

Wow. I thought him and Oscar went for the ball together, and there's not enough harm to warrant that Red Card.

PSG is in trouble.

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2015, 04:20:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Ah bummer.

Ibrahimovic gets a red card. A late tackle. Looked worse than it was. A 50-50 ball. Both players dive in. Zlatan a bit late. Fabregas gets their first. Zlatan tries to pull out. Still clips Oscar. Oscar makes a meal of it. Chelsea teammates surround referee and try to get Zlatan sent off and he does.

I don't know if ref should have given that red. It wasn't unreasonable but there wasn't malice there and it will ruin the game now. Pity.

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Ah bummer.

Ibrahimovic gets a red card. A late tackle. Looked worse than it was. A 50-50 ball. Both players dive in. Zlatan a bit late. Fabregas gets their first. Zlatan tries to pull out. Still clips Fabregas. Fabregas makes a meal of it. Chelsea teammates surround referee and try to get Zlatan sent off and he does.

I don't know if ref should have given that red. It wasn't unreasonable but there wasn't malice there and it will ruin the game now. Pity.

I don't think its a red card either.  Zlatan was late, but theres not really a ton of harm, nor intent to harm. I think Oscar milked that contact as well. That ref just changed the game.

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2015, 04:28:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
David Luiz and Diego Costa getting into it a couple of times now. I think that will favour Costa. He has better control of his temper than Luiz does. Costa likes to rile up opponents and get them to lose their cool. I think Costa will bait Luiz into a mistake(s).

Costa unlucky not to get a penalty there. Cavani clearly fouled him in the box.

Happy to see Veratti get a yellow card. Constantly fouling. Tugging at shirts. Every time I see him get close to someone he is needlessly pulling at the shirt, pushing, kicking. Not defending. Fouling all the time.

« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Questionable Red Card given to Zlatan.

Wow. I thought him and Oscar went for the ball together, and there's not enough harm to warrant that Red Card.

PSG is in trouble.
worst red card i've seen this year, and this is coming for a guy who hates Zlatan
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2015, 04:50:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I don't like PSG's bench.

I think they need to make a change. I don't think Pastore is well suited to a counter attacking game. He is better with a tempo slow making clever touches and flicks. I think they need someone who can cover more ground. Make quick transitions in counter attacks. Join Cavani in attack from midfield. Get in goal scoring areas.

I look at PSG's bench and I do not see anyone that gives them that. Lavezzi is the closest but I don't think he does well in a match like this where space is at a premium. He doesn't do well against packed midfields. Needs space to use his speed.

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I like Mourinho's halftime substitution. Moving Oscar out for Willian. Push Ramires deep alongside Matic to reinforce team's defense in front of backline. Let Fabregas play at tip of midfield. Give him two attacking players and Costa making runs. Try to hit PSG on the break as PSG push men forward to try and get the goal they need to go through.

Veratti should be sent off. Constantly fouling. Hacking. Shoving. Grabbing. It is ridiculous.

« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2015, 04:56:57 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I think they need to make a change. I don't think Pastore is well suited to a counter attacking game. He is better with a tempo slow making clever touches and flicks. I think they need someone who can cover more ground. Make quick transitions in counter attacks. Join Cavani in attack from midfield. Get in goal scoring areas.

I look at PSG's bench and I do not see anyone that gives them that. Lavezzi is the closest but I don't think he does well in a match like this where space is at a premium. He doesn't do well against packed midfields. Needs space to use his speed.

Haven't seen much at all from him, but what about Yohan Cabaye?

« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2015, 05:01:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Haven't seen much at all from him, but what about Yohan Cabaye?

Plays best in central area of the pitch as a passer organizing moves from deep. With Veratti and Motta, those duties are already well covered.

Not really a player for the attacking third. Slow. Limited dribbler. Sometimes played as an attacking midfielder for Newcastle but that is not really who he is. Better off as a central midfielder or holding midfielder.

« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I cannot believe Cavani wasted that. Rounded the keeper and then hit the side of the goal.

« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2015, 05:11:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
PSG needs to keep pressing. Cavani created an attacking position just by being aggressive. At this point, what do they have to lose?

« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2015, 05:14:12 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
You're right, Who.

Pastore has been playing poorly out there.