Author Topic: Blakely: Pistons' Monroe potential 2015 target for Celtics  (Read 16392 times)

Blakely: Pistons' Monroe potential 2015 target for Celtics
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/pistons-monroe-potential-2015-target-celtics

And remember, his agent is David Falk, who already has a trio of clients (Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger and Evan Turner) on the Celtics roster.

That in itself won't get a deal done, but there is a tremendous amount of respect between Falk and the Celtics ,which has a way of making negotiations go a lot smoother.

Re: Blakely: Pistons' Monroe potential 2015 target for Celtics
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:44:10 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Meh. A few years ago, I would be super excited over this. But after seeing him show little to no improvement over the last year or two, I don't know if he's a fit.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
As soon as Monroe got on the QO train, the Celtics became a very plausible destination for him via free-agency, no doubt about that.

I'm not a fan of him, but I wouldn't mind spending our cap space on him all told particularly if we don't have to give up anything of value to acquire him other than letting a few redundant players' contracts expire.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:48:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what is QO?

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
what is QO?

Qualifying offer. Essentially he's on a one-year contract.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Meh. A few years ago, I would be super excited over this. But after seeing him show little to no improvement over the last year or two, I don't know if he's a fit.

No exonerating Monroe here, but I think a good chunk of the blame can be laid at the feet of Joe Dumars and Mo Cheeks. That franchise has been directionless for about the last 2+ years.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 05:04:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Monroe, ko, sully , zeller . all high iq guys but not the most athletic nor players with tremendous length

Not sure. Wouldnt be surprised if it happens if we dont draft a key center.

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Any younger big man who's a FA next year is going to be on the C's list I imagine.

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

No exonerating Monroe here, but I think a good chunk of the blame can be laid at the feet of Joe Dumars and Mo Cheeks. That franchise has been directionless for about the last 2+ years.

Plus Josh Smith and Monroe were both set up to lose with how that team was set up.

I haven't been thrilled with him or anything but if he goes somewhere else and thrives I won't be shocked at all either.

I would trust Ainge to make the right judgement.  If he lives up to his potential he's a very good player.

Any younger big man who's a FA next year is going to be on the C's list I imagine.

This, ultimately.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 06:02:31 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Breaking News

Kevin Durant is a potential target for the Celtics in 2016

As always, Mr. Blakely is one step ahead of everyone else
Greg

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:15 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
idk guys we really need a guy that can protect the rim....Monroe is good but I don't think he's our guy at center.

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 07:07:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
idk guys we really need a guy that can protect the rim....Monroe is good but I don't think he's our guy at center.

We need talent and skill more than "a guy that can protect the rim".

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 07:09:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I disagree. Ko, sully and zeller bring skill on the offensive end. We need a think twice before driving in, inside force to balance things out

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I disagree. Ko, sully and zeller bring skill on the offensive end. We need a think twice before driving in, inside force to balance things out
Monroe is significantly more talented than Ko, Sully or Zeller. If the choice is go after Monroe (assuming he is interested) or wait until a rim protector has interest in us then I go after Monroe.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I think you're both right.

Eventually we're going to need to make a decision on whether we move forward with Olynyk or Sullinger at the 4, as their games in terms of strengths and weaknesses, are too similar. Monroe has the ability to play the 5 and serves a glaring need in having a player that can score in the post and draw a consistent double. So assuming we have Monroe and Olynyk, the best player to compliment these two is a shot blocking athlete that is mobile enough to cover 4's, yet has enough size to play the 5 when playing alongside Olynyk. So athletic bigs such as Ibaka, Sanders, etc. are players that immediately come to mind.