Author Topic: Chad Ford mock has Celtics 4th worst...So who do we draft in 2015 w/ top 5 pick?  (Read 17925 times)

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Knowing our luck we will finish 4th worst and pick 6th.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgzgm1DCEaQ

3 Starters of the USA Team are potential Top 5 pick.

Seems like 2 of top 5 will fill our big man need. I don't want us to bottom team but if ever we end up bottom 5, I'll be thrilled if either of Towns or Okafor land on us.

Draft next season seems to be deep at big man talent. I see no urge to tank because we can still get a rim protector in mid-late 1st rounder.

EDIT: Danny Ainge is already scouting for the next draft :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:31:56 PM by mr. dee »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I hope we can work a way to getting Kevin Durant.

Sadly, no team has the assets to get KD. He's untouchable, he basically is Oklahoma City.

Yup OKC would be stupid to trade KD.  He's their franchise player.  We'd have a better shot at landing Anthony Davis, and that shot is slim to none.

I guess I'd go for another big in this draft - Okafor or Towns.  Towns looks a little pudgy, he needs to sculpt a hard body for the NBA but the talent and fluidity are there.  Okafor looks more ready, has more of a move skillset offensively.  But most of these guys are kids and we are working off projections right now.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Mudiay is a guy I've got my eye on. I'm hoping he keeps growing. Currently 6'5, but he's 18 yo with a 6'10 father. Looks like a real two-way threat, though we don't exactly need another guard.

Okafor looks like he'll put up beastly numbers next year, but I fear that he won't translate too well. Bully ball is easy as a high schooler, and doable in college, but really tough in the NBA. He doesn't have the defensive upside I'd be looking for in a C. Al Jefferson is his ceiling, but he's probably not as skilled as Big Al.

Towns also lacks a bit of defensive upside, but his shooting ability give him more appeal compared with Okafor. If he develops a reliabe 3pt shot it's really valuable in today's NBA, and he even play as a mismatch PF.

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm hoping the little ping pong balls fall correctly and we can get Towns (if he comes out).
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I thought Dakari Johnson was underrated last season. When he played in stead of Cauley-Stein, Kentucky had much better interior presence on both ends. I think he could be dominant this college season.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Is it already time for speculation on next years draft and the millions upon millions of Draftexpress and Youtube vids of 18 year old kids playing basketball against vastly inferior competition making them appear better than they actually are?

Can't we wait even another month or so longer before the barrage of information hyping this next draft begins? I am still burnt out from all that stuff and the tanking talk from last year.

That said......I want Karl Towns

Hear hear, I second that emotion.

fitzhickey

Kelly Oubre, Mudiay and Cliff Alexander interest me, as does Inglis further down the board. Bit too early to be looking to the draft imo

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I want the Kentucky front court

Towns and Caulie stein.

We have 5 or 6 first rounders in the next two years. Plus cap space and Rondo and Geeen if we don't have a good year are good trade assets plus picks to move up in the draft.

Two top 10 picks we Net those two.

Go along with Smart and Bradley back court. Sign a scoring SF and we have our team of te future.

Smart
Bradley
Kelly ( big ball )
Towns/ Sully/
Stein

3 , 7 footers , two lock down defending guards.

Kelly would be great offensively at SF defensively would have two 7 footers behind him.

fitzhickey

Towns and Caulie stein.

We have 5 or 6 first rounders in the next two years. Plus cap space and Rondo and Geeen if we don't have a good year are good trade assets plus picks to move up in the draft.

Go along with Smart and Bradley back court. Sign a scoring SF and we have our team of te future.

Smart
Bradley
Kelly ( big ball )
Towns/ Sully/
Stein

Kelly would be great offensively at SF defensively would have two 7 footers behind him.
Kelly at SF is an idea I really do not like.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Towns and Caulie stein.

Smart
Bradley
Kelly ( big ball )
Towns/ Sully/
Stein

Kelly at SF is an idea I really do not like.
But I bet the majority of SFs in the NBA do.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Towns and Caulie stein.

Smart
Bradley
Kelly ( big ball )
Towns/ Sully/
Stein

Well you had me in agreement up until the KO at SF thing, that really is a killer. I like KO but he struggles laterally against PFs with average perimeter games and you want him at SF.

With that out of the way I like both towns and Stein, having not seen Towns in anything other then allstar games its tough to predict/project but he looks like a huge stretch 4/5 im not sure how his D will project but he will see time at the 4 in college so everyone will get an idea pretty quick. Cauley Stein should be a solid starting defense center in the NBA a less version of Tyson Chanlder.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Yeah I was just throwing it out there. Not a real thing I want. I want a real SF I'm saying if we had none. That is what we would be left with no pickups.

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I thought Dakari Johnson was underrated last season. When he played in stead of Cauley-Stein, Kentucky had much better interior presence on both ends. I think he could be dominant this college season.

I don't know about dominating the college game but I absolutely think he could be an entirely serviceable starting 5 in this league. I feel like he's the type of player that Atlanta has been promising Al Horford they'd find to stick next to him all these years.

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Just looked up that Cliff Alexander.  Wow.  I think Okafor and Towns are #1 & 2.  But Cliff ain't far behind.  Dude reminds me of Amar'e Stoudamire from his prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oEvSdm4IU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oEvSdm4IU