Author Topic: Jeff Green to Rockets trade idea  (Read 1435 times)

Jeff Green to Rockets trade idea
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To rockets: Green, Johnson, 2 2nd picks
To celtics: Trade exception(8.5m), capela

Re: Jeff Green to Rockets trade idea
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Would prefer to receive actual players rather than draft picks and exceptions

I wonder if the Clippers would do this:

Jeff Green and their 2015 1st rounder back
for Jamal Crawford and Jared Dudley.

Only issue here is the Celts would probably have to call off the Turner signing, otherwise what are you going to do with all these small forwards.

Jamal Crawford would be awesome though!

For the Clippers, if Green opts out of his deal next year, they get more cap space to resign Deandre Jordan and plus I believe they were looking to get out of Dudley's contract.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The contract of the player being acquired using a trade exception has to fit into the trade exception.  It can't be bigger than the TPE.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Only issue here is the Celts would probably have to call off the Turner signing, otherwise what are you going to do with all these small forwards.

For the Clippers, if Green opts out of his deal next year, they get more cap space to resign Deandre Jordan and plus I believe they were looking to get out of Dudley's contract.
the original trade suggested was awful.  this one is even worse.

why would Crawford be 'awesome'?  why?  he's an older vet who's a volume scorer off the bench when he's having an 'on' night.  we already have a bunch of guards and we're nowhere near being a playoff team this year.  Crawford belongs on a playoff team where he can serve his role--not wasting away on a team that's in the midst of a youth movement.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:43:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

the original trade suggested was awful.  this one is even worse.

why would Crawford be 'awesome'?  why?  he's an older vet who's a volume scorer off the bench when he's having an 'on' night.  we already have a bunch of guards and we're nowhere near being a playoff team this year.  Crawford belongs on a playoff team where he can serve his role--not wasting away on a team that's in the midst of a youth movement.

I guess if its not for someone like a klay thompson, every trade proposal for green is awful. How good do you think he is?