Other Discussions > Off Topic

Yard work/homeowner stuff thread

(1/24) > >>

Eja117:
I am currently trying to remove a medium sized pine stump in my free time. I think I'm on week 3 or 4. This is probably the single hardest physical thing I have ever done.  I have virtually no tools. Shovel, garden hose, and pick axe are pretty much doing it all.

Pine trees and shallow without many roots the internet said. Maybe only a few hours the internet said. 

arctic 3.0:
Should only take a few hours with the right technique.
Step 1: you will need a few more tools:
go buy a 4' pinch point point crowbar. Pinch point is important as it will not bend under pressure. Get at the depot for $20-30.
Gather a few larger rocks and a 4x4 or piece of fire wood. The rocks will be used in step 4, the 4x4 is a fulcrum for your new pry bar.
Step 2: expose horizontal spread roots so you can attack with your pick ax.
Step3: cut biggest roots all the way around.
Step 4: use fulcrum and pry bar to lift trunk enough to reveal other roots., jam a rock under to hold in place. Cut roots.
Step 5: repeat 4 until stump is free. Pop out with pry bar.
Good luck and have fun.

Eja117:
I'm almost done. I expect to soon pull it out with my hands

arctic 3.0:
With your bare hands! Argh! VICTORY!
Feels good don't it?

Eja117:
I've been looking for that Independence Day clip of Will Smith after he tricked the alien into crashing and he was like "Yeeeahhhh. That's right! That's right! Look at you all shaboom banged up. Wait till I get another plane and I'm gonna light up all your brothers right beside you!" and then I punch him in the face and knock him out and smoke a stogie and say "Welcome to Earth"

but I can't find the clip. I found a low quality one, but that's it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version