Author Topic: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.  (Read 40398 times)

Re: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 08:10:22 AM »

fitzhickey

Take this for what it's worth.

T-Spence @tspence26
Follow
Source: Sacramento Kings/Boston Celtics deal now at "80 percent" to be completed before season. Deal includes McLemore, Williams for Rondo

Who is this T-Spence guy?

I second this Q.  Who is T-spence and why should we believe he has ANY inside information?
Not a believable guy.

http://rubechat.kfan.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=279082 funny read

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
hahaha, this was funny...

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

I don't want a pick alone because Rondo with Cousins will significantly improve their team. The best we can get from them is late a lottery or 15-18th pick.

I don't think adding Rondo to that team guarantees it a playoff spot, especially in the West.  They had Thomas running in the point last year (who is no slouch himself), and they still fell hopelessly short of the playoffs in the west.  I wouldn't be shocked if Rondo led that squad to a 7 or 8 seed in the West, but I would definitely put money on it not happening.

Ya me too, I don;t think Rondo alone makes them a playoff team.

I agree.
The West is brutal and their team would be

Rondo
Stauskas
Gay
FA
Cousins

with a weak bench.
I doubt that team beats the Suns or New Orleans in a 7 game series.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This is like the Cs still to trade for Love after we drafted Smart (but no longer including him / the #6 in the deal). Who knows if Danny would have even taken Stauskas with the #8, but if that pick was included before, then why isn't it now?

TSpence sure is generating a lot of discussion - good for him if all he wanted was attention.

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd do a Rondo for Williams/Terry/Stauskas and the option to swap our LAC pick for Sacto's pick next year.  Or if they prefer, I'd do

Rondo/Green for Gay/Stauskas/pick swap mentioned earlier.  This would leave them with more expirings to deal for Josh Smith.
the pick swap is an interesting twist that hasn't been previously suggested (as far as I know).  still not enough for me to pull the trigger.  would need to add a provision that if we chose not to swap that year, we could carry that option for the next 2 years with any of the picks we have.  TBH, I can't see how we wouldn't exercise it since even after the trade Clips figure to be better than Sac after the sale has now become official.
would not want Gay --> point of swapping out Rondo and Green is to fully suck and Gay would interfere with that somewhat.   

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge job is too make us better, this trade makes us worse.  It makes zero sense. 

1) Ben can't shoot, I could see Ainge being intrigued by NS though but the rest of their roster is crap because certain guys they got are going nowhere like Cousins.

2)  With Rondo their pick will have marked less value, they would definitely make the playoffs.

I think a third team would have to be involed.

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2014, 11:33:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Ainge job is too make us better, this trade makes us worse.  It makes zero sense. 

1) Ben can't shoot, I could see Ainge being intrigued by NS though but the rest of their roster is crap because certain guys they got are going nowhere like Cousins.

2)  With Rondo their pick will have marked less value, they would definitely make the playoffs.

I think a third team would have to be involed.
Ainge's job is to bring titles to Boston not to make the team better.  Sometimes in order to bring a title you have to make the team worse.  That is what Ainge did when he first got here, that is what he did when he traded KG and PP, and that may very well be what he has to do now. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2014, 03:23:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
According to this tweet, both Celts and Sactown denying a deal is in the works.

Again, take that for what it's worth though I believe this tweet ALOT more than I believe this
T-Spence character.

Basketball Insiders@BBallInsiders

Sources close to the process in both Boston and Sacramento are adamantly denying that a Rajon Rondo deal is being discussed.

Twitter

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2014, 04:21:52 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I don't get why we would be giving up a pick. If we are trading Rondo we should be getting a pretty good haul.

TP! After all the waiting and all the deals that we could have done with Rondo then I certainly dont expect this to happen. This is what I would call "giving away a top 3 PG for nothing".

I expect that Rondo would have to have a say in his next destination in order for his true value becomes real (reads: him willing to extend at the new club).

It also depends on what Mr. Ainge is thinking in long-term. Is he thinking beyond next summer free agency or is he looking for a return for Rondo now?

I said before the draft that trading Rondo for a top 8 pick would have been brilliant and do-able.

I dislike this trade idea discussed above.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Jason Thompson, either McLemore or Stauskas, a first round pick for next year, unprotected and a future first.

I don't know if that selling low on Rondo, but I'd be fine with it if that's the package.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Stauskas, Williams, and an unprotected 1st. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2014, 04:39:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If DA were to deal Rondo, wonder if that means him going after Bledsoe.

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
According to this tweet, both Celts and Sactown denying a deal is in the works.

Again, take that for what it's worth though I believe this tweet ALOT more than I believe this
T-Spence character.

Basketball Insiders@BBallInsiders

Sources close to the process in both Boston and Sacramento are adamantly denying that a Rajon Rondo deal is being discussed.

Twitter

That's such a weird way of phrasing that, since "the process" is implied to mean "the process of trading Rondo to Sacramento."   Sources working out a deal to trade Rondo to Sacramento adamantly deny that a Rondo deal to Sacramento is being discussed?  What?

Does that mean that there is another trade between the two teams happening, or do they mean the general staff below the GM on both teams deny that any trade is happening whatsoever?

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2014, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Stauskas and filler (Ellington and Terry) and a 1st after this Ainge conversation with Rondo:

Ainge: "Look Rajon, we struck out on Love. We're gonna get the crap beat out of us by a bunch of teams this year. How about you try a year out in Cali and see if you like it...if you don't....you're a FA next year and you do like it here...."

Now we are taking a chance that Rondo may like it there or be wooed somewhere else OR, we could end up with Stauskas and a pick from Kings and our own higher first this year (because Rondo is on "vacation" in Cali) and Rondo back next year.

It's kinda like letting that chick go out and explore....and maybe she finds something better OR maybe she realizes that you are who she wants to be with.

Big gamble by Ainge, but also by Kings if Rondo doesn't give them a guarantee before the trade, which he technically can't..., but that's why they are getting him so cheep.

Also, it doesn't have to be the trade I proposed, but any trade with any team where Rondo doesn't give them a guarantee, so we would get lesser value, but maybe get Rondo back next year.

Anybody do this on either side?

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge's job is to bring titles to Boston not to make the team better.  Sometimes in order to bring a title you have to make the team worse.  That is what Ainge did when he first got here, that is what he did when he traded KG and PP, and that may very well be what he has to do now.

Pitino is the guy who dealt guys for pennies on the dollar.  Ainge got rid of those who played inefficiently like A. Walker.   This is not the same thing.

SAC doesn't have much to offer.

Jason Thompson, either McLemore or Stauskas, a first round pick for next year, unprotected and a future first.

This is one of the better proposals out there but I would demand Stauskas.  I would imagine will  have to ship out more than Rondo or we'll be cutting even more.