Author Topic: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.  (Read 40336 times)

Re: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 01:56:35 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Getting McLemore makes no sense considering Ainge locked up Bradley for another 4 years.

And I still can't figure out why.

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 02:13:31 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Getting McLemore makes no sense considering Ainge locked up Bradley for another 4 years.

Because Bradley has more All-Star potential than McLemore.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 02:17:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I am not saying McLemore is a better player than Bradley is.

What I am saying is this Sacramento trade stuff makes no sense because the key player you would getting back plays the same position that you have a surplus of in your current roster.

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 03:28:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What I am saying is this Sacramento trade stuff makes no sense because the key player you would getting back plays the same position that you have a surplus of in your current roster.

I agree, gpap  +1 , well said, not mention Ben can't shoot.

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I agree, gpap  +1 , well said, not mention Ben can't shoot.

I said earlier that I wouldn't even trade Rondo for Ben, Stauskas, and a first (and I will stand by that). But let's say that this was the deal and Ben and the first went to a third team for an up and coming center, who could we get in reurn? I see Biyombo as a potential, but I definitely think we should be able to do better than that. How could the deal be sweetened to bring in somebody like Noel (please don't lambast me or bringing him up - I realize he is an unrealistic target, but Philly really will need to choose. Also, they were chosen right next to each other in the same draft).

The trade looks a little better if we aren't getting two SGs. We need shooters and Stauskas should definitely fill that role.

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »

Offline cm43sports

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
In a three team deal with Sacramento and Philadelphia, Philly would probably ask for Stauskas and possibly Avery Bradley in exchange for Noel.
Celtics: Ben McLemore, Nerlens Noel, Sacramento 2017 and 2019 first
Kings: Rajon Rondo
76ers: Avery Bradley, Nik Stauskas, regain their 2015 first

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

From Sacto I'd want Mclemore and Quincy Acy+ the draft rights to their 2015 pick.

Just an FYI, Acy and Outlaw were already dealt to the Knicks for Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler

Thanks for that, I had no idea and just went off their roster for fillers.
I also Forgot about Vonleh on the Hornets- he'd be a nice prize for Rondo.

To other posters throwing arms about about trading Rondo for Mclemore...the idea (I think) is that this is a 'what if' Rondo says he is going to free agency or that he's told us he doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team- so we're basically negotiating with teams who will get one season of him at most. If you were a team trading for Rondo with one season left right now, would you give up much?
Maybe Houston does, to get their own big 3 for this season, but Sacramento probably doesn't give up the farm for a 12 month rental.
We probably don't get much for Rondo if he's planning to test free agency- which he's said he'd like to do.

I'd personally keep him, but if he's leaving then get something for him.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Take this for what it's worth.

T-Spence @tspence26
Follow
Source: Sacramento Kings/Boston Celtics deal now at "80 percent" to be completed before season. Deal includes McLemore, Williams for Rondo

Who is this T-Spence guy?

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 08:23:55 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd do a Rondo for Williams/Terry/Stauskas and the option to swap our LAC pick for Sacto's pick next year.  Or if they prefer, I'd do

Rondo/Green for Gay/Stauskas/pick swap mentioned earlier.  This would leave them with more expirings to deal for Josh Smith.

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Cousins but very unlikely and absurd.

I don't want a pick alone because Rondo with Cousins will significantly improve their team. The best we can get from them is late a lottery or 15-18th pick.

2 first, Stauskas and Mclemore. Nothing interests me besides them.

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Take this for what it's worth.

T-Spence @tspence26
Follow
Source: Sacramento Kings/Boston Celtics deal now at "80 percent" to be completed before season. Deal includes McLemore, Williams for Rondo

Who is this T-Spence guy?

I second this Q.  Who is T-spence and why should we believe he has ANY inside information?

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

I don't want a pick alone because Rondo with Cousins will significantly improve their team. The best we can get from them is late a lottery or 15-18th pick.

I don't think adding Rondo to that team guarantees it a playoff spot, especially in the West.  They had Thomas running in the point last year (who is no slouch himself), and they still fell hopelessly short of the playoffs in the west.  I wouldn't be shocked if Rondo led that squad to a 7 or 8 seed in the West, but I would definitely put money on it not happening.

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:25 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I don't think adding Rondo to that team guarantees it a playoff spot, especially in the West.  They had Thomas running in the point last year (who is no slouch himself), and they still fell hopelessly short of the playoffs in the west.  I wouldn't be shocked if Rondo led that squad to a 7 or 8 seed in the West, but I would definitely put money on it not happening.

Ya me too, I don;t think Rondo alone makes them a playoff team.

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 05:20:28 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I can see this trade helping if we hadn't signed Bradley. But we literally have every type of shooting guard there is. We have a veteran (bogans) , a 4th quarter scoring guy (marcus thornton), the playmaker (Evan Turner), The rook (James Young), the combo (Marcus Smart), and finally the starter(Bradley).
 I personally think that James Young will surprise people this year.

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 08:01:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I can see this trade helping if we hadn't signed Bradley. But we literally have every type of shooting guard there is. We have a veteran (bogans) , a 4th quarter scoring guy (marcus thornton), the playmaker (Evan Turner), The rook (James Young), the combo (Marcus Smart), and finally the starter(Bradley).
 I personally think that James Young will surprise people this year.

Exactly.

Although if Ainge makes such a trade, that could also mean that he plans on dealing Bradley at the deadline.

I wonder if the Clippers would be interested as they could add a defensive minded 2 guard next to CP3.

Plus, if I remember, Doc was a big Bradley guy.