Author Topic: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.  (Read 40395 times)

Re: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
DeMarcus Cousins, Stauskas, and a future 2nd rounder

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I don't support this idea that we need to trade Rondo before we get nothing for him. I believe other teams need to pay for him or they don't get him. If you want him pay for him. Or you don't get him.

K Love....Cleveland paid up. So they get him. 

Parsons.  Dallas paid up. So they get him and the Rockets get to be bad.

Gordon Hayward. Utah showed him the money. So they get him.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
We don;t need both Stauskus and Mclemore on our team. Id rather Stauskus at shooting guard and put young at sf. but we def want them to include their picks in it or whichever picks they still own that is theirs. In my opinion Rondo won't make the dif on that team to get them into the playoffs so those picks would be lottery in that case.

A good young team of:

Marcus Smart
ab/Nick Staskus
Jeff Green/Evan Turner/James Young
KO/Sully or vice versa
Zeller

Looking at this team I think we should look at a dif trade for Rondo or do a Jeff Green trade for Bismac Biyombo and MKG

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 03:43:09 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Would be hard to get equal value back just through Sacramento, but Rondo is expiring, still hasn't proved himself as a good healthy player and any team that trades for him is doing so without any guarantee he's re-signing there.... so I'm not quite sure what people expect.
He can literally be traded to the Kings, then sign with the Celtics again in 12 months time.

From Sacto I'd want Mclemore and Quincy Acy+ the draft rights to their 2015 pick.

A good way to get other pieces involved would be something like:

Boston gets: Mclemore, Terry, Quincy Acy, Travis Outlaw, Bismack Biyombo, Sacto 2015 first round pick right (if not conveyed to Chicago, if it is conveyed to Chicago, we get rights for 2015-16 pick).

Sacto gets:Rondo, Chris Johnson, Gary Neal,

Charlotte gets: Jeff Green, Bass, Celtics 2015 2nd round pick

or something along those lines.

Leaves us with:

Smart PG
Mclemore SG + Avery Bradley PG/SG
Turner SF + Young SF
Sullinger PF + Olynyk PF
Zeller C + Biyombo at C

+ a top 10 pick from the Kings and expiring contracts (we've just  swapped Green+Bass's expirings for expirings of worse players).
Our young guys get a year to develop without worrying about minutes for guys like Green and Bass who'll be gone anyway, and we can still go after Rondo in free agency when the season is over.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Smart PG
Turner SF + Young SF
Sullinger PF + Olynyk PF
Zeller C + Biyombo at C

Ben can't shoot no thanks.   .37% SG what gives?

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 10:11:39 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Smart PG
Turner SF + Young SF
Sullinger PF + Olynyk PF
Zeller C + Biyombo at C

In college he shot 42% from 3 point land and 50% + from 2 point land. That's over 37 games and almost 5 attempts a game. He shot 40% from 10-16 feet this season. He arguably hasn't had any stability yet.
You know what Avery Bradley shot in his third season ? (well his second season with any playing time)... 31.7%
In college Bradley shot 37%. He now shoots 39.5%.

All I'm saying is that Ben Mclemore has proven he can shoot. He's got one of the best shooting forms in the game and athleticism that rivals the NBA's best.
If Rondo must be traded and the Kings are the team we're doing it with, then I don't mind getting Mclemore back. Stauskas shot 44% from three point land in college, if he shoots 34% are we going to write him off?
Remember how you wrote Sullinger off before we drafted him? How did that turn out?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Smart PG
Turner SF + Young SF
Sullinger PF + Olynyk PF
Zeller C + Biyombo at C

In college he shot 42% from 3 point land and 50% + from 2 point land. That's over 37 games and almost 5 attempts a game. He shot 40% from 10-16 feet this season. He arguably hasn't had any stability yet.
You know what Avery Bradley shot in his third season ? (well his second season with any playing time)... 31.7%
In college Bradley shot 37%. He now shoots 39.5%.

All I'm saying is that Ben Mclemore has proven he can shoot. He's got one of the best shooting forms in the game and athleticism that rivals the NBA's best.
If Rondo must be traded and the Kings are the team we're doing it with, then I don't mind getting Mclemore back. Stauskas shot 44% from three point land in college, if he shoots 34% are we going to write him off?
Remember how you wrote Sullinger off before we drafted him? How did that turn out?
Yeah, but Bradley at his best and healthiest is in no way, shape, or form a good return for Rondo. Plus we already got Bradley for years.

McLemore will probably not ever be the defender Bradley is.

We need bigs and we should be getting likely all stars for Rondo, not prospects (who had rough rookie years)

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I want no part of Bismac from Charlotte...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23

From Sacto I'd want Mclemore and Quincy Acy+ the draft rights to their 2015 pick.

Just an FYI, Acy and Outlaw were already dealt to the Knicks for Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 10:47:28 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Whats all this talk about Mclemore. It's making me angry. He hasn't proven anything yet besides he has a low IQ/awareness and the 'bust' meter is tipping in the wrong direction. Sure he could be good, but how good could he really be after a start like this?

Stauskas is by far the better prospect. The Kings seem reluctant to give him up and are pitching Mclemore instead (for a very good reason). Are was saying here that Rondo is not worth a #8 draft pick? Based on Mclemore's rookie season, he can't possibly have a better chance of being an all star, then say James Young.

If we can't get Stauskas (at least him), then we are not getting good value for Rondo. We have plenty of picks coming up - why risk losing our all star (who might resign) for theoretically 9 1sts instead of 8 over the next 5 years.  This is seriously undervaluing Rondo... if its the best deal Danny can get now for him, it is 100% worth waiting until the trade deadline to reassess the teams direction.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Whats all this talk about Mclemore. It's making me angry. He hasn't proven anything yet besides he has a low IQ/awareness and the 'bust' meter is tipping in the wrong direction. Sure he could be good, but how good could he really be after a start like this?

Stauskas is by far the better prospect. The Kings seem reluctant to give him up and are pitching Mclemore instead (for a very good reason). Are was saying here that Rondo is not worth a #8 draft pick? Based on Mclemore's rookie season, he can't possibly have a better chance of being an all star, then say James Young.

If we can't get Stauskas (at least him), then we are not getting good value for Rondo. We have plenty of picks coming up - why risk losing our all star (who might resign) for theoretically 9 1sts instead of 8 over the next 5 years.  This is seriously undervaluing Rondo... if its the best deal Danny can get now for him, it is 100% worth waiting until the trade deadline to reassess the teams direction.
This is pretty much where I am on this

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Why?  He consistently rates out of one of the best post defenders in the game.

Smitty77

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope

Smitty77

He's just saying that he would never play against him... too good on D.  ;)
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Smitty77
Whatever he rates as it's not good enough to beat out Josh McRoberts or Cody Zeller, and then they drafted Vonleh

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 01:17:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77
Whatever he rates as it's not good enough to beat out Josh McRoberts or Cody Zeller, and then they drafted Vonleh

I have said for a LONG time that McRoberts is VERY underrated!!!  He is arguably the best passing PF in the game NOT named Lebron!!!  And the ONLY reason that the then Bobcats started Zeller when McRob was hurt was to try to justify them drafting him way too high at #4.  Biz is two to three times the defender that Cody will EVER be!!!!!

Smitty77