Author Topic: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.  (Read 40429 times)

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131

the rumor follows https://mobile.twitter.com/tspence26

We would need a three team trade to make the money work.
money works here http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=orq9ypq
Boston gives up Rondo & clippers pick

Boston gets terry,scola(non guaranteed contract),stauskus,sacramento 2015 pick,cavilers 2015

sacramento gives up  terry stauskus,sacramento 2015 pick,cavilers 2015,evans
sacramento gets rondo

Indiana gives up scola
Indiana gets evans and clippers pick

Boston does it because
 we get a young sg in stauskus we can cut scola and waive terry. so sacramento can pick him back up
we get Sacramento's pick which was a lottery pick last year mind you and a late first rounder in the cavs pick.

Sacramento does it because
they get rondo and they create a big three of cousins gay and rondo

Indiana does it because
 scula is 34  evans is 24 and puts up similar stats and the clippers pick sweetens the deal
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: If we were to trade Rondo to sacramento what would we want back.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I don't get why we would be giving up a pick. If we are trading Rondo we should be getting a pretty good haul.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:19:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Certainly not Ben McLemore.  I think we would want Staukas.  But I think their roster stinks as far as stuff we could get for Rondo.  So I think these rumors are wishful thinking.  tspence26  is not reliable, he got LeBron was going back to CLE but blew Gasol to the spurs.  I knew that LeBron was going back too as any would who paid attention as the signs were clear to see.

But it doesn't make sense for us, but tons for SAC town.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:01:24 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
This is a horrible idea....the JET has a bad contract anyway and is basically done in this league, Scola doesn't help with the logjam of talent at the 4, why would the Pacers swap Scola for Evans in the first place, and why would we give up a pick too? I'm high on Stauskas, but getting him, a low Cavs first rounder, (by the way Sacramento can't send their pick this year, it's owed to the Bulls) and a Sacramento first rounder and also giving up a pick is selling extremely low.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
To answer the threads question, I would want Rondo back.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 10:22:44 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Without a 3rd team I see no deal that even come close.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 11:27:30 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I have been intrigued by Bos/Sac/Det possibilities and  I think there is a trade that can be done.  Some of the premise of the trade is that I actually like McLemore, I don't think Rondo is going to resign in Boston, and I think Detroit wants to move on from Smith so they can sign Monroe and build around Drummond.  Sac of course ends up with a couple of good players to add to Cousins and Gay.  Boston ends up with too many young wings but we can sort that out later.

Boston
Sends:
Rondo/Babb/Bass
Gets:
Williams/Thompson/McLemore/Stauskas

Detroit
Sends:
Smith
Gets:
Bass/Terry/Pick from Sac

Sac
Sends:
Williams/Thompson/Terry/McLemore/Stauskas/Pick to Det
Gets:
Smith/Rondo/Babb

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n7p748w

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 12:58:57 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Don't see anything happening with Rondo and Sacramento before the season.

Didn't Sacramento sign Darren Collison to a 3 year deal??

Anyway, MAYBE at the trade deadline something gets worked out like
Rondo, Bradley, Bass and Wallace
for
Collison, McLemore, Stauskas, Landry and Thompson (not sure if it works money wise, just thinking at the top of my head.)

But 'til then, Rondo will be a Celtic and I prefer it that way.

I'd also prefer we picked up some decent players and added them with Rondo, like if we acquired Rudy from Sacramento rather than give them Rondo.

In fact, how about something like Green, Bass, Sullinger and Anthony for Rudy Gay and Carl Landry?

Enough with the rebuilding!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:14:01 PM by gpap »

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »

• Al Horford

In fact, how about something like Green, Bass, Sullinger and Anthony for Rudy Gay and Carl Landry?

That deal would set back this franchise years...why would you even think that is a good deal for half a second? Gay isn't much better than Green imo, Landry is an overpaid PF, and you'd give Green, a promising player in Sully, and a solid role player in Bass?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:58:59 PM by bostonsportsforlife »

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That deal would set back this franchise years...why would you even think that is a good deal for half a second? Gay isn't much better than Green imo, Landry is an overpaid PF, and you'd give Green, a promising player in Sully, and a solid role player in Bass? Are you on drugs?

Just a heads-up, a comment like, "Are you on drugs?" isn't appropriate around CB. I know you don't agree with his proposal and aren't necessarily trying to be harsh, but you will have to find other ways of letting him know that.

As for what I want from Sac - I would want Cousins. He is literally the only player they have that is worth Rondo. I realize we would have to throw in additional pieces, but even Ben, Stauskas, and a pick with them taking on Wallace isn't enough for me.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »

• Al Horford

That deal would set back this franchise years...why would you even think that is a good deal for half a second? Gay isn't much better than Green imo, Landry is an overpaid PF, and you'd give Green, a promising player in Sully, and a solid role player in Bass? Are you on drugs?

Just a heads-up, a comment like, "Are you on drugs?" isn't appropriate around CB. I know you don't agree with his proposal and aren't necessarily trying to be harsh, but you will have to find other ways of letting him know that.

As for what I want from Sac - I would want Cousins. He is literally the only player they have that is worth Rondo. I realize we would have to throw in additional pieces, but even Ben, Stauskas, and a pick with them taking on Wallace isn't enough for me.

Noted. Sorry bout that.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Stauskas, 2015 first and 2016 first For Rondo and Gerald Wallace, have them put in expiring contracts or a third team involved to make the numbers work.

Do this at the trade deadline, when Rondos stock is going to be huge.

Then for the rest of the season have a lineup of

Smart, Pressey
AB, , Thorton, bogans
Green, Stauskas.
Sully, Kelly
Zeller, Anthony

Trade down To the top 3 of the draft( we will have maybe 4 1st round picks) , Then go after big name free agents. Preferably Marc Gasol.

I mean I only do this trade if rondo isn't going to resign with us or Smart is looking really good.

I honestly see smart having a great rookie season and rondo would the be expendable.

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »

• Al Horford
Stauskas, 2015 first and 2016 first For Rondo and Gerald Wallace, have them put in expiring contracts or a third team involved to make the numbers work.

Do this at the trade deadline, when Rondos stock is going to be huge.

Then for the rest of the season have a lineup of

Smart, Pressey
AB, , Thorton, bogans
Green, Stauskas.
Sully, Kelly
Zeller, Anthony

Trade down To the top 3 of the draft( we will have maybe 4 1st round picks) , Then go after big name free agents. Preferably Marc Gasol.

I mean I only do this trade if rondo isn't going to resign with us or Smart is looking really good.

I honestly see smart having a great rookie season and rondo would the be expendable.

I'd love a deal with that as the basis, however you can't trade first rounders in consecutive years, and Sacramento can't trade a first rounder at all until their 2017 pick, so that can't come to fruition. :(

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Mclemore, Stauskas and they'd have to find a way to take Gerald Wallace off our hands. Either that or they'd have to facilitate us getting a good center like Monroe. No more picks needed, we have tons.

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Boston - Landry, Terry, Stauskus, McLemore
Sacramento - Rondo, Smith
Detroit - Wallace, Williams, Bogans
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip