Author Topic: (Weak) Rumor: Celtics engaging in talks with Sacramento involving Rondo/Mclemore  (Read 22999 times)

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Six pages of discussion on a rumor by a joke of a "source"?  Impressive. 

Wishful thinking but I would love to see all this Rondo/Celtics/Kings nonsense stop.  Outside of Boogie, there is nothing on that roster worthwhile giving Rondo up for.

Leta clarify a few things. Tspence or no tspence, sac being interested in Rondo is real.  They lost thomas and no way  collison is a legit replacement to start at the pg spot. And the only players the kings can really offer for Rondo is mclemore and or stauskus.

Rondo fans here can think the offer(or only possible assets to receive) is ridiculous. 

I wouldnt be surprised if sac also is after bledsoe on the side.  Again same kind of offer

I have no doubt that SAC is interested.  The question is, "Is Boston?"  These proposals have been bouncing around here for months and border on garbage.   My guess is that Ainge knows it too or Rondo would've been dealt by now.   

You don't even have to be that big of a Rondo fan to understand the deals are garbage.  A basic understanding of value in the NBA as well as knowledge of NBA players should suffice.

Yeah. If somebody traded Rondo for Thompson and McLemore in the CB Draft, that deal would be panned and vetoed.  I have a hard time understanding how even the staunchest Rondo critic could find that to be fair value.

It's not enough, but when do we start accepting what his worth is and stop ignoring the facts here?
I feel that a lot of Celtics fans are going to be very disappointed if Ainge does trade Rondo before his contract is up. The facts:

* he's got one season left on his deal
* our team is re building and Wyc and Danny have stated that they are likely taking the long road approach to re constructing this team.
* Rondo has been average to below average since his return.
* he's openly stated he wants to 'see what it's like to be an unrestricted free agent and go through the process'. He wants to see what plans and ideals that different NBA organisations have with him as a major piece.
* we have just hired a very young, inexperienced coach on a very long term deal.
* Rondo is a loyal player, but he's also a winner. He also understands and has reiterated Danny Ainge's consistent 'at the end of the day this is a business' hyperbole.

I don't think we'll trade Rondo, but there's got to be a significant interest for Rondo to explore his options to join a contender. It's easy to understand that he may rather go play for Houston with 2 other stars, competing in some epic playoff battles with Westbrook, Parker, Conley, Chris Paul and others. He may want to join Carmelo and attract other stars to New York when they get that cap room soon.

If Danny puts these scenarios together, or Rondo informs him that he's potentially leaving then we really can't expect much in return for him.
We are a long way from being a winning organization and although Rondo loves the Celtics dearly, he may also love winning and competing at the highest level even more.
 Even Paul Pierce asked for a trade from Danny before the big 3, and Danny traded away Rondo's championship team mates at the end of their careers- so why wouldn't he just 'keep it business' and put himself in a position to make more money, get more limelight, and most importantly win more games?

All I'm saying is that although some of these trade ideas sound peasantry, we may not have much choice at the end of the day. So be very cautious with your expectations because there's a very good chance he's not in Green in 2015-16

When you are offered a deal that is worse then letting Rondo walk and freeing up a lot of cap space, you don't have to spend much time analyzing it.