Author Topic: (Weak) Rumor: Celtics engaging in talks with Sacramento involving Rondo/Mclemore  (Read 22956 times)

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Tspence26 still putting up on his tweeter acct that rondo rumors are true (or have legs) while others are denying it or stating its fake.

The ones stating that its false know someone that has connection to kings/celts org. So they will admit that the rumor is true?
Tspence has been exposed as a fake MULTIPLE times now.

Another forum fed him a fake rumor by claiming to be employed with the timberwolves and he promptly announced all of their BS with zero work to confirm his source. He's just trying to promote his blogtalk radio show by any means necessary.

He wants attention, so whenever their is a high profile guy who might be traded he's going to have "sources"

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Tspence26 still putting up on his tweeter acct that rondo rumors are true (or have legs) while others are denying it or stating its fake.

The ones stating that its false know someone that has connection to kings/celts org. So they will admit that the rumor is true?
Tspence has been exposed as a fake MULTIPLE times now.

Another forum fed him a fake rumor by claiming to be employed with the timberwolves and he promptly announced all of their BS with zero work to confirm his source. He's just trying to promote his blogtalk radio show by any means necessary.

He wants attention, so whenever their is a high profile guy who might be traded he's going to have "sources"

What is the silliest fake trade we can try to feed to him?  I don't think Jan Vesely is in the league this year unfortunately, so I'm low on ideas.  What about Jason Kidd's coaching contract for 2 second rounders?  No, wait.....

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Tspence is a classic example of "throw enough mud at the wall and some of it will stick" that is all you need to know about the guy.   Right on, LeBron but wrong on a tons of other stuff.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
TSpence clearly has no credibility. However one of my favorite things to discuss on Celtics blog are fictional trades, so I appreciate the "rumors" he makes up because they lead to discussion during a dead period of the offseason.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tspence26 at it again. He states on his twitter that Sac is looking to get rid of Jason Thompson and not sure if he will be included in the package for Rondo.

If this trade was to happen and it included thompson, sac would have to eat wallace and bass contracts.  Thompson would be a decent backup center

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Tspence26 at it again. He states on his twitter that Sac is looking to get rid of Jason Thompson and not sure if he will be included in the package for Rondo.

If this trade was to happen and it included thompson, sac would have to eat wallace and bass contracts.  Thompson would be a decent backup center

like some other posters, I'll start paying closer attention if someone like Woj is starting to report it. Or someone who is a lot more credible

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Six pages of discussion on a rumor by a joke of a "source"?  Impressive. 

Wishful thinking but I would love to see all this Rondo/Celtics/Kings nonsense stop.  Outside of Boogie, there is nothing on that roster worthwhile giving Rondo up for.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Wishful thinking but I would love to see all this Rondo/Celtics/Kings nonsense stop.  Outside of Boogie, there is nothing on that roster worthwhile giving Rondo up for.

Leta clarify a few things. Tspence or no tspence, sac being interested in Rondo is real.  They lost thomas and no way  collison is a legit replacement to start at the pg spot. And the only players the kings can really offer for Rondo is mclemore and or stauskus.

Rondo fans here can think the offer(or only possible assets to receive) is ridiculous. 

I wouldnt be surprised if sac also is after bledsoe on the side.  Again same kind of offer

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Leta clarify a few things. Tspence or no tspence, sac being interested in Rondo is real.  They lost thomas and no way  collison is a legit replacement to start at the pg spot. And the only players the kings can really offer for Rondo is mclemore and or stauskus.

Rondo fans here can think the offer(or only possible assets to receive) is ridiculous. 

I wouldnt be surprised if sac also is after bledsoe on the side.  Again same kind of offer

I have no doubt that SAC is interested.  The question is, "Is Boston?"  These proposals have been bouncing around here for months and border on garbage.   My guess is that Ainge knows it too or Rondo would've been dealt by now.   

You don't even have to be that big of a Rondo fan to understand the deals are garbage.  A basic understanding of value in the NBA as well as knowledge of NBA players should suffice.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I have no doubt that SAC is interested.  The question is, "Is Boston?"  These proposals have been bouncing around here for months and border on garbage.   My guess is that Ainge knows it too or Rondo would've been dealt by now.   

You don't even have to be that big of a Rondo fan to understand the deals are garbage.  A basic understanding of value in the NBA as well as knowledge of NBA players should suffice.

Yeah. If somebody traded Rondo for Thompson and McLemore in the CB Draft, that deal would be panned and vetoed.  I have a hard time understanding how even the staunchest Rondo critic could find that to be fair value.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Yeah. If somebody traded Rondo for Thompson and McLemore in the CB Draft, that deal would be panned and vetoed.  I have a hard time understanding how even the staunchest Rondo critic could find that to be fair value.

Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I'm beginning to suspect that Triboy is Tspence.  ;)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

It's not enough, but when do we start accepting what his worth is and stop ignoring the facts here?
I feel that a lot of Celtics fans are going to be very disappointed if Ainge does trade Rondo before his contract is up. The facts:

* he's got one season left on his deal
* our team is re building and Wyc and Danny have stated that they are likely taking the long road approach to re constructing this team.
* Rondo has been average to below average since his return.
* he's openly stated he wants to 'see what it's like to be an unrestricted free agent and go through the process'. He wants to see what plans and ideals that different NBA organisations have with him as a major piece.
* we have just hired a very young, inexperienced coach on a very long term deal.
* Rondo is a loyal player, but he's also a winner. He also understands and has reiterated Danny Ainge's consistent 'at the end of the day this is a business' hyperbole.

I don't think we'll trade Rondo, but there's got to be a significant interest for Rondo to explore his options to join a contender. It's easy to understand that he may rather go play for Houston with 2 other stars, competing in some epic playoff battles with Westbrook, Parker, Conley, Chris Paul and others. He may want to join Carmelo and attract other stars to New York when they get that cap room soon.

If Danny puts these scenarios together, or Rondo informs him that he's potentially leaving then we really can't expect much in return for him.
We are a long way from being a winning organization and although Rondo loves the Celtics dearly, he may also love winning and competing at the highest level even more.
 Even Paul Pierce asked for a trade from Danny before the big 3, and Danny traded away Rondo's championship team mates at the end of their careers- so why wouldn't he just 'keep it business' and put himself in a position to make more money, get more limelight, and most importantly win more games?

All I'm saying is that although some of these trade ideas sound peasantry, we may not have much choice at the end of the day. So be very cautious with your expectations because there's a very good chance he's not in Green in 2015-16
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

It's not enough, but when do we start accepting what his worth is and stop ignoring the facts here?
I feel that a lot of Celtics fans are going to be very disappointed if Ainge does trade Rondo before his contract is up. The facts:

* he's got one season left on his deal
* our team is re building and Wyc and Danny have stated that they are likely taking the long road approach to re constructing this team.
* Rondo has been average to below average since his return.
* he's openly stated he wants to 'see what it's like to be an unrestricted free agent and go through the process'. He wants to see what plans and ideals that different NBA organisations have with him as a major piece.
* we have just hired a very young, inexperienced coach on a very long term deal.
* Rondo is a loyal player, but he's also a winner. He also understands and has reiterated Danny Ainge's consistent 'at the end of the day this is a business' hyperbole.

Wyc and Danny have stated that the long road is likely, but not their preference. Rondo said he was curious about seeing the FA process (same as PP did when he was an FA) but he's also stated many times that he wants to stay with the team. His play after his return from injury went about as well as could be expected given the circumstances and the same could be said for his recovery from injury. Aren't you just ignoring those facts? I'm willing to bet that you know perfectly well that Wyc and Danny would rather reload than take a  long rebuild, or that Rondo's  talked about wanting to stay on the team. yet I didn't see any mention of them...

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
here we all are talking about how weak this guy is and yet, this thread keeps on going like an energizer bunny.  maybe there is some legs to this, just others haven't heard.  I've been saying sacremento is waiting in the wings for rondo, maybe when the love deal is done, a lot more will happen, like green to charlotte too.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."