Author Topic: (Weak) Rumor: Celtics engaging in talks with Sacramento involving Rondo/Mclemore  (Read 22995 times)

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
He's now saying McLemore and Derrick Williams. Why would we want Derrick Williams? Another PF? I'd much rather have Stauskaus.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Funny story: What if we trade them Rondo and he's just as good there as he was here last year? And what if they trade for Josh Smith, and he's every bit as good as he was last year?

Because in a loaded Western Conference, Id kind of really want that Kings pick.

Why?  It would only be a top 10 protected pick at best.  Imo, the league should do away with protected picks.  You can't make a trade with a team and then have one of the best components of the deal get taken away from you because it didn't meet certain criteria.  No, no - both sides have to give up something.  I just think that it's dumb.  When was that ruled adopted?

Its not a rule. Its a negotiation point. Teams can protect their pick that they send in a trade to lower the value.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tspence26 still putting up on his tweeter acct that rondo rumors are true (or have legs) while others are denying it or stating its fake.

The ones stating that its false know someone that has connection to kings/celts org. So they will admit that the rumor is true?

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Tspence26 still putting up on his tweeter acct that rondo rumors are true (or have legs) while others are denying it or stating its fake.

The ones stating that its false know someone that has connection to kings/celts org. So they will admit that the rumor is true?

If it is true, I wonder if Ainge would then try to get Bledsoe to replace Rondo.

I know people naturally think Smart would be the replacement, but he's only a rookie.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
poor source and Danny isn't that stupid. Kings have nobody remotely close to being interesting for the Celtics to bite, besides Cousins which they will NEVER trade away since he is their franchise player.

Saw this on Celticslife.com few days ago and again, if I am Danny, I will try to rob the Kings. Throw in 2 unprotected first round picks, + players to make it work. Otherwise, p--- off! We are in no hurry to trade Rondo. Heck, keeping Rondo makes more sense

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
How about Rondo, Thornton (can be traded September 10th or after), and Babb for Williams, Landry, and McLemore and one or two first rounders??

Smitty77

P.S.  I am ONLY saying this IF we really are sending RR to Sactown.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
poor source and Danny isn't that stupid. Kings have nobody remotely close to being interesting for the Celtics to bite, besides Cousins which they will NEVER trade away since he is their franchise player.

Saw this on Celticslife.com few days ago and again, if I am Danny, I will try to rob the Kings. Throw in 2 unprotected first round picks, + players to make it work. Otherwise, p--- off! We are in no hurry to trade Rondo. Heck, keeping Rondo makes more sense

I agree. I don't want to see this happen for two reasons.

1.)If such a thing were to happen, Sacramento wins the trade in a HUGE way and I don't want to see our team get worse (unless DA can then turn around and land CP3, Westbrook or DWilliams.)

2.)If this happens, it means that DA is not only throwing in the towel on the upcoming season but a possible sign and that he's throwing in the towel on the next couple years.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
How about Rondo, Thornton (can be traded September 10th or after), and Babb for Williams, Landry, and McLemore and one or two first rounders??

They win that trade.  Are you a Kings fan?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Smitty77

P.S.  I am ONLY saying this IF we really are sending RR to Sactown.

Cant see the kings wanting thornton back. Rondo and bass or wallace

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

They win that trade.  Are you a Kings fan?

3 mediocre role players, backups at best on contenders who probably be harder to trade in the future for an all-star. No thank you...throw in 2 unprotected first round draft picks, then we'll talk

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

of course others are denying it.  you don't want players to be ticked off your trying to deal them, in case the deal falls through, i.e., nomar was when the a-rod deal fell apart.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

There is literally no one in this entire mix who has any incentive to tell truth.

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Make them take Wallace back.

Smitty77

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Tspence is an idiot fan with zero connections who keeps posting nonsense baseless rumors.  He's been proven to be a fraud multiple times in the last two months and yet people continue to create threads about his garbage rumors.  He's a twitter troll. Nothing more than that.

Lock the thread.  Like I said last month, I got whispering farts with more credibility than this clown.
I gotta give t-spence credit. It's amazing that clown has been able to get so much traction despite the fact he is a complete fraud.  At one point he whined to dozens of  sports writers via twitter that he should have gotten credit for "breaking" Lebron to the cavs.  Obviously it was just an educated guess and I'm pretty sure he had posted a couple conflicting rumors that said Lebron was staying in Miami or signing elsewhere... But I saw at least one "legit" media type actually tweet back to tspence giving him props.   Gotta hand it to the dude for his persistence.  People continue to follow him. People continue to post his articles. People continue to create threads about his bogus tweets.  Fascinating.

It's why i stopped going to realgm consistently.  Their forum is filled with fake "insiders" who post bs rumors claiming to have information... It's obvious they are just fans trolling other fans... And yet the ignorant people eat it up. There are still a couple guys on there that people swear have sources.  They don't...  They are just idiots making up stuff. And yet the numbnuts who frequent realgm continue to beg them for their juicy "rumors".  At some point you realize that the legitimacy of the rumors is irrelevant. They can be 100% pulled out of a fan's butt. Doesn't matter...  Some folks love it regardless.  I think that mentality explains why people continue to read the national enquirer and weekly world news.  Who cares if the stories are fake, right?  Fun to imagine the celtics trading bat boy for Sasquatch.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
To a degree, anything you read about sports is fake, or at least extrapolated grandstanding from the writer about the athletic situation at hand. That's part of the reason so much public record discourse from the athletes is meaningless drivel, "will to win," "wanted it more" "gotta go out and be a warrior," "triumph over adversity" type stuff, and that's also what makes people like Arian Foster and Rasheed Wallace so refreshing.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.