Author Topic: (Weak) Rumor: Celtics engaging in talks with Sacramento involving Rondo/Mclemore  (Read 23031 times)

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
https://mobile.twitter.com/tspence26
Thought I'd share some notes from his tweets

-Obviously, we have to consider the source, but the dude has decent sources in California because that's were he is from
    -Deal would center around Rondo for Mclemore/fillers/picks
    -Stauskas is probably not involved(sadly)
    -Rondo likely not a Celtic by the start of the season
    -Ainge waiting to see if Houston or someone else can give a better offer
That's funny because I don't have decent sources in DC, but that's where I am from though
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Can we stop with topics created by rumors from this tspence dude?

In the meantime, this might be more entertaining reading:
http://rubechat.kfan.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=279082

Wow, just goes to show that anyone can be a source and the guys that try to take shortcuts will use these "sources". Good read..funny.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I was here first.

And I made $3000 dollars last week just by sitting at home using my computer, and you can, too!  Visit insert random scam website here.  Where are you going with this lol? ;D

I've been Lucky since before GetLucky, or "Get Lucky," or (without researching) even Lucky the mascot. It's entirely possible I've been Lucky before some people on this site were born.

I was here first.

Okay, jeesh, I was just having some fun.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Wow, just goes to show that anyone can be a source and the guys that try to take shortcuts will use these "sources". Good read..funny.
wow that was funny.

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 one problem with this mclemore had an awful rookie year.

PPG   APG   RPG   PER
8.8   1.0   2.9   7.77
 while playing 26 minutes

So we really would want nik staukus
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Rondo doesn't get traded for multiple players unless there are further contracts to go with him and it doesn't happen unless we get back an above average player, which McLemore isn't
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Rondo is not going anywhere.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If this report has any credibility, I am completely bewildered about the fascination with Mclemore.

I think this sounds more like Sacramento is trying to get Boston interested in McLemore because he is their only real asset rather than Ainge coveting McLemore.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

This was the highlight of my morning. Thread has a great story arc.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

This was the highlight of my morning. Thread has a great story arc.
Yeah that was pretty great.  What a typical Laker fan.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
This rumor is madness. McLemore is worth...a mid first round pick. That's it. He was the #7 pick in one of the worst drafts ever, and hasn't exactly been good thus far. Yes, he has "talent", but so does [dang] near any lottery pick. Moisio had talent. Kedrick Brown had talent. If we trade Rondo for him as the centerpiece, Danny would need to check himself into therapy. He should be...the 2nd or 3rd most important piece in a trade for Rondo. My guess is #9 is here for the long haul, and that makes me happy.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This rumor is madness. McLemore is worth...a mid first round pick. That's it. He was the #7 pick in one of the worst drafts ever, and hasn't exactly been good thus far. Yes, he has "talent", but so does [dang] near any lottery pick.

I think you rate him too highly he shot in the 37% from the field and 32% from 3P land.   What good is a SG that can't shoot.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Just remember that Rondo has said he wants to 'experience free agency', and that it's very possible that we'll lose him for nothing. If there are only two teams offering up pieces for Rondo, then we're looking at either Terrence Jones+Clint Capella from Houston, or Mclemore+their 2015 first rounder-they traded this pick to Chicago but it's top 10 protected, so they can pick a player for us if they finish as one of the bottom 10 teams in 2014-15. If they finish better than 10th, they must send this pick to Chicago. We can then have their 2015-16 pick if Chicago ends up getting their 14-15 pick. Considering they just lost Thomas, and still have Rudy Gay and Cousins, it's doubtful they finish above the bottom 10 teams, particularly in the brutal Western conference.

I think people aren't giving Mclemore enough rookie leeway though.
He had a rough rookie year but he's shown incredible tools and athleticism as a first year player.
His 3 point shooting was poor overall, but it improved towards the end of the season, and he's got arguably the prettiest stroke in the game next to Durant, Beal and Ray Allen.

* He's one year removed from college.
* At Kansas in 2013 he played 32 minutes a game, over 37 games.
He averaged 4.7 three point attempts and shot at 42% overall. That's incredible shooting over a reasonable sample size. He also shot 87% from the FT line at Kansas and 49% from the field overall.
*in his first NBA season, he took 4.7 three point attempts per game and shot 32%. Do we really think he dropped off that far in one season? Even his free throw shooting dropped from 87% to 80%.
*He's got NBA size at 6'5" tall and a wingspan of just under 6'8" which isn't enormous, but isn't terrible either. (Ray Allen's wingspan is considered to be around 6'8").
*His shot release is incredibly fast and efficient and his athleticism and spring enable him to jump up and over defenders.
*The 2012-13 Kings were a nightmare situation for a scoring wing like Mclemore. They added Rudy Gay, Isiah Thomas to the starting line up, which took away the majority of Mclemore's good looks. When Malone became the new coach, they went to a defense first team, and Mclemore obviously struggled with the pressure of learning the team defense whilst trying to get some decent numbers for what he was drafted for...scoring.
*it took a good 6 months as a rookie, but over the last 2 months of the season, he averaged 12.4 points a game.
*his most improved aspects from college? His passing skills, and his dramatic improvement in ball handling, particularly on dribble penetration.

With Thornton and Isiah Thomas gone, he'll probably become the third scoring option behind Cousins and Gay which will help his confidence- depending on how quickly Stauskas adjusts to the NBA.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Mclemore needs to work on: Everything
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2014, 03:11:03 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Here's a SB Nation look at BM that's not as favorable as from those dying to be rid of Rondo:

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/5/21/5738774/2013-14-season-in-review-ben-mclemore

"His shooting, excellent at Kansas, dipped dramatically in the NBA.  He looked relatively lost on the court even in summer league, showcasing an inability to dribble, create his own shot or defend."

Subsequent to this article, the Kings drafted his replacement in Staukas in a surprise. McLemore then had an average performance in the VSL which for a 2nd year player is not very good. If the trade was done today, we're looking a a 2018 first as an additional asset, if the Kings were silly enough to throw that into the deal, as well as crap fillers.

I've been assured more than once that McLemore is very young. I don't care. My assessment is that at best he'll be a rotation player and that it's more likely that he'll be a bust based on his performance and problems to date in the NBA. Might ask why he's been available since the last trade deadline and why the Kings picked another SG after only one year when they had a glaring hole at the PG position.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:17:12 AM by colincb »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Source: Sacramento Kings/Boston Celtics deal now at "80 percent" to be completed before season. Deal includes McLemore, Williams for Rondo

@lexnowling @BigGulpsEhh but source tonight informed me something different being involved in the trade.

Tspense keeps tweeting on this,   I like how he says 80% percent before the season lol
I mean it could happen, but not trusting him on it