Author Topic: (Weak) Rumor: Celtics engaging in talks with Sacramento involving Rondo/Mclemore  (Read 22975 times)

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I was here first.

As for the rumor, I imagine we'll see the Smith rumor ramp up again soon. Oh, wait:

http://fansided.com/2014/08/11/josh-smith-rumors-sacramento-kings-still-interested-detroit-pistons-forward/
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
I'm sure the Kings are still talking, but I don't see how they have the pieces to get Rondo. McLemore is a prospect, but hardly a great one (he's low 1st/high 2nd tier in one of the worst draft classes in recent memory). The Kings obviously aren't trading us Cousins. And if they get Rondo, any picks are probably not lottery or not high lottery picks. So...yeah, I don't see how we trade an all-star PG who has been the best player on court w/ KG, Pierce, Ray Allen, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Rose, Kobe, etc. for anything the Kings can offer.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What is it about Ben Mclemore that is so intriguing?  Really, I'm completely stumped, so could someone please explain to me the almost-incessant fascination with this guy.

I'm pretty sure that the intrigue is just because Mclemore is different from what we have now (exacerbated by the fact that he is different from Rondo, one of the most mercurial figures around).

It's the same reason that people are always saying, "Let's dump Sully and sign Postapunkalucius from the ABC League in Great Britain." It's just the intrigue of different.

Who?  I haven't seen his name mentioned before, but then again I also can never find anything right under my own nose ;D

It's pronounced 'Post-Uh-Punk-Uh-Lucius". It's made up; I made it somewhat ridiculous to prove how absurd wanting unproven Euros/NBA Players (like Mclemore) is. ;D
(Harry Potter reference to Lucius Malfoy btw for any of you Potterheads out there.)

Edit- I typed this as you typed your edit, making this response more or less irrelevant.

Meh, it's fine lol.  See, I didn't catch the Malfoy reference either lol, and I'm a 'Potterhead.'  Man, I am really slow tonight ;D  I'm giving you a TP anyway, haha.

Btw - Daft Punk, is that you (sarcasm)?  I'm just going by you're name ;D  All I can picture in my head right now is the Russian Military Choir's (a part of the Red Army that I never knew existed ;D ) 'cover' of that song, along with their rendition of Tom Jones' Sex Bomb ;D ::)  Oh man.

Thanks for the TP! Hahaha I wish I was Daft Punk. (Or do I? You never know what their personal life is like  ::)) When I first signed up for my CB account, my first few choices for a username were taken, and I was honestly surprised that "GetLucky" was still available. All my friends know that I'm a sucker for things with fun symbolism, and I could find nothing better than to reference a song, a cliche, and the Celtics' mascot.

Well there you go ;D  I'm just surprised such a username was allowed in the first place, haha.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I was here first.

And I made $3000 dollars last week just by sitting at home using my computer, and you can, too!  Visit insert random scam website here.  Where are you going with this lol? ;D

Sorry, it just sounded like the one of the first comments in a classic stream of ones on youtube, which inevitably end with, "**** Obama."  On any and every video ::)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:48:37 PM by Beat LA »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Who is this guy? Sounds like nonsense.

- Twitter's official slogan since 2006 ;)

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
https://mobile.twitter.com/tspence26
Thought I'd share some notes from his tweets

-Obviously, we have to consider the source, but the dude has decent sources in California because that's were he is from
    -Deal would center around Rondo for Mclemore/fillers/picks
    -Stauskas is probably not involved(sadly)
    -Rondo likely not a Celtic by the start of the season
    -Ainge waiting to see if Houston or someone else can give a better offer
If this report has any credibility, I am completely bewildered about the fascination with Mclemore. Further, if they have Rondo, Cousins, Gay and Stauskas they can certainly contend for a playoff spot so we wouldn't get a great draft choice. Doesn't it make sense to wait and try and make a trade for a promising young Big.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://mobile.twitter.com/tspence26
Thought I'd share some notes from his tweets

-Obviously, we have to consider the source, but the dude has decent sources in California because that's were he is from
    -Deal would center around Rondo for Mclemore/fillers/picks
    -Stauskas is probably not involved(sadly)
    -Rondo likely not a Celtic by the start of the season
    -Ainge waiting to see if Houston or someone else can give a better offer
If this report has any credibility, I am completely bewildered about the fascination with Mclemore. Further, if they have Rondo, Cousins, Gay and Stauskas they can certainly contend for a playoff spot so we wouldn't get a great draft choice. Doesn't it make sense to wait and try and make a trade for a promising young Big.

Right but if nobody is willing to give up a promosing big then what?

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Funny story: What if we trade them Rondo and he's just as good there as he was here last year? And what if they trade for Josh Smith, and he's every bit as good as he was last year?

Because in a loaded Western Conference, Id kind of really want that Kings pick.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Funny story: What if we trade them Rondo and he's just as good there as he was here last year? And what if they trade for Josh Smith, and he's every bit as good as he was last year?

That's funny, but I'm not sure it qualifies as a story.

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
We would have to get some a boatload of picks and/or lose Wallace's contract if Sacto isn't including Stauskas.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Why?  It would only be a top 10 protected pick at best.  Imo, the league should do away with protected picks.  You can't make a trade with a team and then have one of the best components of the deal get taken away from you because it didn't meet certain criteria.  No, no - both sides have to give up something.  I just think that it's dumb.  When was that ruled adopted?

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I was here first.

And I made $3000 dollars last week just by sitting at home using my computer, and you can, too!  Visit insert random scam website here.  Where are you going with this lol? ;D

I've been Lucky since before GetLucky, or "Get Lucky," or (without researching) even Lucky the mascot. It's entirely possible I've been Lucky before some people on this site were born.

I was here first.

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
A third team would need to be involved to facilitate moving players to reduce roster. Maybe Indy or Det. I had similar proposal with Ind, Didn't get much play.If we trade rondo I would also like to acquire a big.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:57:03 PM by testy »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Problem is, Kings owe Chicago a 2015 1st rounder. So, it'll be a while before they can trade another 1st.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Can we stop with topics created by rumors from this tspence dude?

In the meantime, this might be more entertaining reading:
http://rubechat.kfan.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=279082