Author Topic: (Weak) Rumor: Celtics engaging in talks with Sacramento involving Rondo/Mclemore  (Read 22974 times)

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
https://mobile.twitter.com/tspence26
Thought I'd share some notes from his tweets

-Obviously, we have to consider the source, but the dude has decent sources in California because that's were he is from
    -Deal would center around Rondo for Mclemore/fillers/picks
    -Stauskas is probably not involved(sadly)
    -Rondo likely not a Celtic by the start of the season
    -Ainge waiting to see if Houston or someone else can give a better offer
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:59:20 AM by Roy H. »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Who is this guy? Sounds like nonsense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Definitely BS. A more reliable source would have picked this up by now. This guy seems to have very little to no cred.

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Trading Rondo is inevitable. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Stauskas needs to ATLEAST be involved. Even then, I don't know. I would ask for Stauskas, Mac, few picks....
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
I can't 100% trust this guy as a source but he has broke some stories in the past, has over 1k followers on twitter, and has his own radio show in San Francisco

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Poor source aside, a guard/wing rotation of Smart, McLemore, Bradley, Thorton, Young, Turner, Green, Wallace is still probably a bit too crowded.

Who of that group stay as part of the future lineup? Could a future of a Smart/McLemore back court with Bradley as first guard off the bench bring a team deep into the playoffs?

I do really dig the idea of Rondo on The Kings. They have too many scorers and need someone to dictate who get's looks, in what spots and when. IMO Rondo has proven to be the most successful at that style of game management in recent memory.

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
I have 107 twitter followers and I can confirm this trade is in the works if you become my 108th follower.
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Would be sweet if he left for the rest of this season and then came back to us as a free agent.
Are there any laws against that happening?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
Would be sweet if he left for the rest of this season and then came back to us as a free agent.
Are there any laws against that happening?

Nope

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
must be a slow news day.....

When all else fails, your sources are telling you The Celtics and Kings are still talking about Rondo
Greg

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I wouldn't want to take a chance on McLemore at the expense of Rondo, but Stauskas, contract filler, and a first and I'm sold.  I think Stauskas and Smart's skills would compliment each other beautifully.

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Thats the same person who tweeted the love deal was done and was going to be announced the next day,  but the traded didnt happen in i think weeks after he said it would

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I wouldn't want to take a chance on McLemore at the expense of Rondo, but Stauskas, contract filler, and a first and I'm sold.  I think Stauskas and Smart's skills would compliment each other beautifully.

Only problem then is that we'd have a total logjam at guard.

PG: Smart/Pressey

SG: Bradley/McLemore/Stauskas/Thornton/Johnson/Babb

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

While that is a tad light of a return for Rondo I do agree that Stauskas's shooting makes him the kind of player we should play next to Smart.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.