Author Topic: Just for Fun: Celts jumping in on the Love/Cavs deal  (Read 2335 times)

Just for Fun: Celts jumping in on the Love/Cavs deal
« on: August 15, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Celts get:
Thaddeus Young (can also play the 3)
Tristan Thompson
Brendan Haywood
Future Sixers draft pick
(Celts get alot more athletic)

TWolves get:
Andrew Wiggins
Anthony Bennet
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger

Cavs get:
Kevin Love
Kevin Martin
Future Pick from Celtics

Philly gets:
Brandon Bass
Dion Waiters
Vitor Faverani

Celts roll with
Rondo/Smart
Bradley/Thornton/James Young
Thaddeus Young/Turner/Wallace
Tristan Thompson/Kelly Olynyk
Tyler Zeller/Brendan Haywood/Joel Anthony
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:20:06 PM by gpap »

Re: Just for Fun: Celts jumping in on the Love/Cavs deal
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
really bad deal for Boston.  Thad is a nice player but he isn't the answer to the Celtics rebuild.  I prefer Sully over TThompson.  Hayward is at the tail end of his career and isn't offering you anything. 
Overall just a p--- poor deal for Boston. 

Patience is a virtue.  Ainge will wait around for the right deal and pounce when it's within sight. 

Moves like this are like walking on a treadmill.....you aren't getting anywhere

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:28:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
really bad deal for Boston.  Thad is a nice player but he isn't the answer to the Celtics rebuild.  I prefer Sully over TThompson.  Hayward is at the tail end of his career and isn't offering you anything. 

Patience is a virtue.  Ainge will wait around for the right deal and pounce when it's within sight. 

Really?

I think Ainge would agree to this in a heartbeat.

First off, this doesn't really hurt the Celts flexibility in anyway. Both Young and Thompson are expiring contracts. Haywood has 2 years left, but then again, so doesn't Jeff Green (if he picked up the '15/16 player option.)

Plus, this trade would make the Celts so much more athletic and could even catapult them into the playoffs.

I think guys like Sully and Bass are really slowing down the pace of the team and Jeff Green just needs a change of scenery.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 02:15:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
horrible deal for Boston.  just horrible.

Giving up Green, Bass, Sully, Fav AND a #1
for
Thad, Thompson, Haywood, Sixers pick

to accomplish what-->more athletism?  what's the point of bringing in inferior talent overall just so you think they'll run more than they already do?  SMH 

I like Thad.  nice role player.  Green's overall a better player because he's a solid defender and is the better scorer.

Sully --> Thompson.  not an expert on Thompson but Sully is our best rebounder, excellent hands and finisher around the basket, developing his shot and a very good passer with a solid BBIQ.  Thompson isn't on his level as a scorer but a solid rebounder.

Bass--> Haywood.  better all-round player regardless of the hate he gets here. 

Fav/C's #1 --> Philly #1.  Philly isn't giving up a #1 any time soon because their goal is to make lottery picks for another couple of years at least.  C's wouldn't get that pick for several years out and would most likely be out of the lottery.  By making this crappy deal, C's will ensure they're in the lottery for at least a few more years and thus give Philly a better pick than they deal away.

athletic player does not equate to better player.  SKILLED and SMART players are the ones we need to acquire whether they're athletic or not.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 02:21:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Really?

First off, this doesn't really hurt the Celts flexibility in anyway. Both Young and Thompson are expiring contracts. Haywood has 2 years left, but then again, so doesn't Jeff Green (if he picked up the '15/16 player option.)

Plus, this trade would make the Celts so much more athletic and could even catapult them into the playoffs.

I think guys like Sully and Bass are really slowing down the pace of the team and Jeff Green just needs a change of scenery.
pretty sure you'd be in a very, very small minority.

your reasoning of pulling this based on contracts (addressed the athleticism idea in the post above) is silly.  Bass is already expiring.  Green is very likely to opt out to collect a Parsons/Hayward level of contract after this year.  You just swapped out 3 expirings and a cost-controlled young player for 2 guys you plan to cut loose anyway and a guy on a guaranteed deal for 2 years.  makes no sense. 

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
horrible deal for Boston.  just horrible.

Giving up Green, Bass, Sully, Fav AND a #1
for
Thad, Thompson, Haywood, Sixers pick

to accomplish what-->more athletism?  what's the point of bringing in inferior talent overall just so you think they'll run more than they already do?  SMH 

I like Thad.  nice role player.  Green's overall a better player because he's a solid defender and is the better scorer.

Sully --> Thompson.  not an expert on Thompson but Sully is our best rebounder, excellent hands and finisher around the basket, developing his shot and a very good passer with a solid BBIQ.  Thompson isn't on his level as a scorer but a solid rebounder.

Bass--> Haywood.  better all-round player regardless of the hate he gets here. 

Fav/C's #1 --> Philly #1.  Philly isn't giving up a #1 any time soon because their goal is to make lottery picks for another couple of years at least.  C's wouldn't get that pick for several years out and would most likely be out of the lottery.  By making this crappy deal, C's will ensure they're in the lottery for at least a few more years and thus give Philly a better pick than they deal away.

athletic player does not equate to better player.  SKILLED and SMART players are the ones we need to acquire whether they're athletic or not.

I think you're really, really, really overrating Sullinger, Green and Bass.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 03:48:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Really?

pretty sure you'd be in a very, very small minority.

your reasoning of pulling this based on contracts (addressed the athleticism idea in the post above) is silly.  Bass is already expiring.  Green is very likely to opt out to collect a Parsons/Hayward level of contract after this yearYou just swapped out 3 expirings and a cost-controlled young player for 2 guys you plan to cut loose anyway and a guy on a guaranteed deal for 2 years.  makes no sense.

No actually, it makes perfect sense.

The team we have now sucked last year and this trade gives the team the POTENTIAL (NOTHING is guaranteed) to be better.

I don't understand your fascination with wanting to keep Green, Bass and Sullinger and how keeping these guys is good for the Celts, both short term and long term.

And Jeff Green receiving a Parsons/Hayward type contract???!!!

Really???

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I don;t like the trade. I think Jeff Green is gonna have a much better year and what we really need is a rim protector and this trade does not do it.

I like getting rid of Bass though