0 (0%)
Rudy Gobert/Enes Kanter
5 (33.3%)
Alen Omic (Free Agent)
0 (0%)
Artem Klimenko (Free Agent)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: We should trade or signed for a young center (tank mode)  (Read 5340 times)

Re: We should trade or signed for a young center (develop talents)
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 12:00:40 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Younger players are not necessarily better players.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 12:15:52 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

And Olynyk and Zeller are the same age or younger than some of the guys on your wish list.

my point is that if we are not making the playoffs this year, what's the point of having monroe hibbert sanders etc; then they might just leave soon and go to a contender....
i think rondo fits a contending team, if any team would offer me a 1st round picks i'd do it in a heartbeat, get more picks and get younger....
i read many post here and most trades are for center...so i'd rather have younger guys to have with 2years experienced coach and add to our young players who has potential young smart zeller kelly zully, we might not have a KD in a draft but moving forward with a lot of picks is good to have.... i see us competing uhm maybe 3 or 4 or 5 depending on who are we drafting
if pierce tries to come back after 2 years in DC well that's a good veteran leadership player to have in our team

Yea but the side you aren't looking at is playing time, we already have enough bigs that will need pt... if it was a guaranteed upgrade then of course you try to get that player but I don't see any of those guys being upgrades on what we have.

To me, it looks like people are willing to trade just for the sake of saying we did something.

Also, it's going to be pretty tough getting much younger than the team we have... who are the old players on our team that are staying? Wallace (who knows if he can even play), Bass isn't 30, Bogans wont be here, and I may be forgetting someone but isn't most of our team 28 and younger? On any team you need experienced players.

bass wallace rondo green belongs to a contending team and bogans type of players are just a fillers

if you say how to get playing time
lets make an example
would you start lopez as your C, put kg as back-up C and have plumlee as your 3rd?
if wizards add more SF since webster is out for a while and pierce is getting older, how would you develop potter without a playing time, its ok because that team is contending, if not?
if the sixers are in a tank mode, and example they got 3 Centers, would you give minutes for noel or those 2 veteran C since your team is not making the playoffs anyways?

if we add monroe or hibbert, how much playing time would you give for kelly and zeller?
maybe if we add more young players, who ever gets hot gets more playing time?

Again, you need those experienced players to help guide the young guys along, the only old big we have is Bass who is only 29. Once again, how much younger could we possibly get when all but 2 of our players is older than 28?  0.0

Are you going young just for the sake of going young???

Oops, I forgot about Joel but he isn't better than anyone anyway.

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: We should trade or signed for a young center (tank mode)
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 12:59:18 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I dont know how much it's going to cost us but out of that list, I'd like to take a shot at Alex Len.

The kid may not have that high of a ceiling as a lot predicted coming in, but I think he can be a potential rim defender, a guy who would go for rebounds and will drop 8-10 points here and there off of passes and/or offensive putbacks.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 01:46:09 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Rudy Gobert : 1 season played averaged 9min a game. :.9 blocks and 3.4 rebounds
He is 7' without shoes has a 30' max vert at combine, 7'9'' wingspan and 9'7'' standing reach. I honestly think that if we traded for him it would not cost us much because he is a risk to not play, but I think that its def a risk worth taking. When he was drafted I thought theres another stiff, but he gets up the court extremely quick and jumps better than KO..lol. I think he can be our Hibbert. Gobert is also just 22.

Also Bismac Biyumbo only played 14min a game and got 1.1 blocks, 4.75 rebounds, and he's only 21

These guys are the most realistic options I believe for us and they are IMO legitimate centers and rim protectors.

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 03:42:15 AM »

fitzhickey

[/quote]
TP, I feel some people are going too all in on the youth movement.

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
[/quote]Yeah.  Because the first thing you have to do when you decide to try to be competitive is to reverse course and trade some young guys for vets.

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 07:58:07 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Yeah.  Because the first thing you have to do when you decide to try to be competitive is to reverse course and trade some young guys for vets.
[/quote]Depends on how good the young player is and how the good the vets are. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
why don't we just go for young players

Youth for the sake of youth isn't a good plan.  Go beyond that and say why these guys and why not someone else?  No one you mentioned is a clear upgrade over Zeller and Faverani so why should the Celtics spend assets instead of trying to develop those guys?
This.

none of those guys that were suggested are anything to get excited about.  none of them have shown we need to make a move to acquire them nor that they're close to what we already have talent-wise.

best shot at a center will be next year's draft unless some deal falls into Danny's lap where he can pick up a decent center prospect for some combination of Green/Bass/Wallace/Non-Guaranteed contracts/Anthony which I just don't see happening.

if we're lucky, Zeller and Fav will show they can be at least back-up quality centers this year and KO shows he can play brief minutes there if on the court with Sully.

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 08:26:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is 7' without shoes has a 30' max vert at combine, 7'9'' wingspan and 9'7'' standing reach. I honestly think that if we traded for him it would not cost us much because he is a risk to not play, but I think that its def a risk worth taking. When he was drafted I thought theres another stiff, but he gets up the court extremely quick and jumps better than KO..lol. I think he can be our Hibbert. Gobert is also just 22.

Also Bismac Biyumbo only played 14min a game and got 1.1 blocks, 4.75 rebounds, and he's only 21

Don't you think that other teams might see that as well?   This is not NBA2K

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 08:40:47 AM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 247
I like Gobert, Kanter, Len and Byambo though I don't think anyone is that much better than Zeller.

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 09:01:24 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I'm glad to see Rudy Gobert mentioned. I would be extremely happy if we do a small trade to get him from the Jazz. IMO Gobert can possibly bring what Hibbert brings to the Pacers.

I also think Misery should have included Bismac Biyombu on the list. He's another guy like Gobert that the numbers per min and potential line up.

I agree but would be really surprised to see Utah move Gobert. I could see Biyombo being attainable. The general premise I agree with I also agree that KO, Sully and Zeller should get the bulk of the post minutes. What I would like to see is Bass be moved and the 4th big be a young player who is a rim protector. Biyombo would be my first choice. I worry that Biyombo will blossom into a lesser ben wallace type and the Cs will be one of the teams kicking themselves for not going after him. They are so physically and statistically similar. At 23 with washington wallace averaged 3pt 5rb 1 blk in 17min and shot a terrible 35% from FT and 52% FG, Biyombo at 22 averaged 3pt 5rb 1blk in 14 min with 51%FT and 61% FG. I know it doesnt work this way but double Biyombos minutes and you have a 10RB 2blk per game center. The rotation for this season could be..

Sully starts get 30 min   stat expectation 15pt 9rb
Zeller starts gets 25 min stat expectation  10pt 6rb
KO 1st big off bench 25min stat expectation 11pt 6rb
Biyombo gets remaining 16min stat expectation 3pt 5rb 1blk
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Don't forget Michael Olowokandi and Jajuan Johnson.

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
bass wallace green faverani anthony bogans should go
because with them staying, your young players won't get any playing time

so if someone gives us 1st pick for green, trade accepted in a heartbeat
and as I've said, rondo stays should be enough

im ok with
rondo/smart/pressey
bradley/thorton/babb/young
turner/johnson/young /wallace
sully/kelly/wallace (if he stays)
zeller/one more young big/kelly

if wallace decides to leave next season
signed a SF if we don't get someone from the draft + green will get us 1st

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:59 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I think its a tad more complicated than that. You have to take into account team goals and the risks they are willing to take on a players potential, especially over very short minutes.

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 09:31:09 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12

I think its a tad more complicated than that. You have to take into account team goals and the risks they are willing to take on a players potential, especially over very short minutes.

i don't see young as an answer
we need to moved bass 1st