0 (0%)
Rudy Gobert/Enes Kanter
5 (33.3%)
Alen Omic (Free Agent)
0 (0%)
Artem Klimenko (Free Agent)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: We should trade or signed for a young center (tank mode)  (Read 5339 times)

We should trade or signed for a young center (tank mode)
« on: August 14, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
Miroslav Raduljica
PPG 3.8
RPG 2.3
BLKPG 0.3
PER 15.31

maybe giving them bogans and filler bucks would do it
he can be our back-up C insurance big

Henry Sims
PPG 7.6
RPG 5.2
BLKPG 0.4
PER 16.14

they need a SF maybe johnson bogans might do it
good starting or back-up C for us

Lucas Nogueira
i think faverani + fillers and 2nd pick might do it
this is guy can be one of bigs in the future

Ognjen Kuzmic
couple of fillers might do it
maybe he still can improved

Jeff Withey
PPG 3.3
RPG 2.6
BLKPG 0.9
PER 15.25

a couple of fillers and pick might do it

Alex Len
PPG 2.0
RPG 2.4
BLKPG 0.4
PER 7.32

picks and fillers might do it

Meyers Leonard
PPG 2.5
RPG 2.8
BLKPG 0.1
PER 9.45

portland would probably ask for a pick
add bogans

Rudy Gobert or Enes Kanter
picks + bass or wallace or green
faverani

anyone on that list we want to have as our center in more years to come?
rondo would be our veteran on the team

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:22:19 PM by MISSERY »

Re: We should trade or signed for a young center (develop talents)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:07:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Tyler Zeller and Kelly Olynyk.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:14:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Yep.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Ughhh, Missery - know you keep trying, but this is a pretty tough thread to get behind. Why would we want any of those players? You are better off campaigning for your favorite guy, Mozgov.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 10:17:16 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown

i agree with that but since we are all planning for big names
why don't we just go for young players
since bass bogans wallace green anthony thorton might be gone..
and since we don't have a KG type guy to help this guys
and a coach in his 2nd year, we should rather go for younger players
and next season 2015-2016 we should add another young SF or young PF

this players will be here for more years to come
kelly, jared, tyler, marcus, james, pressey
with 3 players getting older turner, rondo, bradley to at least mixed in that young players

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
Ughhh, Missery - know you keep trying, but this is a pretty tough thread to get behind. Why would we want any of those players? You are better off campaigning for your favorite guy, Mozgov.

he is not my favorite, i just heard those hibbert thing so i made a thread to rather have mozzy than hibbert, my favorite C plumlee and marc gasol

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 10:21:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Younger players are not necessarily better players.

And Olynyk and Zeller are the same age or younger than some of the guys on your wish list.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
why don't we just go for young players

Youth for the sake of youth isn't a good plan.  Go beyond that and say why these guys and why not someone else?  No one you mentioned is a clear upgrade over Zeller and Faverani so why should the Celtics spend assets instead of trying to develop those guys?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown

And Olynyk and Zeller are the same age or younger than some of the guys on your wish list.

my point is that if we are not making the playoffs this year, what's the point of having monroe hibbert sanders etc; then they might just leave soon and go to a contender....
i think rondo fits a contending team, if any team would offer me a 1st round picks i'd do it in a heartbeat, get more picks and get younger....
i read many post here and most trades are for center...so i'd rather have younger guys to have with 2years experienced coach and add to our young players who has potential young smart zeller kelly zully, we might not have a KD in a draft but moving forward with a lot of picks is good to have.... i see us competing uhm maybe 3 or 4 or 5 depending on who are we drafting
if pierce tries to come back after 2 years in DC well that's a good veteran leadership player to have in our team

sorry for my thread, this is just my personal opinion as a celtics fan
respect my post

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:43 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

my point is that if we are not making the playoffs this year, what's the point of having monroe hibbert sanders etc; then they might just leave soon and go to a contender....
i think rondo fits a contending team, if any team would offer me a 1st round picks i'd do it in a heartbeat, get more picks and get younger....
i read many post here and most trades are for center...so i'd rather have younger guys to have with 2years experienced coach and add to our young players who has potential young smart zeller kelly zully, we might not have a KD in a draft but moving forward with a lot of picks is good to have.... i see us competing uhm maybe 3 or 4 or 5 depending on who are we drafting
if pierce tries to come back after 2 years in DC well that's a good veteran leadership player to have in our team

Yea but the side you aren't looking at is playing time, we already have enough bigs that will need pt... if it was a guaranteed upgrade then of course you try to get that player but I don't see any of those guys being upgrades on what we have.

To me, it looks like people are willing to trade just for the sake of saying we did something.

Also, it's going to be pretty tough getting much younger than the team we have... who are the old players on our team that are staying? Wallace (who knows if he can even play), Bass isn't 30, Bogans wont be here, and I may be forgetting someone but isn't most of our team 28 and younger? On any team you need experienced players.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: We should trade or signed for a young center (tank mode)
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 10:54:50 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
None. Zeller, Olynyk and Sully have had more burn than any of the above. The three Cs have shown IMHO far more potential than the choices selected.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 10:55:55 PM »

Offline Nikki8

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I think I would just rather go with Zeller and Fav more than anyone on the list.

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 11:00:27 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown

Yea but the side you aren't looking at is playing time, we already have enough bigs that will need pt... if it was a guaranteed upgrade then of course you try to get that player but I don't see any of those guys being upgrades on what we have.

To me, it looks like people are willing to trade just for the sake of saying we did something.

Also, it's going to be pretty tough getting much younger than the team we have... who are the old players on our team that are staying? Wallace (who knows if he can even play), Bass isn't 30, Bogans wont be here, and I may be forgetting someone but isn't most of our team 28 and younger? On any team you need experienced players.

i agree on your side, but if we removed faverani bass anthony and make sully kelly tyler our future bigs, we need to add more youth and put them as prospect player or bench players for the meantime, 3 bigs is not enough moving forward, man i wish we had kanter favors gobert like in utah....
if for example we trade a veteran player for a young player i mentioned then they add a pick would you do it? if a contending team wants rondo for 1st pick/2nd picks and lets say a young player would you do it?

hibbert to suns? yeah suns almost made it to playoffs but for dragic, i think that's too much
but hibbert in detroit, drummond smith hibbert make's no sense
trading hibbert to detroit is like trading granger to a team who will not make the playoffs while your current team makes it, but pacers might at least make it to 7 or 6 or even 5 seed

next season 2015-2016 there is a lot of bigs from college coming in nba.. but should we have one of this guys as back-up C or reserves, give them great value ask for a 1st round pick and rather draft a young SF next 2015-2016?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:10:53 PM by MISSERY »

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 11:17:36 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown

bass wallace rondo green belongs to a contending team and bogans type of players are just a fillers

if you say how to get playing time
lets make an example
would you start lopez as your C, put kg as back-up C and have plumlee as your 3rd?
if wizards add more SF since webster is out for a while and pierce is getting older, how would you develop potter without a playing time, its ok because that team is contending, if not?
if the sixers are in a tank mode, and example they got 3 Centers, would you give minutes for noel or those 2 veteran C since your team is not making the playoffs anyways?

if we add monroe or hibbert, how much playing time would you give for kelly and zeller?
maybe if we add more young players, who ever gets hot gets more playing time?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:25:31 PM by MISSERY »

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:16 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'm glad to see Rudy Gobert mentioned. I would be extremely happy if we do a small trade to get him from the Jazz. IMO Gobert can possibly bring what Hibbert brings to the Pacers.

I also think Misery should have included Bismac Biyombu on the list. He's another guy like Gobert that the numbers per min and potential line up.