Author Topic: 3 Team Jeff Green Trade Idea (Boston-Washington-Phoenix)  (Read 5831 times)

Re: 3 Team Jeff Green Trade Idea (Boston-Washington-Phoenix)
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't Otto Porter's upside similar to where Jeff Green is right now? Seems to be a fair trade overall, but it could simply reboot the timeline and give the Celtic's a Jeff-like player 7 years behind in the development stage.

That said, Otto could pan out worse or better than Jeff so there is some gamble there.

Speaking of Phoenix, and the last name Green, what does the future hold for old friend Gerald? He is on the upswing and will be an UFA next summer. His length, 3 point shooting and more mature game could be a fit for a lot of teams, including the C's.
Too old. lol

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »

• Ray Allen
I think instead of trading Jeff for another sf we should hold on to him and trade for a rim protector.

We could possibly do:
Jeff Green
for
Bismac Biyombu
MKG

It would depend on how Jeff Green does and how Jordan views MKG/BB.

Kemba Walker
Lance
Jeff Green
Cody Zeller/Marvin Williams/Noah Vonleh/Jeff Green
Al Jefferson

with Gerald Henderson as 6th man, thats a pretty good team.

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 04:53:15 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I think that the only way Washington would even think about is Green + 1st for Porter, and they'd only think about it if they are in extreme win now mode. Porter was the 3rd overall pick in 2013, they're not going to give up on a guy with such potential so quickly.

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
no way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCq6HjIJGw

LOL.

That Miami finish is getting up there with the Dave Roberts steal is one of the most overrated, overstated plays in Boston.
Huh?  This is still (somewhat sadly, somewhat awesomely) the best moment of my year.

That is the type of ridiculous pass that only happens once or twice a season (nevermind in combination with the shot), and it happened during a game-winning buzzer beater.  Against the Heat!!!!  My throat hurt for days, and it still gives me chills.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I think instead of trading Jeff for another sf we should hold on to him and trade for a rim protector.

We could possibly do:
Jeff Green
for
Bismac Biyombu
MKG

Kemba Walker
Lance
Jeff Green
Al Jefferson

MKG is still only 20 and is already a defensive stud with a developing offensive game, and him alone is worth far more than Green. Biyombo is just meh in my opinion.

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

We could possibly do:
Jeff Green
for
Bismac Biyombu
MKG

Kemba Walker
Lance
Jeff Green
Al Jefferson

MKG is still only 20 and is already a defensive stud with a developing offensive game, and him alone is worth far more than Green. Biyombo is just meh in my opinion.

MKG is NOT yet a defensive stud.  He has trouble guarding strong PF's such as Lebron, which was CLEAR in the first round.  Also, MKG has virtually NO offensive game.  His absolutely has NO outside shot.  BTW, I live about 40 minutes from Time Warner Arena where the Hornets play.  That being said, there is NO way that we could get MKG and Biz from even MJ for Green:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2014, 11:11:58 PM »

• Ray Allen

We could possibly do:
Jeff Green
for
Bismac Biyombu
MKG

Kemba Walker
Lance
Jeff Green
Al Jefferson

MKG is NOT yet a defensive stud.  He has trouble guarding strong PF's such as Lebron, which was CLEAR in the first round.  Also, MKG has virtually NO offensive game.  His absolutely has NO outside shot.  BTW, I live about 40 minutes from Time Warner Arena where the Hornets play.  That being said, there is NO way that we could get MKG and Biz from even MJ for Green:-))

Smitty77
IMO Jeff Green would thrive on the Hornets and the Hornets would thrive with Jeff Green. Biz is who the Celtics really need because MKG may not even start on our team if we have Evan turner or if James Young will play some sf.

Personally I think thERE is a HUGE problem with MKG and that would be his jumper. the fact that it is still no huge improvement is a major red flag to me.

I do this Biz can be good but I would want more for Jeff Green from them. Especially since Jeff Green is really what that team needs.

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
no way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCq6HjIJGw

LOL.

That Miami finish is getting up there with the Dave Roberts steal is one of the most overrated, overstated plays in Boston.

Um, did you watch that play and series?  In what world is that steal possibly overrated?