Author Topic: Detroit Boston trade  (Read 9774 times)

Re: Detroit Boston trade
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Zeller (stretch big does not mean 3pt shooter, KG is a stretch big)

Zeller is not in the same category as KG, you ridicule yourself, with this assertion.

Huh...?

A stretch big is someone who can stretch the defense whether it be mid range or 3pt...

Zeller can shoot the mid range, and so can KG, but I didn't see the comparison... That was a very rude statement from you...

Hell, even Tyler Zeller may prove to be a sleeper candidate. Very underrated, has great length, and is twice as faster than Hibbert.

I hope your right but logic tells me your a homer.   Tyler has never played in an all star game and Roy has two.  As pointed out above he has height but average arms for his height not the great long ones that block shots and the like.   I do think most underrate him here but it is clear you overrate.

Oh not surprised by your statement above, now that I recognize your name....

Such a rude blogger, posters like you make it almost impossible for others to have a calm argument/debate with, because you write personal attacks based on literally zero to none evidence.

Zeller (stretch big does not mean 3pt shooter, KG is a stretch big)

Zeller is not in the same category as KG, you ridicule yourself, with this assertion.
are you kidding?
Never compared the 2. Simply stated that stretch bigs do not need to be 3pt shooters. KG is an example of a stretch big who doesn't shoot 3's.
If you read my comment as a comparison you are looking for something that's not there.
Don't know how he came to that conclusion

Agree with that. No idea how he did either.

Starting to think Celtics4ever has a huge disdain for Tyler Zeller.

Well, he's not that good.

Greg Stiemsma 2.0.

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
please no Josh Smith! He is in love with his horrible midrange shot. He is the absolute opposite of a fit for Stevens' offensive system.
He is not perfect but I can't think of a player with a higher potential impact who could be had for so little in return.
We are in asset acquisition mode and if he buys into the system he could be a steal. If he stays the same old josh smith he is still a productive and unique talent who could be moved to a team looking for a labron stopper/defensive addition for a playoff run.
Plus given this summers signings his contract is not that outrageous.

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If Ainge decides dealing Rondo is the way to go (which I don't agree with), then I think dealing him to Detroit for Jennings/Drummond makes a lot of sense.

I know some people think Drummond is this untouchable plate of gold that Detroit would rather get struck by lightning than even considering dealing him.

BUT, if they do this, they end up with Rondo/Meeks/Butler/Smith/Monroe.

With a lineup like that, I think they'll be able to live without Drummond.

For the Celts, they get a legit center.

Detroit is a much better Rondo trade partner than Sacramento is.

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
If Ainge decides dealing Rondo is the way to go (which I don't agree with), then I think dealing him to Detroit for Jennings/Drummond makes a lot of sense.

I know some people think Drummond is this untouchable plate of gold that Detroit would rather get struck by lightning than even considering dealing him.

BUT, if they do this, they end up with Rondo/Meeks/Butler/Smith/Monroe.

With a lineup like that, I think they'll be able to live without Drummond.

For the Celts, they get a legit center.

Detroit is a much better Rondo trade partner than Sacramento is.
I'd do that trade, though I'd look for a third team to take Jennings.
Also it would be a shame to get Drummond and loose the player that would feed him more ally oops then you can fit into a sports center highlight reel.

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 03:27:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Starting to think Celtics4ever has a huge disdain for Tyler Zeller.

Nope, I just do not think he is a stretch floor or huge impact player.   I think he can run the floor and probably be an upgrade in some ways over Sully at C.  He won't rebound as well but he knows his limitations and has some legit size.   

Such a rude blogger, posters like you make it almost impossible for others to have a calm argument/debate with, because you write personal attacks based on literally zero to none evidence.

Cry me a river, who is getting personal now, not me.  I am overwhelmed by your facts in this thread ( sarcasm).   Shall I hand you  the kleenex? 

There is a huge amount of difference on defensive pressure between a guy shooting 15 footer and a guy who can drill the three pointer.   One really forces the D to stretch and open passing lanes and the other not so much.  In face, you can play a tight zone on the 15 -17 guy.     If you can't see the difference, then I truly feel sorry for you. 

Robert Horry and Kevin Love are what I think when I think of a stretch four.  KG could do it,  Dirk and Ryan Anderson are stretch fours.   Zeller is not a stretch four yet, he lacks the skills in ball handling and his long range shooting is nascent as best.