Author Topic: Detroit Boston trade  (Read 9776 times)

Re: Detroit Boston trade
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 05:02:11 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Rondo for Drummond!

Lets do this.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 05:10:48 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Rondo for Drummond!

Lets do this.

I know I'm quoting myself, but:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ntrwvuu

I think we'd have to throw in a couple of picks, but it could work..

"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 05:14:44 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
perfect pairing with the stretch bigs we already have on the roster.

Other than Olynyk who is the other stretch big?   I hope you do mean the  .27% 3P shooting Sully.
Because if I was the other team I would want him to shoot them.
Zeller (stretch big does not mean 3pt shooter, KG is a stretch big)

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 05:16:50 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Smith solves two problems for us: his shot blocking makes Zeller/Oly less of a liability on D and if we can get him to play in the paint on O he is a perfect pairing with the stretch bigs we already have on the roster. In essence he accentuates our players strengths and minimizes their weekneses.
He is also great in the open floor, giving rondo another target on the break and he takes the pressure off green to be the go to guy.

So you are saying that this would be a disciplined, defense-focused, in the paint on O and D Josh Smith?
Snark :)

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 05:44:09 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Smith solves two problems for us: his shot blocking makes Zeller/Oly less of a liability on D and if we can get him to play in the paint on O he is a perfect pairing with the stretch bigs we already have on the roster. In essence he accentuates our players strengths and minimizes their weekneses.
He is also great in the open floor, giving rondo another target on the break and he takes the pressure off green to be the go to guy.

So you are saying that this would be a disciplined, defense-focused, in the paint on O and D Josh Smith?
Snark :)

Yes -- was in touch with my inner snark on that -- sorry!

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If I were DET I would listen to offers for Drummond. They could get a haul for him but it all depends on what they want to do. Smith is a very good power forward and could really d up kevin love. They need to choose between Drummond/Monroe.Jsmooov.

Please repeat after me the Pistons aren't trading Drummond!!!  Drummond is their #1 choice between all 3 of those players by far....

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Zeller is not in the same category as KG, you ridicule yourself, with this assertion.

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 06:50:37 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Zeller is not in the same category as KG, you ridicule yourself, with this assertion.
are you kidding?
Never compared the 2. Simply stated that stretch bigs do not need to be 3pt shooters. KG is an example of a stretch big who doesn't shoot 3's.
If you read my comment as a comparison you are looking for something that's not there.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 07:11:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

are you kidding?
Never compared the 2. Simply stated that stretch bigs do not need to be 3pt shooters. KG is an example of a stretch big who doesn't shoot 3's.
If you read my comment as a comparison you are looking for something that's not there.

Are you calling Zeller a big man?  Because Bill Russell was a big man and there is no comparison between the two.  There certainly is egg on your face now my friend.

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

are you kidding?

Are you calling Zeller a big man?  Because Bill Russell was a big man and there is no comparison between the two.  There certainly is egg on your face now my friend.
;D

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 07:35:19 PM »

fitzhickey

are you kidding?
Don't know how he came to that conclusion

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Huh...?

A stretch big is someone who can stretch the defense whether it be mid range or 3pt...

Zeller can shoot the mid range, and so can KG, but I didn't see the comparison... That was a very rude statement from you...

Hell, even Tyler Zeller may prove to be a sleeper candidate. Very underrated, has great length, and is twice as faster than Hibbert.

I hope your right but logic tells me your a homer.   Tyler has never played in an all star game and Roy has two.  As pointed out above he has height but average arms for his height not the great long ones that block shots and the like.   I do think most underrate him here but it is clear you overrate.

Oh not surprised by your statement above, now that I recognize your name....

Such a rude blogger, posters like you make it almost impossible for others to have a calm argument/debate with, because you write personal attacks based on literally zero to none evidence.

are you kidding?
Don't know how he came to that conclusion

Agree with that. No idea how he did either.

Starting to think Celtics4ever has a huge disdain for Tyler Zeller.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 12:25:58 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Is Smith the player worth ve flexibility we lose taking on Smith's contract? That offer involves giving up alot of money in non-guaranteed and expiring contracts for one long term deal. That is my only concern.

How about having 3 starting PF types in KO, Sully and Smith along with Smith's huge contract?

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Is Smith the player worth ve flexibility we lose taking on Smith's contract? That offer involves giving up alot of money in non-guaranteed and expiring contracts for one long term deal. That is my only concern.

How about having 3 starting PF types in KO, Sully and Smith along with Smith's huge contract?

That's the thing, smiths rim protection allows us to play him along side oly, zeller or sully.

He actually helps ease the log jam.

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 02:04:03 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
please no Josh Smith! He is in love with his horrible midrange shot. He is the absolute opposite of a fit for Stevens' offensive system.