Author Topic: 2014-15 EPL season  (Read 27587 times)

Re: 2014-15 EPL season
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »

Offline TheGreenBrit

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
That's the first I've heard about Kurzawa  ???

Defensively I think we need two more class centre backs and for me Hummels & Godin are the players for that role. Them two along with Rojo would be class! Now we have Carrick back I think we'll be ok in defensive midfield.

I'm not a fan of Godin.  He's 31 and a bit gaffe-prone, IMHO.  Still, he is the heady veteran who could come in, command respect and organize your backline.  Hummels would be fantastic, but I would avoid his partner Subotic.  Carrick is a good holding player, but you should get another.  Strootman would work, but I can't believe the price tag for him.  There have been persistent rumors about ex-City destroyer Nigel de Jong.  I would truly hate to see him in a United kit, but LvG likes him, and he's a phenomenal wrecker and ball winner.  Alex Song, on loan at WHU from Barca, might be a very nice fit, or maybe Ch. Tiote?  Song has the ability to create (terrific long passer) and orchestrate in the midfield.

You may hate Nigel de Jong to be in a United shirt but all I can say is: Michael Owen. scored winner against City and became legend :P

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 10:29:58 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
That's the first I've heard about Kurzawa  ???

Defensively I think we need two more class centre backs and for me Hummels & Godin are the players for that role. Them two along with Rojo would be class! Now we have Carrick back I think we'll be ok in defensive midfield.

I'm not a fan of Godin.  He's 31 and a bit gaffe-prone, IMHO.  Still, he is the heady veteran who could come in, command respect and organize your backline.  Hummels would be fantastic, but I would avoid his partner Subotic.  Carrick is a good holding player, but you should get another.  Strootman would work, but I can't believe the price tag for him.  There have been persistent rumors about ex-City destroyer Nigel de Jong.  I would truly hate to see him in a United kit, but LvG likes him, and he's a phenomenal wrecker and ball winner.  Alex Song, on loan at WHU from Barca, might be a very nice fit, or maybe Ch. Tiote?  Song has the ability to create (terrific long passer) and orchestrate in the midfield.

You may hate Nigel de Jong to be in a United shirt but all I can say is: Michael Owen. scored winner against City and became legend :P

Well, Owen was already a 'legend' at Pool, so...he even did a creditable job at Real.  That goal is about all he did in a United shirt.  Still, it was well taken... :( ;)

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2014, 01:25:25 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
The transfer window is upon us. Will the United binge continue? Will Arsenal finally get some spine in their midfield? Which striker will Liverpool go after?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Tottenham with a pretty awesome beat down of Chelsea yesterday.  Harry Kane was a men amongst boys out there
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Tottenham with a pretty awesome beat down of Chelsea yesterday.  Harry Kane was a men amongst boys out there

Chelsea have allowed others back into the chase, just like they did a few years back.  Need that killer instinct, but it's lacking.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 09:27:57 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Chelsea have allowed others back into the chase, just like they did a few years back.  Need that killer instinct, but it's lacking.

Chelsea and City, dead even.  I guess the Prem title isn't won in December, after all...

To me, the Chelsea players looked willing, but just lacked energy.  It's been a ridiculous run of fixtures for every club recently.  The same thing happened to my City against Burnley, blowing a 2 goal lead in the second half. 

Maybe Jose needs to start rotating now?  After all, 2014 was a World Cup year, and top players everywhere seem to fade the following club seasons. 

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Deandre Yedlin starting for the Spurs U21 team today.  Will be excited to see how he progresses in England.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2015, 11:10:13 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Arsenal do Chelsea a favour. January looks like it will be a rough month for Man City.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Arsenal do Chelsea a favour. January looks like it will be a rough month for Man City.

Very surprised by Man city losing to Arsenal, Chelsea looks to now be in good shape after what was a neck and neck race just a few weeks ago. 

Cardiac Spurs continuing to salvage good results at the end of games.  STRESSFUL

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2015, 04:50:03 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Very surprised by Man city losing to Arsenal, Chelsea looks to now be in good shape after what was a neck and neck race just a few weeks ago. 

Cardiac Spurs continuing to salvage good results at the end of games.  STRESSFUL

Relax you guys, it's still very early in the game.  Congrats to Arsenal for playing in a very heady and disciplined manner.  This weekend's big match between Chelsea and City will be pretty important, however. 

We've seen a lot of underwhelming performances by all the biggest clubs around Europe this season.  I think this is pretty typical, given that these squads contain many players who were active in last summer's World Cup.  I'm seeing a lot of burned-out looking players with tired legs, and I'm not just referencing City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, etc.  Barca, PSG, Real, Bayern, etc. have all had their issues this season. 

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2015, 04:54:03 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

At least the good results are now being achieved.  Pochettino is getting results with less than a contending squad.  Let's hope Joe on his yacht in the Bahamas and that idiot Levy don't cashier him before he gets a decent chance to bring Spurs forward.  Lord knows that some continuity is needed there.

Fourth place very much up for grabs...

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2015, 04:55:32 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Only if City lose on Saturday... ;)

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Big Game here for Tottenham today, if they win today they will be in 3rd place at least temporarily. 

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2015, 04:45:11 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
balloteli scoring (finally!) is a big story but the tv contract is unreal

Sky & BT paying £5.136 billion for Premier League tv rights 2016-19

that is 7.9B usd ......that`s a lot of money !!!!!!!!!!!!!