Author Topic: Pistons/Rockets/Celtics three way big trade idea: Drummond to Celtics  (Read 16693 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Rockets: Brandon Jennings, Zeller, Bass
To Pistons: Rondo, Green, Capela, Celtics 1st, Rockets 1st
To Celtics: Drummond, Terrence Jones, Jerebko, Houston Trade Exception (8.5)

Rockets lineup
C - Howard
PF - Bass
SF - Ariza
SG - Harden
PG - Jennings

Pistons lineup
C- Monroe (signed)
PF - Smith
SF - Green
SG - KCP
PF - Rondo

Celtics lineup
C - Drummond
PF - Sully/KO
SF - Jones/Turner/Young
SG - AB/Turner/Thornton
PG - Smart/Pressey

Imo this is a good trade for everybody. The bottom line is, every team improves/balances their lineup from this trade.  Rockets get a third scorer/pg they need, Celtics get the future center they wanted and the Pistons look like a top 5 team from the east.  BC the pistons potentially have the most to lose from this trade after this season (if Rondo, Green walk) they get compensated with multiple 1sts

thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:32:52 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Pistons/Rockets/Celtics three way big trade idea
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 247
I like your idea but I doubt Houston or Detroit goes for it, but it is not unreasonable.

Re: Pistons/Rockets/Celtics three way big trade idea
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 10:42:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I like your idea but I doubt Houston or Detroit goes for it, but it is not unreasonable.

Houston is at a worse state than they were last season. Something i'm sure Harden and especially Howard are not pleased about.  They were rumored to be interested in Jennings in the past also.  They just don't have enough assets to get Rondo alone

The Pistons lineup is kind of a mess. Josh Smith is a PF. They signed him last season but played him out of position at the sf spot most of the time.  Monroe excels as a Center , yet he was forced to play and worse defend PFs .  Pistons are high on Monroe from what i read.

Drummond while close to being an untouchable, should be considered to be traded when you can get back Green/Rondo that instantaneously makes your team a contender out of the east.  Plus you get a nice young center prospect in Capela and 2 firsts (something the Celts can afford to give up).   

Re: Pistons/Rockets/Celtics three way big trade idea: Drummond to Celtics
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 11:09:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I'd be all for it to get Drummond, though I'm not sure even that could entice SVG to trade him. Last night I was even tinkering on the trade machine for Drummond trades, and I came up with a similar one of Drummond, Jennings, and Bynum for Rondo and Green (works on the trade machine).

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 11:19:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I like this trade.

Assuming Smart pans out, with Drummond and Sully/KO we got a young exciting core with potential. And we didnt give up too many picks so we can still wheel and deal.

Not sure if Houston would give a first for Jennings though, especially when they have a defensive beast in Beverley at point with Harden being able to run an offense. If that's the case, I'd be willing to give another first rounder (maybe the Clips, or Cleveland's) to Detroit instead.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 247

Houston is at a worse state than they were last season. Something i'm sure Harden and especially Howard are not pleased about.  They were rumored to be interested in Jennings in the past also.  They just don't have enough assets to get Rondo alone

The Pistons lineup is kind of a mess. Josh Smith is a PF. They signed him last season but played him out of position at the sf spot most of the time.  Monroe excels as a Center , yet he was forced to play and worse defend PFs .  Pistons are high on Monroe from what i read.

Drummond while close to being an untouchable, should be considered to be traded when you can get back Green/Rondo that instantaneously makes your team a contender out of the east.  Plus you get a nice young center prospect in Capela and 2 firsts (something the Celts can afford to give up).   

I do agree that Houston is worse now than last season but I still don't think they should trade away trade away two very good prospects in Jones and Capela and another first for a inefficient shoot first PG that I don't think would fit very well with James Harden.

As for Detroit I see your point they are getting a good amount for Drummond I just don't think the Pistons will trade their young superstar for Capela, two firsts and two players that might just leave after this coming season.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 11:29:36 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Another Drummond trade proposal?  I respond the same to every one of them... He's not going anywhere.  It would take a Lebron or Durant to get him, and the Celtics don't have one of those elite players.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 11:53:39 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Another Drummond trade proposal?  I respond the same to every one of them... He's not going anywhere.  It would take a Lebron or Durant to get him, and the Celtics don't have one of those elite players.
Yeah. Drummond is one of the few, 4 or 5 players in the league who are genuinely untouchable.

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 12:18:13 AM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

Keep saying it and eventually it will get through. The rest of the league's GMs are not going to be the Celtics' patsies.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:18:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Your serious right/? Drummond is ways away from being at the same level as Lebron or Durant.  I doubt he will ever be as good. He avgs some ridiculous numbers(alot of nights) but still Detroit loses games.  Drummond and Cousins are comparable players. Monster stats/triple double like numbers but the intangibles/leadership qualities are lacking

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 12:36:42 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

Your serious right/? Drummond is ways away from being at the same level as Lebron or Durant.  I doubt he will ever be as good. He avgs some ridiculous numbers(alot of nights) but still Detroit loses games.  Drummond and Cousins are comparable players. Monster stats/triple double like numbers but the intangibles/leadership qualities are lacking

The Celtics would never in a million years get Cousins for Rondo either.

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 12:49:33 AM »

Offline cm43sports

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I would cut Houston out of the deal completely and do the trade of Rondo and Green along with the Clippers, Cavs and 76ers picks we have, in exchange for Drummond, Bynum and Jennings.
Boston does it because we get a piece for the future in Drummond obviously.
Detroit does it because Drummond simply doesn't fit. He isn't an ideal partner for Josh Smith (no spacing) and he isn't a fit next to Monroe who is another center. Who cares what stats Drummond is putting up if its not helping the Pistons win games? In addition, Detroit gets to seriously compete and has picks.
Detroit's lineup:
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
SF: Jeff Green
PF: Josh Smith
C: Greg Monroe
Maybe its just me, but that team matches up extremely well against the new Cavs team and I think they'd have a decent chance of making the Finals.

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 02:23:55 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I didn't see anyone talk about Terrance Jones yet. T Jones could end up being a very good 4. I actually think he's better than Sully and KO....but its hard to tell bc they are only going into their 3rd year.

Having a team of:

Marcus Smart
James Young(who i think will surprise a lot of people)/avery
Evan Turner
Terrance Jones/sully
Andre Drummond/ko

Player development/lottery/and I get to root for them to win?!?!...thats my type of team!

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 03:16:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I didn't see anyone talk about Terrance Jones yet. T Jones could end up being a very good 4. I actually think he's better than Sully and KO....but its hard to tell bc they are only going into their 3rd year.

Having a team of:

Marcus Smart
James Young(who i think will surprise a lot of people)/avery
Evan Turner
Terrance Jones/sully
Andre Drummond/ko

Player development/lottery/and I get to root for them to win?!?!...thats my type of team!

Jones can play SF. Decent perimeter skills and shooter. Multi positional defender

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 03:53:36 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
pistons wont trade drummond... /thread