Author Topic: Nba could block kevin love trade  (Read 11182 times)

Re: Nba could block kevin love trade
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 01:14:23 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
they wont deny james anything he wants, period

I'll believe it when I see it.  But so far, Adam Silver shows an integrity David Stern lacked on many issues.

I think so, too. All while being more transparent. Silver has been good so far. I have no doubts there's been some tampering, per NBA standards but I'm still not sure they'll pursue any actions.

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 02:36:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Oh…wouldn't this be such a shame???!!!

I would be absolutely devastated if the Cavs and Lebron's backsides weren't massaged anymore than they've already been!

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 02:44:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If its blocked, i wonder if Lebron will start talking to Wiggins finally

Wiggins has been through alot of crap and he hasn't even played one regular season game

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 02:54:06 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Wiggins has been through alot of crap and he hasn't even played one regular season game

meh, he may been through a lot, but he is a #1 pick...time to get used to all the rumors and actual trades...things happen in the league

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

meh, he may been through a lot, but he is a #1 pick...time to get used to all the rumors and actual trades...things happen in the league

Why as a number  1 pick would you have to go through that?

Blatt even said from his understanding wiggins is staying (prob should of said nothing).

Wiggins has stated he was excited to play with lebron when lebron signed. But lebron doesnt care. Kind of a confusing/rough time for a guy who thought he was going to be in cleveland for a while

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
yea, the kid must be really disappointed

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
They blocked CP3 to the Lakers so after seeing this I wouldn't rule it out. But this is "The King" and he has more leverage than Kobe.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Why doesn't the NBA just let the trade go through and tell the Cavs they can't resign Love?  If they could tell the Celtics they couldn't trade with the Clippers, any player at all, for a year because of rumors about Garnett, why can't they tell the Cavs they can't resign Love?

I should have made that clearer, if they could tell the Celts they couldn't trade with the Clippers after the Rivers trade because of Garnett also going to LA rumors, why couldn't they do the same with the Cavs?

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
It would be 100% ridiculous for the NBA to block the trade.  It's a fair deal; a highly-touted #1 pick for an All-NBA player.  Minny's not going to get a better offer for Love; it would be killer to that franchise if the deal was vetoed. 

And what's the issue?  That Cleveland and Love have more-or-less agreed to a contract extension, before the trade is *officially* completed?  Who the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. cares?  Boston did that with KG.  If Love wasn't being traded, he could be talking extension with Minny.  It benefits all three teams to let Cleveland and Love talk; Cleveland gets assurances Love's going to be around, Love gets his contract security, and Minny gets the maximum return on the trade.  This hurts no one. 

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It would be 100% ridiculous for the NBA to block the trade.  It's a fair deal; a highly-touted #1 pick for an All-NBA player.  Minny's not going to get a better offer for Love; it would be killer to that franchise if the deal was vetoed. 

And what's the issue?  That Cleveland and Love have more-or-less agreed to a contract extension, before the trade is *officially* completed?  Who the **** cares?  Boston did that with KG.  If Love wasn't being traded, he could be talking extension with Minny.  It benefits all three teams to let Cleveland and Love talk; Cleveland gets assurances Love's going to be around, Love gets his contract security, and Minny gets the maximum return on the trade.  This hurts no one.

2 things:

1) The CBA has rules.  One of them essentially says that you can't do what Cleveland has been reportedly doing with Love, which is get an agreement for a new contract so far in advance.  It's been the rule for years, and they care about that rule to the extent the can enforce it.

2) It's not remotely what the C's did with KG.  There, KG was signed to an extension as part of the trade, under the rules of the CBA that existed at the time.  The Cavs are well within their right to negotiate an extension with Love as part of the trade, but extensions are very limited, and Love's extension would be for this year, next year at his current player option value, and the following year at about $17.5 million.  That's the most he can get.  That's vastly less than the $120ish million over 5 years if he re-signs with Cleveland for his full Bird rights.  If Cleveland agreed to offer Love a max Bird contract next summer and Love agreed to accept it as a condition of this trade going through, that is against both the letter and the spirit of the CBA, and the NBA would be well within their rights to quash the deal.  There is a reason Ainge said on at least one occasion that he was willing to trade for a player without any sort of extension in place -- because he knows that extend-and-trade deals are not player friendly, and are designed to nix the type of KG deals we saw in the past CBA.  And the team that should complain loudest, much as I hate them, is the Lakers, since they had to trade for Howard with no assurances he'd stay, and then he walked.

I think the extend-and-trade rules of the CBA are stupid, but they're the rules, and if the NBA can get evidence they weren't followed, the trade should either be blocked, or Love should be prevented from re-signing in Cleveland.  I doubt the evidence can be gathered, but the League office looks very weak if they can't enforce their CBA amongst their owners.  And not following the CBA from the owners side will hurt them in a couple years when they negotiate a new one with the players.

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

And what's the issue?  That Cleveland and Love have more-or-less agreed to a contract extension, before the trade is *officially* completed?  Who the **** cares?  Boston did that with KG.  If Love wasn't being traded, he could be talking extension with Minny.  It benefits all three teams to let Cleveland and Love talk; Cleveland gets assurances Love's going to be around, Love gets his contract security, and Minny gets the maximum return on the trade.  This hurts no one.

No, not really. It would actually be 100% ridiculous for the trade to go through(which it probably will.)

Doesn't it seem kinda strange to you how conveniently "lucky" the Cavs have been this summer?

It's time for the BS to stop otherwise why not just take the entire NBA and place them in Cleveland?

Not to mention the Cavs are also looking at adding Marion and Ray in addition to dealing for Love.

Personally, if this all goes down, it will make me sick to my stomach.

I am a Celtics fan and I really don't want to see the Cavs have everything gift wrapped and fed to them

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Can't wait for this trade to happen, so that we - and the rest of the league - can move on. 8)

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

No, not really. It would actually be 100% ridiculous for the trade to go through(which it probably will.)

Doesn't it seem kinda strange to you how conveniently "lucky" the Cavs have been this summer?

It's time for the BS to stop otherwise why not just take the entire NBA and place them in Cleveland?

Not to mention the Cavs are also looking at adding Marion and Ray in addition to dealing for Love.

I am a Celtics fan and I really don't want to see the Cavs have everything gift wrapped and fed to them

Besides winning the lottery, how have they gotten lucky?

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Besides winning the lottery, how have they gotten lucky?

I am going to say that the Cavs got lucky by signing the best player in the world without giving anything up for him (as well as the #1 pick that you mentioned). If Lebron, Durant, or A Davis signed with the Cs, I think we would feel pretty lucky.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
And the team that should complain loudest, much as I hate them, is the Lakers, since they had to trade for Howard with no assurances he'd stay, and then he walked.

I don't think the Lakers have anyone to blame about that deal other than themselves.  They made the deal knowing DH was going to explore free agency.  I'm sure the Lakers broached the subject with Howard and his agent as soon as the idea of the trade came up.  The definitely knew the risk.