Author Topic: Nba could block kevin love trade  (Read 11201 times)

Nba could block kevin love trade
« on: August 09, 2014, 01:06:08 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
But sources say that the Cavs and Wolves, knowing that league officials are monitoring this transaction closely, have been careful not to make any public acknowledgments that trade details have already been agreed to. That’s because Wiggins remains ineligible to move moved until 30 days pass from the signing his rookie contract.

The Cavs were granted permission last month by Minnesota to speak to Love and his representatives in an introductory fashion, sources say, while James and Love have also been in direct contact about their long-term intentions of playing together in recent weeks. But sources insist that no agreement for Love to sign an extension in Cleveland next summer when he can become a free agent is in place.

Under NBA rules, such an agreement would be illegal and, if proven, potentially could be grounds for the league to block this trade and dole out punishment to both teams. The Wolves were infamously sanctioned heavily in 2000 after it was discovered that the club had promised a lucrative future contract — in writing — to Joe Smith, incurring a fine of $3.5 million and the loss of four first-round picks as well as suspensions for owner Glen Taylor and then-GM Kevin McHale.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/report-nba-could-block-kevin-love-trade-if-agreement-for-him-to-sign-long-term-in-cleveland-is-already-in-place/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Re: Nba could block kevin love trade
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 03:46:58 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
The NBA bends over backwards for LeFraud James----Why would they want to Block this deal---?....Would be counter-productive, after Gifting the Cavs all those Number One Picks-!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 04:38:25 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Now come on...NBA ain't gonna screw up LeBron James. He's the mighty king.  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:28:06 AM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
Wouldn't that be something.

After James' "I'm going home" BS "First person" (BS) me culpa to the fan-dumb and his 2 year commitment to the Cav's (isn't it funny that hasn't gotten more attention?), That'd be just grand......of course it would set in motion the obvious of both players opting out to Free Agency after 2015 and running of to LALA land to have fun with Koby in his last years.

James, as lovely a baller as he is, will have his usual yes men tell him all's right with the world and have their ready made excuses for the Clebeland crowd ready (They just don't have what it takes to be a winner because they can't make THIS work).

So who's the leak? Minny or Cleveland or James & Co?  These people are just so full of themselves.....I would imagine Ainge would have been able to keep this whole ball of wax quiet but these attention prostitutes couldn't keep a secret to save their own lives.

</rant over>

Really sick of the NEW lebron pretty quickly
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
No way he signs an extension without seeing how the Cavs do in the first few months of the season. He'd be stupid to rush into that like he did the last time he signed an extension.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He is like Tiger Woods .... He is the NBA s money tree ......they will shake his branches till he is old and used up.

I still surprised Le quitter threw Wade and Bosh under the bus and left......couldn't he invite them to come along on his new adventure.

He really has the nerve to up and leave Cavs .....diss them......go get rings at Miaimi ......thank you Miami ......or screw you much and return to Cleveland the triumphant king .....as if nothing ever happened.

I can wish somebody like this a happy career....bad.karma will find him

Funny though .....Lakers blogs talk of the Cp3 trade block NEVER die .......they will never get over that
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:26:47 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
they wont deny james anything he wants, period

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
they wont deny james anything he wants, period

I'll believe it when I see it.  But so far, Adam Silver shows an integrity David Stern lacked on many issues.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 09:08:12 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i dont think the deal is bad for minny anyhow.  if before lbj said he was going to the cavs and u had asked if love for bennett, wiggins was fair, i think most would say yes

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 09:12:05 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
i dont think the deal is bad for minny anyhow.  if before lbj said he was going to the cavs and u had asked if love for bennett, wiggins was fair, i think most would say yes
Yeah, the worst case scenario of keeping Bennet, Wiggins, and a first isn't exactly heart-breaking for Cleveland. 

If anything, it means TONS for their defense compared to getting Love (and it's not like they'll have too much trouble scoring).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 09:42:08 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Yeah, sorry irrational Kevin Love haters, but Love is still better than Wiggins and Bennett. There is absolutely no argument whatsoever. I'm not saying that Wiggins and Bennett don't both have potential to get better, they do, but you are deluding yourself if you think both of them this season will immediately jump to All-Star caliber status.

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 10:02:37 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yeah, sorry irrational Kevin Love haters, but Love is still better than Wiggins and Bennett. There is absolutely no argument whatsoever. I'm not saying that Wiggins and Bennett don't both have potential to get better, they do, but you are deluding yourself if you think both of them this season will immediately jump to All-Star caliber status.

I really like Wiggins but I have to agree.  We are talking a top 5 player here.  Even though I believe in Wiggins, and think he can turn out very well, that doesn't really necessarily mean he's top 5.  I just think he will be an All Star.   That's great, but Love it elite.

Kevin Love is already that great and he fits perfectly with LeBron.  It's too good to pass up.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I'd be so happy if this trade were blocked. The NBA would steal all attention from fantasy football drafts and put it right back on basketball. It's cold, calculating, shrewd and above all, it would be super fun.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 10:29:59 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yeah, but if Love is leaving Minny no matter what next year (and that's been pretty much a given for months), Wiggins, Bennett and the Miami 1st rounder (or Wiggins, Thaddeus Young, and the Miami 1st rounder) is an absolute haul.  Wiggins doesn't have to be an All-Star for that to be a great deal for Minny.

Works for Cleveland too, because yes, Kevin Love is better than those  two guys right now, and both winning quickly, and showing that they're willing to pay to do so, will keep LeBron in Cleveland the next time he's a free agent.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 12:46:51 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'd be so happy if this trade were blocked. The NBA would steal all attention from fantasy football drafts and put it right back on basketball. It's cold, calculating, shrewd and above all, it would be super fun.

Yeah if the league was run by Vince McMahon.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford