Author Topic: with Love off the table now is Rondo next?  (Read 13491 times)

Re: with Love off the table now is Rondo next?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 08:11:57 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Look at the teams that actually NEED a PG...then look at what they could actually give up for assets.

The list is very small.

Too bad HOU lost both Parsons and Asik as those two would of certainly interested me if Ainge was really going to trade Rondo.

Smart
Bradley
Parsons
Sullinger
Asik

What could of been...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 08:18:56 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
signing rondo sure that is next  :P
Rondo is the only way we are going to get player to come to boston so resign him, use our assets along with bass, thornton maybe and see what ainge can nab us during season
all the draft picks we have will be of interest to teams, this preseason we had lebron and love deals holding up many deals
if anything smart proves to be good (i think he will be) we'll probably see bradley moved
smart<rondo as a point guard
smart is = or > bradley in every aspect except 3 pt shooting

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 09:20:27 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Id do Stauskus and 2 unprotected first for Rondo. Obviously they add salaries to match. Id also be willing to trade Jeff Green for Bismack Biyambo.

Rondo isn't going to SAC.  They Love Stauskus and aren't going to trade him. 

Green for Biyombo is laughable at best.  He has no offensive game at all and shoots 50% from the Free Throw Line.  You don't trade a very good # 3 option on a good team in Green for that kind of player...

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
rubio and pekovic

for rondo wallace faverani 1st round pick

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 09:50:35 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think Ainge is going to try to add someone to Rondo next summer and possibly let Rondo walk if he wants too much money and there are no good free agents or trades possible.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 10:03:49 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
rubio and pekovic

I wouldn't trade Saunders the skin off my backside, let alone Rondo.

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
rubio and pekovic

No, please no. I like Pekovic but everything Rondo isn't good at, Rubio is even worse at.

If Rondo goes, which I don't want to see happen, we will get more value for him the later into the season it is. There are too many point guards that are better, on less expensive contracts (or sometimes both) for us to get fair or better value for him.

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 10:08:25 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think what's most interesting about the Rondo situation is the fact that Danny had specifically said they tried to move Rondo last yr. and there were no takers, most of the teams are happy with their PG situation.

at first it sounded like posturing and what not and for the most part it probably still is. but I think it's also true. and the teams that would like Rondo don't really have anything to offer or aren't willing to give up anything worthwhile.

then we factor in the injury. maybe teams just wanted to see a fully healed Rondo going full speed before investing in a trade for him. or are teams just waiting it out for Rondo to hit free agency?

I tend to think no one is going to offer Rondo a max deal. I think Danny suspects this too. if Rondo is here by the end of the season i'll be surprised but it will be really interesting to see what kind of offers Rondo were to get on the market. I do think if there were 1 team to offer Rondo a max deal it would be Sacramento(...I think they even said they would). so Rondo for all of his posturing may just end up somewhere he doesn't want to be.

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 10:09:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Ainge is going to try to add someone to Rondo next summer and possibly let Rondo walk if he wants too much money and there are no good free agents or trades possible.

Some things to ponder about

- Ainge is unsure if Rondo will stay if the team progresses little this upcoming season vs last season.  If i was rondo i would explore my options also

- What are the chances a big name FA will sign with us?

-  BC there is no players like PP, KG, Allen, how good will Rondo perform this upcoming season? If he cant to the levels ppl expect of him, his trade value and his ability to gain max for extension decreases.  Loss loss for everyone

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 10:12:14 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
rubio and pekovic

No, please no. I like Pekovic but everything Rondo isn't good at, Rubio is even worse at.

If Rondo goes, which I don't want to see happen, we will get more value for him the later into the season it is. There are too many point guards that are better, on less expensive contracts (or sometimes both) for us to get fair or better value for him.

pekivoic is wayyy overpaid  for what he can really do and rubio is most likely a backup pg. I say we do this trade Idea
Boston sends rondo and clippers pick

Boston gets henson,jennings and Milwaukee 1st unprotected.

jennings is a solid veteran good guy to hold the pressure off smart while he develops
henson is a young rim protector who has the potential to be a star and a lottery pick.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 10:17:23 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
rubio and pekovic

pekivoic is wayyy overpaid  for what he can really do and rubio is most likely a backup pg. I say we do this trade Idea
Boston sends rondo and clippers pick

Boston gets henson,jennings and Milwaukee 1st unprotected.

jennings is a solid veteran good guy to hold the pressure off smart while he develops
henson is a young rim protector who has the potential to be a star and a lottery pick.

I don't mind this as long as Jennings has to wear shoes that give him a small but painful electric shock every time he jacks up a stupid challenged shot.

Henson would be a great fit for the Celtics.

Depends what the Bucks' long term plans are if they say yes or no.

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 10:20:27 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
There's no point to trading Rondo just for the sake of trading him.  I'd say 75% of the proposed trade ideas floating around on these boards are pure garbage or 25 cent/50 cent on the dollar deals. 

Unless Rondo has made it clear to Danny that he's gone once his contract is up, I don't see any reason to rush him out the door.  Especially before the upcoming season starts.   If the intention is to trade him down the road, bank on him improving on last season and showing more health.  Build up his trade value during the course of the upcoming season. It's not exactly at an all-time high right now.

Personally, I hope the C's resign him.  He's the best asset they have and the only true gamechanger they have on their current roster.  Guys like him aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
There's no point to trading Rondo just for the sake of trading him.  I'd say 75% of the proposed trade ideas floating around on these boards are pure garbage or 25 cent/50 cent on the dollar deals. 

Unless Rondo has made it clear to Danny that he's gone once his contract is up, I don't see any reason to rush him out the door.  Especially before the upcoming season starts.   If the intention is to trade him down the road, bank on him improving on last season and showing more health.  Build up his trade value during the course of the upcoming season. It's not exactly at an all-time high right now.

Personally, I hope the C's resign him.  He's the best asset they have and the only true gamechanger they have on their current roster.  Guys like him aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

What if rondo is healthy but cant perform up to 2009-2011 levels?

His value goes down further or a decent chance it will  and why should ainge think about giving him max?

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Some things to ponder about

- Ainge is unsure if Rondo will stay if the team progresses little this upcoming season vs last season.  If i was rondo i would explore my options also

- What are the chances a big name FA will sign with us?

-  BC there is no players like PP, KG, Allen, how good will Rondo perform this upcoming season? If he cant to the levels ppl expect of him, his trade value and his ability to gain max for extension decreases.  Loss loss for everyone

Being afraid of a little risk is a horrible way to run a team.

The ability to join a team on the upswing is going to be a significantly bigger factor in bringing in desirable free agents rather than location, weather, or nightlife.

If Rondo underperforms, that may mean the Celtics can re-sign him for less and get better value on his next contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2014, 10:50:01 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

What if rondo is healthy but cant perform up to 2009-2011 levels?

His value goes down further or a decent chance it will  and why should ainge think about giving him max?

Let it play out. 

If I'm Ainge, I'm going to gamble that the Rondo he gets in '14-15 is going to be a better player than the Rondo of last season.  Who, btw, was still pretty solid.  It might not be prime Rondo but it's still going to be a very solid basketball player and the best player on this current roster.

Who said that Ainge has to give him the max or let him walk?  Has there actually been anything besides speculation that Rondo is going to use a "take it or leave it" mentality and demand only a max offer?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team