Author Topic: Cavs have deal for Love in place with contract committment  (Read 19482 times)

Re: Cavs have deal for Love in place with contract committment
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2014, 11:54:32 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Only Lebron can turn two ages stars into two emerging stars....hahaha...Cavs rule the East for the next 5-7 years....

I'm not rushing to crown them. Love and Irving have never been to the playoffs and now they have championship expectations. I think Love can handle it, but Irving hasn't exactly been the perfect picture of maturity during his career.

They will be fine - Lebron turned Moe Williams into an All-Star,  imagine what he is going to do with an elite talent like Irving....

Lebron / Love playing pick and pop is going to be unstoppable...They will struggle a bit on defense but the Cavs are going to be a very good team with a huge championship window because their elite players are all young...

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 11:56:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wolves future lineup (as soon as this upcoming season)

C- Pekovic
PF- Dieng
SF - Bennett
SG - Wiggins
PG - Lavine

Barera, Rubio will get traded. Maybe Rubio gets one more chance but if he doesn't improve, will def be gone. In a few years the lineup above could = next OKC

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This is certainly depressing if you're a Celtics fan

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

C- Pekovic
PF- Dieng
SF - Bennett
SG - Wiggins
PG - Lavine

Barera, Rubio will get traded. Maybe Rubio gets one more chance but if he doesn't improve, will def be gone. In a few years the lineup above could = next OKC

I don't think LaVine has any serious chance of sticking at the point. He's going to be playing the 2 when he cracks the starting rotation.

I think you underrate Rubio, also. He can't shoot, at age 23 he's one of the 5 best passers in the game, he's solid on defense, and he never turns it over. He rebounds really well too. As a Celtics fan, you ought to appreciate a guy like that =)

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 11:58:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LeBron sorta tossed the Heat under the bus ....like he did the Cavs

So ...if he doesn't get a ring in the next TWO years

Will he throw the Cavs under the bus a SECOND time.

I think he will. ......he ll change wife's , life not going perfect ...

And he'll be a LAKER

Just my prediction

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
so i guess the only question now, who gets injured first kyrie-chauncey-love. ;D

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

C- Pekovic
PF- Dieng
SF - Bennett
SG - Wiggins
PG - Lavine

I don't think LaVine has any serious chance of sticking at the point. He's going to be playing the 2 when he cracks the starting rotation.

I think you underrate Rubio, also. He can't shoot, at age 23 he's one of the 5 best passers in the game, he's solid on defense, and he never turns it over. He rebounds really well too. As a Celtics fan, you ought to appreciate a guy like that =)

Agreed. I think Martin and Pek are the next ones to go. Projected lineup for Minny:

C-Dieng
PF-Bennett
SF-Wiggins
SG-LaVine
PG-Rubio

I think that's a pretty complementary lineup - Rubio can't shoot but LaVine, Wiggins, and Bennett are solid jumpshooters with potential to get better in that regard. Even Dieng has a respectable midrange jumper. They're all athletic and can get out and run. If you're building around Rubio, this a pretty strong starting point.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Only Lebron can turn two ages stars into two emerging stars....hahaha...Cavs rule the East for the next 5-7 years....

I'm not rushing to crown them. Love and Irving have never been to the playoffs and now they have championship expectations. I think Love can handle it, but Irving hasn't exactly been the perfect picture of maturity during his career.
agreed .

Kyrie is not as good as a healthy Wade and while Love may be a better scorer and rebounder than Bosh, Bosh is a much better defender and could slide to the center spot.  I will say though that if Sideshow Bob can stay healthy for Cleveland, that will be huge.

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

C- Pekovic
PF- Dieng
SF - Bennett
SG - Wiggins
PG - Lavine

Rubio is overrated.  Last season half the time he was not even playing the 4th quarter.   He is a worse shooter than Rondo.

But they will get somebody to offer a package for him.

Lavine wants to play the point. His slender body is not built to play against guys like Beal, Thompson.  Lavine is a kokky kid. A little Whinny. He is going to force his way to play point one way or another.

And i mean it might turn out to be a good thing.   Lavine and Wiggins would give you prob the most athletic backcourt in the league. Scary

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

agreed .

Kyrie is not as good as a healthy Wade and while Love may be a better scorer and rebounder than Bosh, Bosh is a much better defender and could slide to the center spot.  I will say though that if Sideshow Bob can stay healthy for Cleveland, that will be huge.

3rd that, I was just about to say that. Irving and Love are both very good players, all-star level players, but haven't won squat. Blame the team or whatever, but they have not been to the playoffs. At least Bosh and Wade individually could carry their bad team into the playoffs. I won't crown them anything yet until they can make some serious noise in the playoffs. I'll still see them as a threat in the East because of Lebron. But I won't crown them East kings or immediate NBA contenders just yet. A healthy Indiana team can hardly beat the Miami Heat, but I do see them beating the Cavaliers. But thats when George comes back.

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 12:10:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Kyrie + LeBron + K-Love is an amazingly good trio.

Those guys are going to be insanely difficult to defend.

Celtics seem to be one of the few teams in the league that actually have the roster make-up to be able to defend this type of team.

But yeah.

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 12:11:43 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Celtics seem to be one of the few teams in the league that actually have the roster make-up to be able to defend this type of team.

But yeah.

ummm....

huh?

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

agreed .

Agreed about Kyrie and Wade. When healthy, Wade is elite on both ends of the court.

But he hasn't been healthy in a long time and now they're asking him to be the defensive anchor - that's a lot to ask a guy who's basically been injured for 3 consecutive years. LBJ being the only other defensive guy pretty much on the team isn't going to help. They're likely to add Marion and he'll help some defensively, but he's 36. If keeping Varejao healthy is the difference, they need to get some serious defensive help which is why I'm wondering if they'll make Dion available.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

But yeah.

ummm....

huh?

ummm... yeah?

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

agreed .

3rd that, I was just about to say that. Irving and Love are both very good players, all-star level players, but haven't won squat. Blame the team or whatever, but they have not been to the playoffs. At least Bosh and Wade individually could carry their bad team into the playoffs. I won't crown them anything yet until they can make some serious noise in the playoffs. I'll still see them as a threat in the East because of Lebron. But I won't crown them East kings or immediate NBA contenders just yet. A healthy Indiana team can hardly beat the Miami Heat, but I do see them beating the Cavaliers. But thats when George comes back.

You're not willing to concede that they're even contenders?  I get why you might not think they're the favorites -- they still need to beat Chicago in their own division -- but they've got to be at least contenders, right?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes