Author Topic: Cavs have deal for Love in place with contract committment  (Read 19491 times)

Re: Cavs have deal for Love in place with contract committment
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:50:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
According to Woj, Thad Young isn't involved in the deal, nor are other pieces.  Just Love for Wiggins, Bennett, and a protected 2015 #1

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
apparently Flip was right on waiting and smarter than I. i'm sure we'll hear him say this was the reason he didn't jump at an offer earlier.

I still think he's an idiot who just got lucky though.

so where does wiggins go in 4 yr's.?

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:52:22 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
apparently Flip was right on waiting and smarter than I. i'm sure we'll hear him say this was the reason he didn't jump at an offer earlier.

Likely Minnesota. He will be restricted.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:53:20 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

Yep..lol. I know the Minny fans are breathing a big sigh of relief because they didn't know what type of move Flip was going to make.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Hell of a deal for MIN.

They get the two most recent #1 overall picks and a first rounder for a disgruntled star who was going to walk anyways.

Jeesh, that never happens.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:59 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

even if he pulls a Love?

let's say wiggins becomes a player somewhere between the level of Love and KG, Minn's 2 biggest stars in their entire existence have both left town one way or another. KG even said he stayed way too long.

I think it's only a matter of time(if wiggins ends up panning out) before he wants out. Minn. doesn't have that luxury of signing FA's, they couldn't do it during the KG era(w/ the exception of spreewell and cassel) and didn't bother while Love was there. and when's the last time they were able to trade for someone? they have absolutely no trust in themselves to draft the right players.

so imo this franchise is just a revolving door, farm team for the rest of the league.   

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So they couldn't sign the free agents when they were a 50 win team with KG because you're not counting the free agents they signed?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
So they couldn't sign the free agents when they were a 50 win team with KG because you're not counting the free agents they signed?

sorry I was speaking in general terms. I meant quality free agents, to keep them as legit contenders outside of the 1 yr. they made it past the 1st rnd.

they couldn't maintain what they were doing. 

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
According to Woj, Thad Young isn't involved in the deal, nor are other pieces.  Just Love for Wiggins, Bennett, and a protected 2015 #1

I thought the Cs got Cleveland's 2015 #1 pick in the trade for Zeller?

EDIT: I guess Cs are getting CLE 2016, 2017, or 2018 instead:
http://nesn.com/2014/07/celtics-complete-three-team-trade-add-marcus-thornton-tyler-zeller-draft-pick/
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Incredible trade for Minnesota! They're now pretty loaded with intriguing young talent. They could turn into a winning team and turn this thing around. I'm happy for them. Seems like they've finally done some really nice things over the past couple years.

The curse of Kahn is gone.

Rubio / Barea / Shved
Martin / Wiggins / LaVine
Shabazz / Glenn Robinson III / Brewer / Budinger
Bennett / Mbah a Moute
Dieng / Pekovic

Wiggins was #1 overall. Shabazz was expected to be #1 overall, then fell off. If he redeems himself, he could be a steal. Dieng is going to be a solid center for a while. Pekovic bridges that gap now. LaVine and Glenn Robinson were really good picks imo for where they were taken. Massive upside across the board with all these guys. Get a bounce back year from Rubio, Bennett and Shabazz and they're onto something. Certainly, there is a ton of talent to develop. They should be exciting.

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 10:22:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

even if he pulls a Love?

He's a restricted FA, you offer him the 4/5 year max depending on how good he is. If he refuses you let him go sign and offer sheet and then match. Highly unlikely he'll take the QO and play out his rookie deal without an extension.

The ENTIRE reason the Wolves are in this situation is that they stupidly didn't give the 5 year deal to Love to save it for Rubio and then "compromised" by giving him an opt out just 3 years into his extension.

That was entirely avoidable.

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:29:53 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

even if he pulls a Love?

He's a restricted FA, you offer him the 4/5 year max depending on how good he is. If he refuses you let him go sign and offer sheet and then match. Highly unlikely he'll take the QO and play out his rookie deal without an extension.

The ENTIRE reason the Wolves are in this situation is that they stupidly didn't give the 5 year deal to Love to save it for Rubio and then "compromised" by giving him an opt out just 3 years into his extension.

so we're all of a sudden supposed to expect the track record to change just because?

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Great deal for both teams!

Cavs are big favorites in the east and Minnesota has a lot of young talent now.

The NBA offseason is so much fun!

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

even if he pulls a Love?

Exactly. Wiggins should be a wolf for 8-9 years if he pans out. Be funny if smart turns into the better pro. The hype he got at team USA was interesting.

Cleveland has a pretty nice team now.

Irving waitors Lebron love varejao
Miller (likely Shawn marion) Thompson Haywood

Solid mix of vets and young talent.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14