Author Topic: Reality Bites  (Read 3714 times)

Reality Bites
« on: August 06, 2014, 02:46:07 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lqra3qp

Basically we are going into a complete reconstruction project here.

The trade concept is Rondo and Green for Rudy Gay (1yr 19 million). We are using Phx to dump Gerald Greens and Kieth Bogans salaries.

This year is probably another season with a major losing record for the Celtics and I have figured that Rondo will be out of here after this season.

Danny and Brad Stevens will try to build a team around a core of Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Olynyk, SF, and Sullenger. That SF could be Rudy Gay or a future draftee or free agent. I would love to get involved in the multi team trade and end up with Kieth Wiggins.

I doubt that Evan Turner is the long term solution at SF.

The team currently as constructed is about a 30 to 35 win team which takes a long time to emerge from. Certainly longer than Rondo's and Green's career time span.

I still think there is some value to this season for the Celtics and there true fans which does include this Celtics blog audience.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Re: Reality Bites
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I thought this was going to be about the movie.   :'(
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 03:08:22 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

The trade concept is Rondo and Green for Rudy Gay (1yr 19 million). We are using Phx to dump Gerald Greens Gerald WALLACE? and Kieth Bogans salaries.

This year is probably another season with a major losing record for the Celtics and I have figured that Rondo will be out of here after this season.

Danny and Brad Stevens will try to build a team around a core of Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Olynyk, SF, and Sullenger. That SF could be Rudy Gay or a future draftee or free agent. I would love to get involved in the multi team trade and end up with Kieth Wiggins.

The team currently as constructed is about a 30 to 35 win team which takes a long time to emerge from. Certainly longer than Rondo's and Green's career time span.

I still think there is some value to this season for the Celtics and there true fans which does include this Celtics blog audience.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Why for Phoenix?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
I would puke then light myself on fire if DA traded Rondo & Green for Rudy Gay. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I would puke then light myself on fire if DA traded Rondo & Green for Rudy Gay.

I 2nd that

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 03:59:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't ever want to see Gerald Green in Green again.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 04:01:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah the movie was way better than this trade proposal.

Wynona Ryder was mad hot back in the 90's. 

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

This, or Luis Suarez...

OT, that's a terribad trade for the Cs, I understand Shavlik Randolph is hard to forget, but come on... we give the best 2 and maybe 3 players (if Crash is healthy...) in the trade to have the privilege of paying Rudy Gay 19M? No, thanks.

I'd rather cut Bogans/Babb/Pressey or CJ and wait for the trade deadline.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 05:21:27 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Yeah the movie was way better than this trade proposal.

Wynona Ryder was mad hot back in the 90's.
"Why don't you get a job at the Burgerrama? They'll hire you!"
"I was the valedictorian of my University!
"Well you dont have to put that on your application."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 05:38:46 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

The trade concept is Rondo and Green for Rudy Gay (1yr 19 million). We are using Phx to dump Gerald Greens and Kieth Bogans salaries.

yiiiikes. This trade isn't even better than just losing Rondo for nothing in FA. Rudy Gay really? For $19m/year? Basically you're suggesting trading Rondo, who may well re-up for less than the max, for a higher draft pick in this year's draft.

I'd rather just give minutes to Phil Pressey.

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Turrible.

We give away Rondo, Green, and Wallace for one year of overpriced Gay to watch him walk at seasons end? Plus we give away Bogans valuable non-guaranteed money to do it?

Whatever you smokin' come on and share the wealth bro.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 06:58:44 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Must be the worst trade idea I have seen in celtics blog history.

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Must be the worst trade idea I have seen in celtics blog history.

Any trade that involves us trading Wallace automatically is better than the worst trade in CelticsBlog history.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Kieth Wiggins?