Author Topic: Brandon Bass Has To Go  (Read 5499 times)

Re: Brandon Bass Has To Go
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 10:44:26 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
Trade Nr 2 is not gonna happen for sure. Wizards try to contend so they signed Blair and Hump. Their big man rotation is pretty good with Nene and Gortat.

how about seraphin via buy-out?
sorry but anthony is not our guy, even bass
sully kelly zeller add 1 more are key players moving forward

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 11:14:35 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Trade Nr 2 is not gonna happen for sure. Wizards try to contend so they signed Blair and Hump. Their big man rotation is pretty good with Nene and Gortat.

Why would Wahington buy him out? He's good insurance.

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 11:20:26 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown

Why would Wahington buy him out? He's good insurance.

the question is if ed davis can be had for 1m something and if maxiel can be had for 2m something why give a player 3m with a healthy blair and nene that can play C even gooden can play C..... is it ok that they should rather keep the 3m and trade a big for a pick or sign a guard cost 3m and a super cheap big,
i don't know too, but you got a point there, he is a good insurance big

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 12:08:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
We ve been saying this for two years ,  and like worthless uncle he keeps showing up

The Celtics do not have a basketball team......yet

It's leftover contracts from the BIG Celtics Three days  and a bunch of worthless crape players throw away by the Nets .

A bunch of worthless players and their bad contracts waiting , waiting , watch the clock tic ,   Waiting for these guys to GO away.

Our team is. SMart, AB, KO , Sully , Young , Rondo , and Zeller.

The above group is the very basis of starting over ......they aren't going anywhere but straight to the lottery to,collect NEW teammates.

The rest is just garbage contracts waiting to go away. Awful players that aren't going anywhere but HOME  to retire when their contracts expire......or Europe league.

Danny's war cry

Give me your worthless contracts  and first rounders . ;D

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I don't see Bass as our future but I also am not in a hurry to trade him away. I like Danny is actively shopping Bass but not pulling any triggers yet.

Personally, I think Bass is worth a late 1st rounder from contenders like Dallas, or Miami, or even Portland...

the least I want is a young player who is similar to Bass and a 2nd rounder.

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't see Bass as our future but I also am not in a hurry to trade him away. I like Danny is actively shopping Bass but not pulling any triggers yet.

Personally, I think Bass is worth a late 1st rounder from contenders like Dallas, or Miami, or even Portland...

I think that's a fair expectation.  if he can land a first for Bass from a contender, I'd prefer one a few years out in the hopes/expectation that team is on a downward trajectory

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I think that's a fair expectation.  if he can land a first for Bass from a contender, I'd prefer one a few years out in the hopes/expectation that team is on a downward trajectory

I won't be too greedy or ask for much about that...I mean if Danny can pull that off, then man, is he a great GM and great poker player...but I think any teams that will be calling for Bass knows they are renting him to backup their aging star and knows their window.

Dallas for example, I do not think will do that...Dirk is getting older and I doubt they will give up a valuable future 2016 or beyond first rounder for Bass.

I'm content for a late first rounder this year for Bass

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Is there some reason Montiejunas figures so prominently in those proposed trades? Did you see that he was being shopped? I thought Houston liked him and he had a decent summer league

He's one of their more movable assets.  It's why Shumpert and Hardaway Jr tend to show up in any Knicks trade ideas.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
Is there some reason Montiejunas figures so prominently in those proposed trades? Did you see that he was being shopped? I thought Houston liked him and he had a decent summer league

He's one of their more movable assets.  It's why Shumpert and Hardaway Jr tend to show up in any Knicks trade ideas.

yes and they could used bass as a floor spacer for harden and others

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35

Our team is. SMart, AB, KO , Sully , Young , Rondo , and Zeller.

You left out Green.

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 11:33:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hardaway Jr tend to show up in

He can play and is on a rookie contract, I do not see them moving him.