Author Topic: Skinny Lebron  (Read 48495 times)

Re: Skinny Lebron
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
and now Carmelo has gone skinny.  lol  I might say this is very weird as players usually gain weight as they enter their 30s like Michael Jordan.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/08/11/carmelo-anthony-like-lebron-james-has-slimmed-down-considerably/?tid=hpModule_a4df998e-86a7-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

It's so obvious, yet people on here say we are just haters for pointing it out .....

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:47 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
You can easily lose 20 pounds in two months just by cutting out high calorie items like pop and upping your activity.

2 months = 8 weeks

2.5 pounds a week = 1250 calorie deficit daily roughly (assuming you're losing fat primarily)

A single can of pop is 140 - 180 calories roughly just depends on the particular soda. Plenty of people drink 5+ cans of pop a day.

If everything inside the body is working like it is suppose to work then "efficient caloric burn" will be at its pinnacle execution/function.

This high point of efficient execution/function rarely occurs with your "average Joe" person.

For pro athletes, each may or may not be closer to their pinnacle, but more closer to the pinnacle than your "every day person".

Some "regular folk" people have better workings going on in the inside than even some athletes, but largely not.

Some athletes have poor workings going on in the inside than us "average Joes/Janes".

Every single person, "regular folks", pro athletes etc. we all age.....so the workings on the inside are going to age & fatigue too.

As we age, we are going to have to give up something to better our chance for survival. So most people, as they age, they get "fatter".

These aging bodies are giving up the effcient workings inside our bodies to improve our chance for a longer life.

When a person cuts calories, that person actually is cutting back/down the predominantly necessary material your inside workers need to do their work.

What does one need to exercise? Besides the motivation to exercise?

A person needs energy to exercise.

What provides energy? Food provides energy.

What exactly in food provides the energy?

The calories provide the energy.

Calories =/= Pounds.

Calories =/= Weight.

Calories = Energy (most specifically, heat energy to raise the heat temperature of "X" amount of fluid water by 1 degree celsius - most of the time the "X" is 1 gram amount of fluid water, but in specific food case the "X" is actually 1 Kilogram amount of fluid water.)

So every time you read a food label on the package and you read 100 Calories, for example. Those 100 Calories are actually 100,000 normal/original calories.

So let's say I eat those 100 food Calories. I am taking in 100,000 caloric units for my inside workers to use as energy to do their jobs inside my body.

Why do some people have trouble losing weight even when they exercise? These individuals' body actually think they are lacking energy (not enough calories) so these bodies continue to hold on to the calories held in their fat tissue for later use on more important jobs. Most of these kinds of people are on the typical "low-cal" diet. Many people have stated that they feel no energy to exercise while they are on thier "low calorie" diet.

Other individuals who are not lacking energy, are lacking other material/tools (vitamins/minerals) for their inside workers to do their jobs. Here, people can benefit from taking supplements.

Another group of people who are not lacking energy or other materials/tools......these individuals have crappy/shoddy and non-desirable stuff (toxins/poisons)....so the body doesn't want to use them. The body actually wants to keep these crappy stuff in the fat and away from far more important and vital internal organs/structures. Here, people can benefit from staying away from the crappy food available out there and also benefit from a detox diet to help flush out the toxins/poisons.

The specific type of weight needs to be distinguished. I would like to think that for pro athletes and pro teams' trainers would already know and pay careful attention to this. But, they don't.

Weight can be any number of things. I.E. my back pack, my briefcase, my heavy layers clothing, rain coat etc.

Weight could be fat, muscle, bone, other tissues and water.

So what weight do you want to lose? Most likely not muscle and not bone.

If I wanted to lose fat weight (mass), I would eat a heck of a lot more fat. I would acquire this fat from a reputable source, not just from anywhere (to avoid harmful poisons/toxins).

I want to make sure I maintain or increase my muscle weight (mass) and my bone weight (mass). So here are two more reasons why I would not put myself on a typical "low cal" diet. So instead, I would eat a high fat, moderate protein diet and I would pump iron, life weights.

Cause if my body felt it was not having enough calories or energy material to use & the body won't dip their hands into the posion/toxins bin....the body will get it from somewhere else, like from my muscles and my bones.

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
How much easier life would be if only for the fact that the burden of proof remains with those who are actually trying to prove something, right?

...only in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion, sadly.

« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You can easily lose 20 pounds in two months just by cutting out high calorie items like pop and upping your activity.

2 months = 8 weeks

2.5 pounds a week = 1250 calorie deficit daily roughly (assuming you're losing fat primarily)

A single can of pop is 140 - 180 calories roughly just depends on the particular soda. Plenty of people drink 5+ cans of pop a day.

If everything inside the body is working like it is suppose to work then "efficient caloric burn" will be at its pinnacle execution/function.
It's exactly how it's working, most of the time. It's just that most people can't or won't sustain large caloric deficits.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2014, 02:20:21 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
How much easier life would be if only for the fact that the burden of proof remains with those who are actually trying to prove something, right?

...only in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion, sadly.

Remember kids, you don't need to wait for actual evidence to take a HotSportsStance!
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2014, 02:30:56 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

2 months = 8 weeks

It's exactly how it's working, most of the time. It's just that most people can't or won't sustain large caloric deficits.
This couldn't be more wrong.  Didn't you read his post?

It's pretty common knowledge that if you cut all the fat out of your diet (or a large amount of calories in general) that your body will go into a "survival" mode, where it tries to hold onto your fat deposits and keep them on reserve, rather than burning them for energy.  This is why the body can live 2-3 weeks without food, but is completely zapped of energy after 1-2 days.

It has way less to do with people being unable to sustain large caloric deficits, and way more to do with people sustaining large caloric deficits being unable to sustain the amount of physical activity to lose the weight.

Losing weight is basically 80% exercise, 20% diet.  Someone like Phelps who ate 10,000 calories a day while training for the Olympics had his body performing at "pinnacle execution/function"  Our bodies aren't even close to that ballpark.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:42:16 PM by mgent »
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Nah I'm pretty sure it's 'cause he was stoned for like a year straight. Lots of calories in Doritos and frozen pizza, after all. :D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Nah I'm pretty sure it's 'cause he was stoned for like a year straight. Lots of calories in Doritos and frozen pizza, after all. :D
Just goes to show you, you can be stoned for a year straight and still have your body working at its pinnacle, plus be the most dominant Olympic athlete of all time (obviously your lungs won't suffer either).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2014, 04:14:54 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
With all this Cavaliers talk that's going on, I'm surprised that, 6 pages into the thread, there is not a single "Skinny Love" reference in any post.

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker

There are constant outside obstacles in life that block people from making the wise choices.

Example: There's "no time" to cook a home cooked meal, I have to get to a meeting in 15 minutes so I'll swing by Mickie D's drive thru.

More examples: I was up late last night working on next morning's business presentation/or law brief for court hearing/doing my homework & studying for midterm or final exams.

Because I was up late last night, I overslept and now I am running late, I have to rush to work/court/school.....I'm going to swing (or have mom/pop drive me) by Dunkin Donuts and pickup something there for breakfast (sugar breakfast, similar to the sugary laced cereals we feed our young'ins even if we are not "running late").

Point of all the above examples is, we all make choices, we sacrifice things in order to try and acomplish something else that we/society thinks or holds more important.

Inside our bodies, the stuff working on internally......they are going to give up & sacrifice certain things too. The human body is not a "controlled sterile environmet"/"closed system".

The internal biological/physiological/anatomical systems have a big priority system which contains different levels.

Your body will extremely prefer to keep your heart beating/pumping than it will prefer you maintain your run/jog or maintain your "caloric burn".

When I was hit by the car, back last Nov. my body didn't allow me to maintain my normal consciousness. I have no memory of the accident or that whole day actually. Instead of holding on to that day's memories my body decided to shut down my brain so I could focus on higher priorties.....survival/recovery.

I wish it was as easy as --- EAT --> Exercise ---> Lose Weight ----> BE HEALTHY.

But it's not that easy. Society has really dumbed down something very complicated/sophisticated and it has been a vast detriment to its citizens.

The biggest detriment has be fallen our younger generation. And if we don't change our current path, every future generation will be reaping the detriments that we have sown.

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
Just goes to show you, you can be stoned for a year straight and still have your body working at its pinnacle, plus be the most dominant Olympic athlete of all time (obviously your lungs won't suffer either).

Great acts of physical, athletic performances does not constitute "pinnacle workings".

Being the elite at something physically is only 1 aspect of the whole shabang. High peak athleticism is "just" a mark of fitness, not the whole story in regards to health.

« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2014, 04:56:55 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
This couldn't be more wrong.  Didn't you read his post?

It's pretty common knowledge that if you cut all the fat out of your diet (or a large amount of calories in general) that your body will go into a "survival" mode, where it tries to hold onto your fat deposits and keep them on reserve, rather than burning them for energy.  This is why the body can live 2-3 weeks without food, but is completely zapped of energy after 1-2 days.

It has way less to do with people being unable to sustain large caloric deficits, and way more to do with people sustaining large caloric deficits being unable to sustain the amount of physical activity to lose the weight.

Losing weight is basically 80% exercise, 20% diet.  Someone like Phelps who ate 10,000 calories a day while training for the Olympics had his body performing at "pinnacle execution/function"  Our bodies aren't even close to that ballpark.

Losing weight is taking in fewer calories than you are burning; that's what it "basically" is. Exercise is helpful for a variety of things, including (but not limited to) losing weight, but it's not required. I'm burning 1kCal/min just by existing. I can lose weight with no exercise whatsoever by cutting my daily caloric intake to ~1500 kCal or so.

It's true that "starvation mode" is a thing, but your body can only conserve energy to a certain extent: you are always going to need a certain amount for basic metabolic processes, and keeping your brain alive. We can be pretty efficient, but we can't break the basic laws of thermodynamics.

That being said, it's hard to get appropriate nutrition when you aren't eating enough, and exercise is good for reasons other than losing weight, so "diet and exercise" is always the best idea.

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
**** at that pic, 5-6 weeks he lost that much muscle. This pic has convinced me was juicing. Lebron was massive and I mean muscle wise and FYI body builders go on a no carb diet as they get close to their show and don't lose their muscle like that.

My guess is that you were already convinced he was juicing, and that the picture is providing some serious confirmation bias.

Also, the fact that none of the posters that are crying "steroids" seem to have any idea of what the new NBA drug policy is going to be is a bit concerning. Possibly because there isn't a new policy coming next season, but you want to believe that it's real in order for it to "prove" this LeBron theory.

I'm agnostic as to LeBron's steroid use, by the way. Either he's on them or he isn't, but I'm not going to let a crude series of "well of course he is" and some cursory pictorial evidence be the deciding factor. Otherwise I'd probably believe in chemtrails and aliens and a faked Sandy Hook, too.

did you really just equate people's speculations about steroid use to chemtrails and new world order gun conspiracies?
one set of theories involves massive world-wide conspiracies, the other involves an athlete trying to make himself stronger so that he can win and get paid millions in an ultra-competitive sport full of other people who are doing the same.
one side is just a little more likely than the other.
and just because we don't have indisputable evidence about something doesn't mean we can't speculate about it, discussion is a good thing, which is what these forums are for. it's human nature to analyze and question, this is what reporters do, they follow instincts and leads, with the suspicion that there might be more information to follow.

« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2014, 05:09:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Proof positive that no matter how clearly you phrase something, people will find a way to willfully misrepresent what you wrote.

Being interested, investigative, and skeptical is one thing. Baseless speculation (which, for the record, is what we in the reporting business would classify an action like looking at a couple photos and leaping to a snap judgement and/or conclusion) is another. It's almost as if you skipped over the first two sentences in that paragraph on your way towards writing your post.

I'll copy and past them here, so you don't miss them a second time:
I'm agnostic as to LeBron's steroid use, by the way. Either he's on them or he isn't, but I'm not going to let a crude series of "well of course he is" and some cursory pictorial evidence be the deciding factor.

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2014, 05:09:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
did you really just equate people's speculations about steroid use to chemtrails and new world order gun conspiracies?

If you do not think proathletes looks for a chemical edge, your beyond naive...