Author Topic: Skinny Lebron  (Read 48612 times)

Re: Skinny Lebron
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 06:30:10 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
conspiracy nonsense.

None the less, some conspiracies are true.   Do you think McGuire and Clements never juiced?  Or that our government never gave servicemen syphilis?  Cigarettes are good for you?  Lance Armstrong never cheated?

I think a lot of the NBA guys  might have used HGH.   

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/55616/what-hgh-testing-means-for-nba-drug-cheats

Read this article, Derrick Rose comes out and says there is a steroid problem in the league.

http://www.ibtimes.com/bulls%E2%80%99-derrick-rose-nba-has-steroids-problem-644189

LeBron was linked to the Biogenesis scandal but it was never advanced past the rumor stage and was never proven.  This a fan post on the matter:

http://ajaythuraisingham.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/reasons-i-believe-lebron-james-uses-steroids/

Now that is just a guy's opinion and not a journalistic article.  Brow bone growth is often associated with steroids and LeBron's has a huge change from 2004 to 2016.  Now I am no forensic expert, they could have been cherry picked or photoshoped.  It took years to break Lance Armstrong's case and people ridiculed it and ditto to McGuire.

But Derrick Rose, said steroids are a 7 out of ten for a problem in the NBA.   Surely some are not naive enough to think that some guys are not looking for an edge.  Stern denied it was a problem.   Training has got a lot better and more advanced.   But some of these guys got huge in a short matter of time.   Not everyone has the genes to do it and some guys are hard gainers and never get big. 

Hedo Turkoglu, O.J. Mayo, Rashard Lewis, Darius Miles, Lindsey Hunter, Soumaila Samake, Matt Geiger, and Don MacLean their thoughts on the benefits of PEDs. All of these players were busted for PED and/or steroid abuse.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/features/287083-top-10-reasons-nba-players-use-peds

Finally, ESPN has brooched the matter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/51305/gaps-in-nba-drug-testing

They found  gaps in the NBA testing methods.  These were the two biggest flaws: 

1) microdosing
2) advanced warning of the tests

Good post, most people never want to believe athletes juice they want to believe they are invincible.

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 07:00:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I lost 20 pounds from just stopped consuming one particular item.

Lord know I miss it

Terribly

soda

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2014, 07:50:37 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
to be honest, I think its ALOT more Naive to put the blinders on and just think that "athletes never juice, they are this big because of advancements in training!"  ::)

same thing was said about Barry bonds, clemens, conseco etc. by fans before it finally came out they were juicing.

Especially when the NBA doesnt really have any testing for steroids previously and NBA players have ADMITTED that steroids are a problem in the nba. For those saying the weight loss is normal for muscle...look at bodybuilders who go on an extreme cut diet weeks before the competitiion. RARELY do they lose 8-10pounds of muscle

just saying, dont act all surprised when eventually a report comes out that ALOT of these NBA players have been juicing.

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 09:01:29 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Someone brought up a good point.  Didn't all the players get tested for HGH at the Olympics?  Lebron has participated in few of them.  I'm sure he got tested and if he hadn't pass, sh!t would've hit the fan long ago.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 09:17:12 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
**** at that pic, 5-6 weeks he lost that much muscle. This pic has convinced me was juicing. Lebron was massive and I mean muscle wise and FYI body builders go on a no carb diet as they get close to their show and don't lose their muscle like that.

My guess is that you were already convinced he was juicing, and that the picture is providing some serious confirmation bias.

Also, the fact that none of the posters that are crying "steroids" seem to have any idea of what the new NBA drug policy is going to be is a bit concerning. Possibly because there isn't a new policy coming next season, but you want to believe that it's real in order for it to "prove" this LeBron theory.

I'm agnostic as to LeBron's steroid use, by the way. Either he's on them or he isn't, but I'm not going to let a crude series of "well of course he is" and some cursory pictorial evidence be the deciding factor. Otherwise I'd probably believe in chemtrails and aliens and a faked Sandy Hook, too.

Wrong, I never gave it 2 thoughts he was on steroids until these pics came out and showed how much muscle he lost in 6 weeks. It's IMO he was on steroids after looking at that. Just because you and others don't share that opinion doesn't make me or you right.  Some people want to believe athletes never juice, were you one of the people who thought Lance Armstrong wasn't juicing? Would it really shock you if Lebron was juicing? Again going by the pictures that are shown and being around steroids and rapid weight  and muscle loss IMO it looks strong that he was juicing.

Based on your questions, you bolded the wrong part of my response. Here's the part you should've keyed in on:
I'm agnostic as to LeBron's steroid use, by the way. Either he's on them or he isn't, but I'm not going to let a crude series of "well of course he is" and some cursory pictorial evidence be the deciding factor. Otherwise I'd probably believe in chemtrails and aliens and a faked Sandy Hook, too.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2014, 09:28:24 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I lost 20 pounds from just stopped consuming one particular item.

Lord know I miss it

Terribly

soda

Yea , but Lebron is like under 10% body fat already .  It's not like he is losing a bunch of fat going on a low carb diet . He is losing water weight , and a lot of it . Oh by the way one of the effects of steroids is you retain more water ...... 

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 09:35:36 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I think this picture is deceiving. The hat he is wearing is clearly to big for him, creating an illusion and he is definitely sucking in his cheeks, you can see they are dimpled in unnatrual places.

Anyone can make themselves look skinny in a selfie.  I don't buy it.

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2014, 09:36:50 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Also, I'm still waiting for someone to fill me in on the new NBA drug testing for next season -- I have yet to read a single 'real' thing about it beyond comments in this thread and the like. No press releases, no commentary, no articles about it. Weird.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:42:21 AM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I was watching a Knicks/Bulls game from the 90s and it is really stunning how much bulkier players are nowadays.  It's not like guys weren't lifting weights back then either.  What I find unbelievable is how these guys maintain their muscle mass throughout such a grueling season.  They burn so many calories during the course of a game while playing three games per week and constantly traveling.  To be able keep up that weight with such little body fat and maintain the necessary weight lifting routine seems too difficult to me.  I never really doubted James because I think some guys are capable of it, but many guys are carrying a lot more muscle than guys were 15 years ago.  Plus, the NBA has caught very few guys with its PED testing relative to other sports.

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21:26 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Ahh, more "lol LeQueen's off the 'ROIDZ" conspiracy nonsense.

So we've already had the "lottery is rigged" tinfoil hat crowd bleating yesterday, now we've got this. I wonder what group will complete the holy trinity of facepalm for this week.

What about 'The NBA planned Paul George's injury so that the Pacers wouldn't beat the Cavaliers before the ECF?'

TP. Though we might have an answer:

Someone brought up a good point.  Didn't all the players get tested for HGH at the Olympics?  Lebron has participated in few of them.  I'm sure he got tested and if he hadn't pass, sh!t would've hit the fan long ago.

But didn't you hear? This is all part of a widespread ploy by the IOC, FIBA, and NBA to market LeBron as the greatest basketball player ever. They've been giving him special drug tests that conveniently happen not to test for any drugs whatsoever.

I absolutely can't stand the corrupt NBA and their treasured prince LeFraud Lames.

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Lebron had muscle when he was in high school. So either he has been doing roids since 15 or he is naturally built ... thats an easy guess

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2014, 10:49:14 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

In spring training, 2004, Jason Giambi came back to the Yankees having lost 20 pounds and in "the best shape of his life." Always assume everyone is on steroids. I think Lebron James uses. I think all of his competition uses, too. I can't for a second imagine a reality where Kobe Bryant doesn't. Some do so conservatively, some do so aggressively, some do so with dangerous, experimental abandon. Lebron is the best- probably the best user among all of the users- still the best.

I think you do common sense a disservice when you call it a conspiracy theory. Professional athletes use drugs. We've learned that by now.

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
Lebron had muscle when he was in high school. So either he has been doing roids since 15 or he is naturally built ... thats an easy guess

Or both, obviously, or he's naturally built and he started using the first time he hurt himself playing pro ball, or something else. That's a false choice.

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2014, 10:54:03 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
to be honest, I think its ALOT more Naive to put the blinders on and just think that "athletes never juice, they are this big because of advancements in training!"  ::)

same thing was said about Barry bonds, clemens, conseco etc. by fans before it finally came out they were juicing.

just saying, dont act all surprised when eventually a report comes out that ALOT of these NBA players have been juicing.

cman88 has been paying attention, and he speaks the truth.

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

In spring training, 2004, Jason Giambi came back to the Yankees having lost 20 pounds and in "the best shape of his life." Always assume everyone is on steroids. I think Lebron James uses. I think all of his competition uses, too. I can't for a second imagine a reality where Kobe Bryant doesn't. Some do so conservatively, some do so aggressively, some do so with dangerous, experimental abandon. Lebron is the best- probably the best user among all of the users- still the best.

I think you do common sense a disservice when you call it a conspiracy theory. Professional athletes use drugs. We've learned that by now.

Common sense does itself enough disservice, it doesn't need us.

If we're 'always assuming everyone is on steroids' , as in all 450-ish guys in the NBA are on steroids -- which I suppose is possible, if unlikely -- then there's no problem, since the level of competition is roughly equal, insofar as everyone has access, incentive, and (apparently) no real risk at repercussions. No reason to make noise about it, then.

Going by your line of thinking the only reason steroids are a problem would be because you don't think everyone in the NBA is using, because its an unfair competitive advantage that one player is getting and another one isn't.

Which leads to the same kind of tunnel vision about figuring out which ones are and which ones aren't that we see in this thread. Common sense is really a wonderful thing. ::)