2 (20%)
don't like it
0 (0%)
Hate it
0 (0%)
Bucks never do it
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Bass trade Idea  (Read 3832 times)

Bass trade Idea
« on: August 05, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
trade Idea

Boston gives: bass and clippers pick

Milwaukee gives: Henson

I want to trade for our future rim protector. His name is john henson and he plays for Milwaukee.
when he plays about 20 minutes he avg 11.1ppg 7.1 rpg and 1.7bpg with a PER of 17.97 and he is 23 years old.
he is also very cheap he costs only 2 million for 2 years. the money works out on nba trade machine here: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nbj2svo
I say we give them bass and a clippers pick for him. we already want bass gone. were half way there and the bucks are rumored to be wanting to trade him.

I don't understand that if they weren't into larry saunders why did they pay him 11 million for four years. also here are links saying Milwaukee is interested in maybe trading henson.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24594706/report-bucks-have-put-ilyasova-henson-knight-on-trade-market
http://fansided.com/2014/06/22/nba-rumors-milwaukee-bucks-may-trade-john-henson/
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/21545485/report-milwaukee-is-looking-to-make-a-trade

Bass is an upgrade over their current starting power forward
bass stats:11.1 ppg 5.7 rpg 0.9bpg and per of 15.01 with a contract of 6.9 million.age 29
Ilyasova ( their starting PF):11.2ppg 6.2rbg 0.1bpg and a per of 13.85 and a contract of 7.9 million.age 27
The articles say they want a mid-or late first round pick for him. So I think Milwaukee might want this deal.

highlight of henson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW2lP17tss

Want to see him against the world champion spurs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsl2Q1rbDE
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:59:39 PM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Bass trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »

Offline Rodan45

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Bass has an incredible awkwardness to his play that just makes him hard to watch regardless of his stats.

KO and Sully are developing, they need more minutes, thus he needs to go, and this seems like a decent trade.

Perhaps the two Philly second rounders instead of the clippers pick.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:17:34 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
No chance.

Maybe if we eat that Mayo deal and send them Bogans contract.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:53:28 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
No chance.

what if we sent them bass clippers pick and philly 2 second rounders
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 10:04:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
No chance.

no way -- overpaying.

Henson has promise but Bass is a proven player.  Henson seems more like a skinny PF to me rather than a legit Center.  wouldn't mind having him instead of Bass but I wouldn't start throwing picks around to get him.

As someone else mentioned, maybe offer to take Mayo off their hands (hand them a WetNap :) ) with Henson for Bass, our 3 non-guaranteed deals and maybe Fav or Anthony.  Maybe Philly 1st (which will end up being 2nds).

Would need to then find a new home for either Mayo or Thornton before the season starts.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 11:09:43 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
No chance.

Boston seems very unlikely to do that.  Mayo is a worse player on a longer contract and Ainge seems to value clearing cap space next summer.  He probably wouldn't trade Bass for Mayo straight up, let alone toss in some picks.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 11:47:59 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
No chance.

no way -- overpaying.

Henson has promise but Bass is a proven player.  Henson seems more like a skinny PF to me rather than a legit Center.  wouldn't mind having him instead of Bass but I wouldn't start throwing picks around to get him.

As someone else mentioned, maybe offer to take Mayo off their hands (hand them a WetNap :) ) with Henson for Bass, our 3 non-guaranteed deals and maybe Fav or Anthony.  Maybe Philly 1st (which will end up being 2nds).

Would need to then find a new home for either Mayo or Thornton before the season starts.

You're kidding right?
You wouldn't dump Bass +Clippers pick+phillies 2nd rounders for John Henson?

Bass is an expiring contract of 7 million. We want to clear that caproom, we also want to add young talent. That Clippers pick is going to be around #22-25 or worse, and those philly picks aren't changing the face of the Celtics. John Henson is WAY better than anyone you could hope to pick at 25 and he fits a specific team need, on a rookie scale contract for 3 more years.

The funny thing is, the Mavs wouldn't even pick up the phone the idea is so bad for them.

For Henson you're looking at AT LEAST Kelly Olynyk, probably Olynyk + the cavs pick.

People are waiting for the Love deal to go down, and then dominos like Bass and Green may get picked up by other teams in search of expirings +experience/need.(Houston? Portland?)

But Henson will take much more than you're thinking.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The articles say they want a mid-or late first round pick for him. So I think Milwaukee might want this deal.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll say it here, as well.  The article states:

Both Henson and Knight undoubtedly would bring back at least a mid-first round pick, if the Bucks desired to move them.

If that is true, the Bucks thought that keeping Henson was better than trading him for a mid-first round pick (such as the #17 pick used on James Young), so they should theoretically want more than that in a trade for Henson.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
No chance.

no way -- overpaying.

You're kidding right?
You wouldn't dump Bass +Clippers pick+phillies 2nd rounders for John Henson?

Bass is an expiring contract of 7 million. We want to clear that caproom, we also want to add young talent. That Clippers pick is going to be around #22-25 or worse, and those philly picks aren't changing the face of the Celtics. John Henson is WAY better than anyone you could hope to pick at 25 and he fits a specific team need, on a rookie scale contract for 3 more years.

The funny thing is, the Mavs wouldn't even pick up the phone the idea is so bad for them.

For Henson you're looking at AT LEAST Kelly Olynyk, probably Olynyk + the cavs pick.

People are waiting for the Love deal to go down, and then dominos like Bass and Green may get picked up by other teams in search of expirings +experience/need.(Houston? Portland?)

But Henson will take much more than you're thinking.
nope, not kidding.

Bass is an expiring deal.  no 'need' to clear it when he's comes off the books at the end of the year. 

I'm not moving that Clip's pick without protection on it.  would rather move Philly pick if needed.  Until the Sterling mess has resolved, there's no telling what happens to that franchise.

I'm not opposed to Bass for Henson but Bass is a proven solid backup.  Henson is still a work in progress.  yes, he could probably be better than Bass when he's a finished product but he's still developing.  As mentioned, either make it the philly pick with Bass or a couple of seconds (essentially, the Philly pick equivalent) or offer to add an unguaranteed deal into it and offer to take back Mayo. 

I think Henson's an interesting player and I don't see Bass as part of the future but I want to be sure we only send out picks when necessary as opposed to lesser-quality players on non-guaranteed deals.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Like a few of us said in the other thread, there's no way Milwaukee makes this trade. They're not looking to trade Henson just to trade him, and you're ignoring the context of the articles you cite.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.