Author Topic: Lets Find A Home For Gerald Wallace (What's Yours?)  (Read 6827 times)

Re: Lets Find A Home For Gerald Wallace (What's Yours?)
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That's not exactly a desirable pick -- the Clippers almost certainly won't be in the lottery next season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
You'd actually give up picks for Amare? :o  Why?  He's on a minute restriction and his game was always based on athleticism, so he's obviously not aging well.  Plus, I've always hated his punk attitude.  He's the antithesis of a Celtic, imo.

In spite of that, I played around with the idea on the trade machine, but then I remembered that Thornton would not fit in at all on the Knicks.  They already have Shumpert, JR Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Wayne Ellington, so he wouldn't get any playing time, and they're guard rotation would be more log-jammed than ours, and that's really saying something ;D

I'd give up picks to dump Wallace's boat anchor of a contract.  Hell, I'd be willing to buy out the last year of Stoudemire's deal so that he can sign with a contender and the C's can save some cash.

And swap out Thornton for Joel Anthony if you like.  I'm sure NYK wouldn't care either way.  Plus they'd save some $$$ this year.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:22:47 PM by freshinthehouse »

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 02:51:35 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Go see my Reality Bites thread. We need a team with 20 million dollars in cap space that cannot acquire Free Agents. Phoenix seems like the best candidate for me.

Otherwise his home is the Boston Bench.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
To Philly along with their pick from the Anthony trade and the Clips pick for Jason Richardson's expiring deal.

Saves us $3+ mil right away (allowing us to use Bogans' deal in trade without going over the tax and frees up $10 mil in cap space next year.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri