Author Topic: A couple of OKC/BOS Trades to get us our rim protector  (Read 5011 times)

Re: A couple of OKC/BOS Trades to get us our rim protector
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I somehow knew I was coming into a thread that involves Rondo and Perkins

I was not disappointed  ;D

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Did Denver lose the Carmelo Anthony trade?

I think both teams lost but then I do not like volume scorers.

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 03:42:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
I somehow knew I was coming into a thread that involves Rondo and Perkins

I was not disappointed  ;D

However, I included him merely as salary filler. I don't really expect him to produce at all next season.

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Trade 1: Boston sends Rajon Rondo and Kelly Olynyk to OKC for Steven Adams, Reggie Jackson, Kendrick Perkins, and a top 5 protected OKC first round draft pick in 2017.

Why Boston does it: In this trade they collect further assets for their rebuild. Adams will be their future rim protector. Jackson is an excellent offensive guard who would excel next to Smart, and they bring back a fan favorite (purely as salary filler). This depth chart looks pretty promising for the future:

We would not do this!  Anytime you give up the best player in the trade, you lose the trade.  That pick would be one of the last ones in the first round.

That's a very short-sighted view of trades, because you don't seem to differentiate between time periods. lol If Cleveland gives Minny Wiggins and Bennett and draft compensation and they live up to their potential, doesn't Minny win the trade overall even though they gave up the best player?

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 04:04:57 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This sounds turrible.

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 01:33:56 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I think that you lost me at the lack of Rondo for Westbrook deal.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
lets get hasheem thabeet instead of adams

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 08:05:18 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Trade 1: Boston sends Rajon Rondo and Kelly Olynyk to OKC for Steven Adams, Reggie Jackson, Kendrick Perkins, and a top 5 protected OKC first round draft pick in 2017.

Why Boston does it: In this trade they collect further assets for their rebuild. Adams will be their future rim protector. Jackson is an excellent offensive guard who would excel next to Smart, and they bring back a fan favorite (purely as salary filler). This depth chart looks pretty promising for the future:

We would not do this!  Anytime you give up the best player in the trade, you lose the trade.  That pick would be one of the last ones in the first round.

This trade will not happen. I think Rondo will be staying. Hopefully Victor will sober up and play huge and we will not be talking about rim protection.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

This trade will not happen. I think Rondo will be staying. Hopefully Victor will sober up and play huge and we will not be talking about rim protection.

He'd probably play better if he was drunk.

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 09:53:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
lets get hasheem thabeet instead of adams

Really, what has he shown thus far that merits discussion except for his ability to hold down a chair on the bench?

I really do not get how people think these busts are going to miraculously be productive in Boston once they get here.  A dud is a dud no matter what gun it is fired from.