Author Topic: Pacers Blow It Up/Dream Scenario.... Would you do it?  (Read 7423 times)

Re: Pacers Blow It Up/Dream Scenario.... Would you do it?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Acquiring West is a bit of a waste of his talent, as he's an older player who should be helping a contender.

I don't have any interest in paying close to that price for Hibbert, who has shown that he is a complete head case.

Couldn't disagree more. I think having West's veteran presence provides leadership to a very young Celtics team.

Also, maybe I am the only one, but I really dislike the sound of the Celts being labeled as a "non-contender."

This "rebuild" stuff isn't for me.

I don't like the sound of the Celtics being a non-contender, but that's exactly what they are.

I just think it's a waste of assets to acquire a guy at the end of his prime who would have no interest in re-signing with the team.
completely agree.  West belongs on a team that is a contender.  this deal would get the C's into the playoffs probably but not at a contending level.

when Hibbert was coming into the league I thought he'd become a top center but he's been a real disappointment.  he's ok but not great.  too inconsistant and hasn't really developed an offensive game.  seems to be mentally weak too -- no drive to dominate his position where I really think he could if he put his mind to it.

even with that said, I think the initial proposal is an overpayment for these 2 especially without having Hibbert (the 'prize' of the trade) locked up for a couple more years at reasonable salary

Re: Pacers Blow It Up/Dream Scenario.... Would you do it?
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
West belongs on a team that is a contender.

Good players make their team contenders, I do not think anyone belongs or deserves to be on a contender.