Author Topic: Green for Mahinmi, Copeland, and Solomon Hill  (Read 6433 times)

Green for Mahinmi, Copeland, and Solomon Hill
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:50:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yes, we would need to cut or trade several players quick, PRIOR to this trade.  Then we would likely waive either or both of Copeland and Hill.

It works of realgm.com tradechecker.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6499238

It gets Jeff Green out of town, gets us a legit shot blocking center to give us a quality 20-25 minutes and perhaps take another step.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

P.S. Best wishes to George in his recovery!!!!!!!

Re: Green for Mahinmi, Copeland, and Solomon Hill
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:54:36 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Why?

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:57:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
To get out of Green's contract.  To give Turner time to get a serious look/see.  To finally get a real center for the first time in a LONG time.  Mahinmi averaged around 6 points and 5 rebounds for Dallas in 2011/2012 shooting 55% from the field.

Perhaps we could also get a future first rounder.

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Because Paul George went down with a gruesome injury and thus we are proposing deals to trade our SF for their pieces lol. Then they'd have a starting SF who is a 6th man to replace an injured George.

Yuuuuup i think that's the real reason why!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 12:05:31 AM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
maybe Commissioner Silver would let the Danny lend Larry and the Pacers Gerald Wallace for the season....a win/win...

seriously, how terrible was that. very sorry for PG....

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 12:08:08 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Pass. I already concede I thought too much of Green coming into last season but I will be glad when people stop undervaluing him.

Are you asking me to give up Green for Mahinmi? I like the guy but come on man. This isn't my bias for our players either, I have no problem with trading Green but not for this package. I don't know what I would like us to get for him but I know Mahinmi isn't it.

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 12:14:35 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Yes, we would need to cut or trade several players quick, PRIOR to this trade.  Then we would likely waive either or both of Copeland and Hill.

It gets Jeff Green out of town, gets us a legit shot blocking center to give us a quality 20-25 minutes and perhaps take another step.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Solomon Hill is okay, Copeland is terrible, and Mahimi can't really do that much. Yes he was better than Hibbert in the playoffs, but really a broken down player like Hibbert was worse than Perkins.. Yes the same beloved Perkins, that we as Celtics bloggers seem to want to bring back.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 01:16:03 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Solomon Hill is okay, Copeland is terrible, and Mahimi can't really do that much. Yes he was better than Hibbert in the playoffs, but really a broken down player like Hibbert was worse than Perkins.. Yes the same beloved Perkins, that we as Celtics bloggers seem to want to bring back.

:o  Stop.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 01:35:37 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Pass. I already concede I thought too much of Green coming into last season but I will be glad when people stop undervaluing him.

Are you asking me to give up Green for Mahinmi? I like the guy but come on man. This isn't my bias for our players either, I have no problem with trading Green but not for this package. I don't know what I would like us to get for him but I know Mahinmi isn't it.

I agree.  Mahinmi?  Really?  We already have Joel Anthony to fill the role of offensively-challenged center ;D  I don't even like Green, but come on.  Why don't we just sign Oden and wait for next year's draft, where our deficiencies inside will hopefully be addressed.  I know that I just said this in another thread, but you can't rebuild all at once.  It took Indiana almost 10 years :o  At best, we're probably looking at a 5-year plan here ;)  You know, because those always worked out so well (sarcasm) ::)

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 03:42:50 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
if they can sign shawn marion, no thanks for green

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Thoughts??

Smitty77

We aren't going to be doing anymore more trades where we pick up more players than we give.  We have 18 on roster and 15 guaranteed deals...

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Im good, rather keep Green.

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Not a bad idea. Green for Scola/Mahimi also works and then find a separate deal for Bass.

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If we dangle Jeff Green out to Larry, Indy might bite.

They just lost Stephenson already, and now Paul George. Weren't they offering Stephenson a 9-10 mill per year deal, isn't Jeff Green making roughly that?

I am not a proponent of trading Jeff Green. For 1, the league nowadays value the wing player, then the PG, then the PF, the C spot. I would'n't hesitate to even insert any 6th spot ahead of the starting 5 spot too.

The reason I even entertain Jeff Green is because Danny is in a stronger bargaining/neotiating position now that Paul George is hurt.

Danny could ask for more, maybe even a future pick or what not, to add to a package that would match Jeff Green's salary.

I am no fan of 3rd string big men, sorry.

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 08:47:15 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
This sounds like a trade you'd see on a Pacers board.

Jeff Green has 1 year left in his deal (in his prime) before he opts out. We don't need to get rid if his deal! We're lucky to have it.

We need to get rid of the Wallace and Bass deals, not Green's.