Author Topic: Green for Mahinmi, Copeland, and Solomon Hill  (Read 6432 times)

Re: Green for Mahinmi, Copeland, and Solomon Hill
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Would Indiana with Green win the championship?
No way!
Then why even bother with this if you are Indiana.

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Junk for Uncle Sleepy.  Any trade where you give up the best player, your losing the trade!

PASS!

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'd be surprised if Indiana has any interest in Jeff Green. I think, at best, acquiring Green would make Indiana a second round exit team.

Let's face it, Indiana had a brief championship window that was barely open. Now, with Paul missing a year, David West approaching his mid 30's, and Hibbert playing like a former shadow of himself, not to mention losing Stephenson, who was a crucial piece for them, Indy now needs to pull the trigger on blowing it up.

Bird's best bet is to make everyone on the team who isn't named Paul George available in trade talks. Getting some promising young talent to put around George, who has shown glimpses of franchise player potential, should be Indy's main priority this season. It's a better option in the long run than gunning for a playoff spot this year just to be bounced in the first or second round by a more talented team again.

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 09:23:22 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
how many times do we have to explain no one wants jeff green? lol

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 09:50:58 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
two trades I would look at if I'm Indiana:

David West to OKC for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb, and Perry Jones III. This would work out for both teams because David West, if healthy, is the missing link that will get OKC back to the finals. Also, his contract expires in a year, so it wouldn't interfere with OKC trying to re-sign KD in 2016. On the other side of things, Indy gets a large expiring out of Perkins, and two promising young prospects, in Lamb and Jones, who also fit positional needs and could blossom playing big minutes and gaining experience on a losing team.

Roy Hibbert to Boston for Jared Sullinger, Marcus Thornton, Keith Bogans, and a first.   This is a trade that also allows Indy to collect young assets while shedding salary, which will give them a lot of option in the summer of 2015. Jared Sullinger is the perfect David West replacement. It also helps that he's a good 12 years younger. For Boston, it's no secret that Danny Ainge is eager to compete now. Getting Hibbert on board would be a huge step towards making it back to the top. Most question his drive, but when he played like crap in the playoffs last year, he always had a huge bounce back game which would show you why he is such a vital pierce while healthy. I think if Stevens could get the most out of Hibbert, it would pose to be a nightmare for all opposing teams.

That leaves Indy with...

Hill/ Stuckey
Lamb/ Thornton
Copleand/ Jones III
Sullinger/ Scola
Mahinmi/ Perkins

more than bad enough to sink Indy to the bottom 3 in the ECF, but also gives them a crap load of Cap space, young talent, and most likely a top 5 pick to put around George, who if he returns healthy, is a top 10 player in this league, in my opinion. As long as they have George they will be fine.

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 11:59:27 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
how many times do we have to explain no one wants jeff green? lol

::)

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 12:28:47 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This sounds like a trade you'd see on a Pacers board.

Jeff Green has 1 year left in his deal (in his prime) before he opts out. We don't need to get rid if his deal! We're lucky to have it.

We need to get rid of the Wallace and Bass deals, not Green's.

No, not really.

Now that the team signed Turner, they don't really need Jeff Green.

And, who's to say Green is going to opt out of 9 million, next year?

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
This sounds like a trade you'd see on a Pacers board.

Jeff Green has 1 year left in his deal (in his prime) before he opts out. We don't need to get rid if his deal! We're lucky to have it.

We need to get rid of the Wallace and Bass deals, not Green's.

No, not really.

Now that the team signed Turner, they don't really need Jeff Green.

And, who's to say Green is going to opt out of 9 million, next year?
i also believe he'll opt in, i think he is loyal to boston and well nobody wants him. ;D

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Green haters are just ridiculous at this point. He's our leading scorer and is one of the better wing defenders in the NBA, oh and he got paid less than Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries last year. Don't get rid of one of you best players unless you are getting someone as good or better back (or if the team is straight up tanking then some young talent). Trevor Ariza is older, averages 9.7ppg and 4.6rbs for his CAREER and he just got signed to over 8 mil a season. I get that being a Celtics fan isn't easy right now, but Green isn't to blame. He's isn't a star, but he's a really good player.

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 02:24:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'd be surprised if Indiana has any interest in Jeff Green. I think, at best, acquiring Green would make Indiana a second round exit team.

Let's face it, Indiana had a brief championship window that was barely open. Now, with Paul missing a year, David West approaching his mid 30's, and Hibbert playing like a former shadow of himself, not to mention losing Stephenson, who was a crucial piece for them, Indy now needs to pull the trigger on blowing it up.

Bird's best bet is to make everyone on the team who isn't named Paul George available in trade talks. Getting some promising young talent to put around George, who has shown glimpses of franchise player potential, should be Indy's main priority this season. It's a better option in the long run than gunning for a playoff spot this year just to be bounced in the first or second round by a more talented team again.

Idk about that, but I will say that their once-promising future of a core of George and Stephenson has certainly been shot to hell.  Indiana would have been much better served to have kept Plumlee, Gerald Green (yes, Gerald Green), and Danny Granger, draft Tim Hardaway Jr instead of Solomon Hill, and use their remaining mle to sign Aaron Brooks and Elton Brand.  I still don't know why Walsh gave George Hill $8 million a year, or why he signed Gerald Green ::)  They could have even retained DJ Augustin lol, seeing as Lance and George were the two primary playmakers for them last year.  Aaron Brooks should have been signed in the lockout year and Bird should have drafted Shumpert instead of acquiring Hill for Leonard.  You want to talk about a scary team by last season, just imagine this Pacers club -

PG - Stephenson/Brooks
SG - Shumpert/Hardaway Jr/Granger/Butler
SF - George/Granger/Hardaway Jr/Butler
PF - West/Brand/Plumlee/Granger
C - Hibbert/Plumlee/Mahinmi/Brand

Idk what you do with Green, but you get the idea.  Does anyone think that Stephenson would have left if 1). Bird hadn't traded Granger, and 2). if the Pacers had won it all, because I don't.  Larry really screwed up on that one, and Bynum.  Wow. :o  Why Larry, why? 

Paul George is a franchise player, btw.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:37:59 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 08:37:41 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Idk about that, but I will say that their once-promising future of a core of George and Stephenson has certainly been shot to hell.  Indiana would have been much better served to have kept Plumlee, Gerald Green (yes, Gerald Green), and Danny Granger, draft Tim Hardaway Jr instead of Solomon Hill, and use their remaining mle to sign Aaron Brooks and Elton Brand.  I still don't know why Walsh gave George Hill $8 million a year, or why he signed Gerald Green ::)  They could have even retained DJ Augustin lol, seeing as Lance and George were the two primary playmakers for them last year.  Aaron Brooks should have been signed in the lockout year and Bird should have drafted Shumpert instead of acquiring Hill for Leonard.  You want to talk about a scary team by last season, just imagine this Pacers club -

PG - Stephenson/Brooks
SG - Shumpert/Hardaway Jr/Granger/Butler
SF - George/Granger/Hardaway Jr/Butler
PF - West/Brand/Plumlee/Granger
C - Hibbert/Plumlee/Mahinmi/Brand

Idk what you do with Green, but you get the idea.  Does anyone think that Stephenson would have left if 1). Bird hadn't traded Granger, and 2). if the Pacers had won it all, because I don't.  Larry really screwed up on that one, and Bynum.  Wow. :o  Why Larry, why? 

Paul George is a franchise player, btw.

I think Paul George and Roy Hibbert is key to core. So long as those two guys are there, the others (David West, Lance Stephenson) can be replaced and Indiana can continue to put a title contender out there.

Those two guys (Hibbert, George) are the ones who create team identity and give Indiana such a strong defense + rebounding foundation to build the rest of the team off of.

Well that was before Paul George had career threatening injury. If he isn't the same post injury, then this is the end of the line for Indiana.