Author Topic: Paul George Broken leg in USA scrimmage  (Read 15782 times)

Re: Paul George Broken leg in USA scrimmage
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 11:54:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Saw and it was gruesome as well.   Bad break.

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 11:56:06 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
USA is a way too much risk for the reward for "STAR" players. Teams have too much invested in certain individuals for this. It's stupid from an investment standpoint. Hopefully teams restrict their most important nba assets from participating in non nba events. It's insane honestly.

Indiana just lost lance and potentially paul George on five weeks! Are you kidding me?! Their 2014-15 season is done if he's out!

Yo if this is theisman type stuff then id never let players play in "charity" games! Stupid. Just dumb.

… this could've happened anywhere. Literally anywhere. Are you going to propose that the NBA ban players from offseason pickup games, too?

Yes.

If I'm an owner.. Yes.

I pay you a fifth my salary cap to lead my team to a title. To sell jerseys. To fill my stadium. Not to sit on the bench in a suit. It's business... That's all.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 12:01:55 AM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
ESPN reported that the support in Vegas is 2 feet, 2 inches closer to the court than a regulation NBA court. That is a big deal that with these athletes should never have been permitted. George has made that play a thousand times without incident. If that support was further back by 2 feet, this would not have happened. Very, very sad. 

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 12:09:06 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Ugh..that was the shin bone not the ankle right?
How many games does he miss with that?
Is he out for the season?
God reminded me of Rondo when Wade snapped his arm the wrong way...
Will post video when it's online.

Agreed.  I didn't see it at first, but, is it even possible for a leg to bend like that?  Oh that does not look good.  This is the leg version of Rondo's 'injury' cough, cough.  I loved George before all of the stuff that transpired off of the court, so my opinion on him has changed, but still, I'm hoping that he'll make a complete recovery.  Maybe it's the curse of Derrick Rose.  Isn't it ironic how he was the first player they showed in that clip.  That was eerie.  Man oh man.  What an offseason for the Pacers (sarcasm).  Wow.  I hate to ask, because I know that there are basketball injuries that have been worse, but I can't think of ones like that.  I know that someone mentioned Shaun Livingston's.
Rondo's injury was at a joint. This was in the shin. It is a broken bone.

Livingston was also at a joint.

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 12:12:44 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
WOW, that was something awful !!!

The apparent location and angle of the break looks like he will be out a season imo, and may have some long term issues.

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 12:16:37 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
This isnt because of social media. If you google "paul george broken leg" this thread is #9 on the front page. if you google "paul george broken" its #3. that is why we have 1500 guests reading this. good job to OP for making this thread  speedily, google caught it and gave it preferential treatment for that.
Jeff Can I get some royalties?
lol
That's good for Celticsblog, happy to return the favor for all the enjoyment this forum provides me :)
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 12:22:13 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
One of my favorite players. I've liked the Pacers for a long time and this'll be hard for them as a franchise.  :(

Apparently Kyrie and Rose were both crying.

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Celticsblog really is an amazing forum.  There is a great community of knowledgeable fans (we're the best, completely objectively); cool features like tommy points and a forum that shows up on the main page and users can start their own topics on.  It's like Reddit, but actually good.

I haven't seen any other NBA team have anything remotely as good as this site

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 12:28:31 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
He'll be back.  Many athletes have come back from this injury

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 12:29:22 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Celticsblog really is an amazing forum.  There is a great community of knowledgeable fans (we're the best, completely objectively); cool features like tommy points and a forum that shows up on the main page and users can start their own topics on.  It's like Reddit, but actually good.

I haven't seen any other NBA team have anything remotely as good as this site

Yea, we're the sh!t :)

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »

Offline nicknorman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I really hope that he gets well for this season. It stinks this happened well he was representing our country. I mean, Labron, Love and Durant are all skipping this contest, so it seems unfair that George might lose a season well being a good citizen.

Unfortunately this might doom future Superstars from participating in this tournament, and only doing international tournaments when they can earn a gold.

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 12:35:28 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
These are all from David Chow, a foot/leg surgeon

Horrible! Just saw video of scrimmage.  @Paul_George24  suffers tibia/fibula fracture. Will need surgery (rod). 6-9 months minimum recovery.
[/size]

Injury for @Paul_George24 is horrific but should not be career threatening like if he dislocated knee. Likely no nerve or artery damage.
[/size]

David J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc  ·  24m
Tib/fib fracture @Paul_George24 likely open (bone thru skin). Infection risk. Surgery likely tonight. Prayers with him and his family.
[/size]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:44:17 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2014, 12:36:19 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Good lord that is distressing to watch :'(

Wishing him all the best but I strongly doubt he plays in the 2014/2015 season. :(
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
I really hope that he gets well for this season.

Not gonna happen

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
ESPN reported that the support in Vegas is 2 feet, 2 inches closer to the court than a regulation NBA court. That is a big deal that with these athletes should never have been permitted. George has made that play a thousand times without incident. If that support was further back by 2 feet, this would not have happened. Very, very sad.
Is that distance typical in FIBA games? It would make sense to keep these things uniform.

Less padding and his foot doesn't get caught in the cushion. Maybe that is the justification that the Cubs use.