Author Topic: I Got 5 On It - Wu-Tang Clan Questionnaire  (Read 4999 times)

I Got 5 On It - Wu-Tang Clan Questionnaire
« on: August 01, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
My boy Tim Faklis and I have come up with a new little feature for Rhyme Junkie where every so often we will collaborate to answer 5 themed questions, called "I Got 5 On It" (why not lol). This is our first one, so we figured what better way to kick it off than use Wu-Tang as the theme? The topics we discuss are:

- Most underrated Wu-Tang solo album
- Best Wu-Tang album (other than the universal #1 36 Chambers)
- Favorite member of the Wu-Tang Clan
- Best Wu-Tang solo album
- Most underrated deep track

Here's a snippet:

Favorite Wu-Tang Member:

Dustin- Method Man
As much love as I have for each and every member of the group, Method Man is far and away my favorite. RZA's impact on the group and hip hop in general goes unquestioned, and in terms of emceeing, GZA comes in second for me but nobody else in the Clan has the "total package" like Hot Nicks. Method Man has a one of a kind voice, the most stimulating rhymes, the most captivating personality, an incredible solo catalog and that patented flow and delivery. To me, nobody else in the group brings the "it factor" quite like Meth, one of my all-time favorite rappers.

---

Tim- RZA
Maybe it's cliche to choose the co-leader, but I can't help it. I will be forever in awe of the genius that RZA puts forth on every Wu-Tang work. Whether it's the full group, a solo project, or something totally different, he always brings it. The man even directs kung-fu movies. How cool is that?

TAKE A LOOK AT THE FULL SEGMENT HERE

This was a ton of fun. Definitely looking forward to more of these with different themes.

What do you guys think of our responses? How would you answer each topic?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:38:48 PM by CelticBalla32 »
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: I Got 5 On It - Wu-Tang Clan Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I can't believe you put Cuban Linkz over Liquid Swords.  :-X

But I'm biased, since GZA is 110 percent my favorite Wu-Tang member.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 04:20:55 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Great article, CB.  Man that jogs a lot of terrific nostalgia...

As for me, I'm definitely an outlier, but my most underrated / favorite member is Inspectah Deck & everything off of Uncontrolled Substance.  That album is straight fire and I wish it got the attention it deserved/still deserves.  Especially considering Masta Killa & U-God are the only other true-Wu member who even make an appearance AND because of the infamous Rza-basement flood that destroyed many of this album's beats, among countless others.

Word on the Street is a great story-song.  9th Chamber goes harrrrrrrd. But my favorite on the album and one of my favorite Wu songs in general is Forget Me Not.  That Rza beat & Inspectah flow is just unmatched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i2BKgS5MVc

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:48:48 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible

Haha I was torn on it, I mentioned Liquid Swords as one of the record's I was fighting myself with when I made my pick. It's really close, though, no doubt. Liquid Swords is a classic and a half in its own right. The production on OB4CL just get me feeling a certain kind of way lol.

As for me, I'm definitely an outlier, but my most underrated / favorite member is Inspectah Deck & everything off of Uncontrolled Substance.  That album is straight fire and I wish it got the attention it deserved/still deserves.  Especially considering Masta Killa & U-God are the only other true-Wu member who even make an appearance AND because of the infamous Rza-basement flood that destroyed many of this album's beats, among countless others.

Word on the Street is a great story-song.  9th Chamber goes harrrrrrrd. But my favorite on the album and one of my favorite Wu songs in general is Forget Me Not.  That Rza beat & Inspectah flow is just unmatched.

Thanks brotha I appreciate the kind words.

I'm with you on Inspectah Deck, he's great. That basement flood is just unfair to hip hop lol. That reminds me of a similar Eminem story, where he had written a lot of Marshall Mathers LP in jail but lost the notebook. I could only imagine some of the menacing things he thought of in a cell...

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Haha I was torn on it, I mentioned Liquid Swords as one of the record's I was fighting myself with when I made my pick. It's really close, though, no doubt. Liquid Swords is a classic and a half in its own right. The production on OB4CL just get me feeling a certain kind of way lol.

That's exactly how I feel about Swords. You can throw on that title track onto your headphones and boom -- you're in the middle of a modern day samurai noir. RZA's finest hour, plus its got each member of the original 9 on it.

Wu Tang is fantastic. Rad article.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:51:29 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible

That's exactly how I feel about Swords. You can throw on that title track onto your headphones and boom -- you're in the middle of a modern day samurai noir. RZA's finest hour, plus its got each member of the original 9 on it.

Wu Tang is fantastic. Rad article.

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i2BKgS5MVc

i love rebel ins!!!!  his finest hour was his opening verse on triumph......imo, the greatest verse ever in rap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzeizVR7F8

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
solid article! on the inspectah deck tip, I always think of his cameo w/ Gang Starr:

http://youtu.be/Ucvta7xDo_4

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hangin out with these guys is definitely worth while.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 06:08:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

You're one of those people who thinks that Brooklyn Zoo is the real masterpiece, aren't you.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 07:03:32 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
solid article! on the inspectah deck tip, I always think of his cameo w/ Gang Starr:

http://youtu.be/Ucvta7xDo_4

This

Classic track.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

You're one of those people who thinks that Brooklyn Zoo is the real masterpiece, aren't you.
Oh I don't know much about their actual music. To me their best appearance was Crank Yankers. I'm just sayin they're fun to be around. Not that I've been around all of them by any means.