Author Topic: Evan Turner And The Shot Chart Of Infinite Sadness (via The Classical)  (Read 2747 times)

Re: Evan Turner And The Shot Chart Of Infinite Sadness (via The Classical)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 08:07:30 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Does our staff want to spend time/energy to develop Turner or would that time be better off spent developing our other youngster guards?

Will any of our newly drafted players lose out on the attention?

I feel Turner is a low risk transaction, but will his presence work against the growth of our other young guys?

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
worst part about the signing is that he's a guard. We have too many guards, including many young guys who need minutes for their development. Assuming he isn't good (which he won't be), I hope he will be really really bad so that he won't steal minutes from the guys with actual potential. Worst case scenario he plays OK enough to earn 20mpg, helps us win like 2 games more than we would've without him, and impairs the development of Smart and AB (and even Young). Either way it is probably the end for CJ. Sigh...
Sorry to say CJ was probably gone already along with the other non-guaranteeds Bogans and Babb. I like CJ but I don't think his upside is Evan Turner.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 11:32:02 PM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
worst part about the signing is that he's a guard. We have too many guards, including many young guys who need minutes for their development.

It's not that we have too many guards - it's that none of them are great shooters. We have no perimeter threat in the backcourt and that allows defenses to slack off into the lane.

Turner brings lots of positives to the table, unfortunately they're the same positives we already had on the roster.