Author Topic: Idea: Celtics/Bucks trade  (Read 3076 times)

Idea: Celtics/Bucks trade
« on: August 01, 2014, 08:54:20 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Rajon Rondo and a 2nd rounder to Milwaukee for Brandon Knight and Larry Sanders.

Celts get a couple good pieces (including a legit center) while Milwaukee gets a star to pair up with Parker, Giannis and new coach Jason Kidd.

For centers, they still have Henson and Pachulia.

I know Kidd is supposedly high on Sanders (supposedly wanted to deal Lopez to Milwaukee for him) but maybe upper management considers this to get the Bucks fan base excited (if there is such a thing.)

Re: Idea: Celtics/Bucks trade
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no thanks.  I don't want to trade Rondo but if does get traded, it has to bring back someone better than either of these players.  Knight and Sanders are not foundation players

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:38:13 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
no thanks.  I don't want to trade Rondo but if does get traded, it has to bring back someone better than either of these players.  Knight and Sanders are not foundation players

rajon rondo for eric gordon jeff whit austin rivers 1st round picks

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

But then what do the Pelicans do with Holiday?

Plus doesn't that give us too many shooting guards?

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:55:27 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

But then what do the Pelicans do with Holiday?

Plus doesn't that give us too many shooting guards?
not a fan of that alternative deal either.  no foundation player coming back to the C's. 

Gordon's an injury waiting to happen.  Withey hasn't shown much and Rivers has shown nothing.  Picks would be in the 20's if Rondo went to NO.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'd rather trade for Sanders than Gordon, but I don't think it makes sense to trade Rondo for either.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
What is wrong with people? Larry Sanders and Brandon Knight for Rondo and a pick! You must be out your mind. Sanders is over hyped because he averages 1.9 blocks. Ooooh rim protector, smh. 87 that is how many starts he has had in 4 years. He has never averaged over 10 points. He has never averaged 10 rebounds. Guy has been suspended and even out with bad non-basketball injury, two red flags. He never averaged over 28 minutes. He is a horrible ft shooter worse than Rondo at about a 55% clip. He is 47% fg scorer, bad for a center. And he will be 26 this year not a promising young guy at say 23 or 24. At 26 you should be 80% of what you are basketball skill wise. Only way this guy is on my team is if I have 4 dynamic scorers playing next to him and a good backup C. All he can offer you is defense and very low playing time.

I'm for moving Rondo but get off Larry Sanders hype machine! Only way I consider this trade is with two first coming back to C's and one must be a bucks unprotected.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 12:02:08 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
my attitude going into "Celtics trade idea threads now"

go in expecting it to be Rondo related
-is it Rondo related?
--> if yes, ignore 90% of time and move on

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 12:19:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
my attitude going into "Celtics trade idea threads now"

go in expecting it to be Rondo related
-is it Rondo related?
--> if yes, ignore 90% of time and move on

True, Larry Bird is rolling over in his grave right now.

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:21:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Brandon Knight is only a starting PG if you have a playmaking wing alongside him. Otherwise, his limitations as a floor general and passer limit him to backup PG or combo guard roles. Knight's performance last year as starting PG was a big reason for Milwaukee losing 65+ games last season despite his 18ppg. Knight is the in the Mario Chalmers / George Hill realm of PGs.

Larry Sanders is a good player with very good potential but I think Boston can get him at a cheaper price than giving up Rondo. And I do not think L.Sanders is worth giving up Rondo for anyway. Sanders makes too many bone-headed decisions (on and off the court) to be worth paying a high price for. Given the risk involved and the real likelihood of Sanders never coming close to fulfilling his potential, I would not give up star's ransom for Sanders in a trade.

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Either this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nvb6t6x

or they can swap out Holiday and Wallace and give us a top-3/5/10/unprotected 2017 pick.

I'm not selling low on Rondo. I think we have a good chance to keep him and I believe he's a top PG when healthy. If we're not getting a godfather deal for him I'm not moving him. 3 relatively young guys and moving Wallace is a coup so I'd begrudgingly take it.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Id rather Sanders over Gordon but there is still risk with Sanders, coming or going into rehab and all.

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 04:24:57 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think this is a terrible trade.  Rondo's worth more

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 05:16:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Sanders would be a foundation 4 if he were clean.

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 11:57:45 PM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Honestly haven't seen sanders play that much - but the bits that I've caught have been alright. Doesn't seem like the pile that he gets made out to be, but he's definitely not a franchise big man by any means. I'm not against trading for sanders but I'd hope for more in return for Rondo. I'd rather not waste any time trying to debate brandon knights trade value either.

I would be very interested in Milwaukee picks though.  Count me as among those who believe Kidd is an awful coach, and firmly expect the bucks to be in the lottery for foreseeable future.