Author Topic: Derrick Rose acknowledges past tension with Bulls  (Read 3421 times)

Re: Derrick Rose acknowledges past tension with Bulls
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 05:55:18 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Perhaps hes not a fan of Carmelo Anthony. And if that's true then I'm 100% fine with that because I'm not either. He probably knew THAT diva wasn't really going to leave NY anyway.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 08:13:54 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
I dont fault a player for wating to win on his own and not wanting to ride other superstars coat tails...I respect that more than Love wanting to go play 3rd fiddle to Kyrie/Lebron.

Honestly i'm rooting for the bulls this year to knock cleveland out of the playoffs

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 09:12:23 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Are you guys serious?

First lets call LeBron and company soft for forming super teams and not wanting to take on the challenge of doing it themselves on their own team, now Rose is a 'Diva' because he wants to win it by himself with the team as currently constructed?

I think it's great if Rose doesn't want another superstar next to him, old fashioned competitive drive and not taking the easy way to a championship.

Pretty much this.
not really at all. LeBron came off as a quitter when he left Cleveland and now Miami. LeBron took less money to go to Miami because it's "Miami" and it was easier.

i'm pretty sure Lebron would have looked like a hero if he decided to take less money so the Cavs could have surrounded him with better players. instead of him just leaving.

in this case it sounds more like Rose doesn't want to play with melo(can't really blame him), tough I think if melo's game could work best somewhere I think it would be Chi. but if he doesn't want the organization to add better players around him? he's a moron! and i'd bet it has more to do with money than him "wanting to be a hero and doing it all himself".

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 09:20:19 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Are you guys serious?

First lets call LeBron and company soft for forming super teams and not wanting to take on the challenge of doing it themselves on their own team, now Rose is a 'Diva' because he wants to win it by himself with the team as currently constructed?

I think it's great if Rose doesn't want another superstar next to him, old fashioned competitive drive and not taking the easy way to a championship.

Pretty much this.
not really at all. LeBron came off as a quitter when he left Cleveland and now Miami. LeBron took less money to go to Miami because it's "Miami" and it was easier.

i'm pretty sure Lebron would have looked like a hero if he decided to take less money so the Cavs could have surrounded him with better players. instead of him just leaving.

in this case it sounds more like Rose doesn't want to play with melo(can't really blame him), tough I think if melo's game could work best somewhere I think it would be Chi. but if he doesn't want the organization to add better players around him? he's a moron! and i'd bet it has more to do with money than him "wanting to be a hero and doing it all himself".

Possibly, but it also says in the article that Rose was "much more aggressive" when it came time to add Gasol, so I think the correct assumption is that Rose didn't go out of his way to recruit 'Melo specifically.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Are you guys serious?

I like that Rose is trying to do this by himself, but he still needs help. It's one thing to leave your team and join another team just to win, but it's another staying put, wanting to be a man, but allows help.

Idk what Rose is thinking, but choosing Gasol over Anthony could just mean, he doesn't just want a superstar, he wants a legit player that plays hard, knows how to win, and will work to achieve that goal and not a selfish superstar in Anthony

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 11:48:59 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
(I think he's too soft,  gutless, lacks that competive edge).

Derrick Rose?! What? Why?

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i wouldn't help recruit melo either...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Are you guys serious?

Nailed it, TP.

Yup!